Black Sabbath reunites with Ozzy!

USB Connector

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other REALLY important thing I want to say about all the shit going on in the Sabbath camp.....this one of the biggest reasons I so totally love Rush....they are still great friends and still have a huge amount of love and respect for each other. They were smart enough way back in the beginning to just spilt the cash equally and not let it drive wedges between themselves.

I know there's a lot of people here that didn't like the last 3 albums very well and don't like Neil's attitudes at times and so forth, but there's never anyone here (or anywhere else that I know of) that lacks one ounce of respect for the bond the guys have. Even more amazing in a 3 man dynamic too, especially considering 2 were boyhood friends.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 4 2012, 01:02 AM)
One other REALLY important thing I want to say about all the shit going on in the Sabbath camp.....this one of the biggest reasons I so totally love Rush....they are still great friends and still have a huge amount of love and respect for each other. They were smart enough way back in the beginning to just spilt the cash equally and not let it drive wedges between themselves.

I know there's a lot of people here that didn't like the last 3 albums very well and don't like Neil's attitudes at times and so forth, but there's never anyone here (or anywhere else that I know of) that lacks one ounce of respect for the bond the guys have. Even more amazing in a 3 man dynamic too, especially considering 2 were boyhood friends.

goodpost.gif

Vinny is a better drummer at this point , but i totally understand Bills problem

Too bad this tour seems to be imploding before it even begins. You've already got one person battling cancer and now another member won't be back over money issues. I have to wonder what will become of this whole thing?

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Feb 5 2012, 04:26 PM)

Too bad this tour seems to be imploding before it even begins. You've already got one person battling cancer and now another member won't be back over money issues. I have to wonder what will become of this whole thing?

It'll turn into the Tony Iommi Project tour 2014...

trink38.gif

Sharon is the great whore of birmingham, and this reeks of her doosheness

Posted on Bill's website on Saturday:

"Dear Sabbath Fans,

This is Bill. I just wanted to humbly thank you all. Your support from across the world has given me further strength and hope for a positive resolve. I have been moved and overwhelmed by the thousands of messages. I love you all.

Rock forever,

Bill"

I really dig Vinnie's style, but Sabbath (3/4) has turned into a pack of near-dead greedy pigs who are just out to maximize their bank accounts at any price, including screwing the fans out of what could have possibly been a cool tour, providing Tony and Bill's health allowed it.

But, I can't blame Bill for holding out for a fair cut. It's not like HE's the greedy one. In this business, like many, if you just take what they give you they will walk all over you, and Bill (even though he's not what he once was) deserves the respect and dignity they want to cheat him out of.

Here's a band, one of the few legends in rock and metal, that has all members still sucking air, and the fans have to suffer because some of them don't want to share the pie equally. I'd doubt we will ever see another Sabbath reunion with all four original members, and I'm going to support Bill and NOT support the old-bags for this album or tour...

$40 Million Dollars isn't enough for one album/tour? Kiss it, $haron! moon.gif

edit: typo

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 5 2012, 11:52 AM)
Vinny is a better drummer at this point , but i totally understand Bills problem

062802puke_prv.gif I do too, MD. It is similar to when I paid my dues as a young musician, hauling my shit onstage on wednesday nights when no one was there to see my band, with a promise that "if you play these weekday gigs for us, we will reward you with some Friday and Saturday nights when the club is packed". I can't tell you how many times we believed the promoters and booking agents only to be screwed time and time again, by them not reciprocating.

I'm sure some of you trf musicians have played this game. Bill got tired of doing favors in hopes of a promised return for his patience and hard work, only to get dicked out of his fair share of proceeds... eyesre4.gif

It's Bill f***ing Ward, people! WTF?? It's not like some no name dude is holding out for $40M! Cmon...

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 6 2012, 12:05 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif I do too, MD. It is similar to when I paid my dues as a young musician, hauling my shit onstage on wednesday nights when no one was there to see my band, with a promise that "if you play these weekday gigs for us, we will reward you with some Friday and Saturday nights when the club is packed".

I Never , Ever want to go back to that.

Sharon should be shot. I hope Nobody buys this album or goes to see the tour . I love Tony and Gez but this is just f-n wrong

You can count me out, too. I said my peace on one of the 50 facebook pages I signed today about how there's only one BW and all. Bill's son even piped up on blabbermouth over this (fb really but...)

And I made sure to tell $haron to fuckoff and I would never buy another sabbath anything ever again. (sorry, bill) I'm done with that bitch. It's not an ozzy tour, it's a black sabbath reunion...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 7 2012, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 6 2012, 12:05 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif I do too, MD. It is similar to when I paid my dues as a young musician, hauling my shit onstage on wednesday nights when no one was there to see my band, with a promise that "if you play these weekday gigs for us, we will reward you with some Friday and Saturday nights when the club is packed".

I Never , Ever want to go back to that.

You can say that again! What a young fool I was...

I KNEW you'd been thru that, too, MD. Did that more than once...

And then what about this one:

Ever show up on one of those weeknight gigs where the guy at the club never heard of your band when you start loading in, so they add a FIFTH band and you end up either playing for 20 minutes at 8pm when the bartenders aren't even there to see you or you go on at 1:30am and have to get up for work at 6am the next day??? rage.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Feb 6 2012, 02:10 AM)
Like I said in a previous post, they should've ended on a high note and retired after Ronnie died. They're just a f***ing joke at this point. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Why? Who cares? That's what musicians do, they play music.

They should never retire for stupid reasons like going out on a high note. If they still want to play they should keep playing.