• Like 1

Louis Malle's first film

a classic, and Jean Moreau in natural light is as gorgeous as any actress ever

Elevator-to-the-Gallows-poster-goldposter-com-4.jpg

This film has one of the greatest scores of all time

• Like 1

A new box set of Hitch blu rays arrived, so first up:

Vertigo

The fact that this is one of the greatest film ever made is only amplified by the incredible job on the blu ray

I was taken aback at how Hitch coordinated colors in certain scenes and how he took a thousand details and

would make one simple / perfect scene or shot ..

Black and white film definitely has its beauty, but Vertigo - in all its glorious colors - is flat out amazing

alfred-hitchcock-original-movie-posters-halfsheet126-2.jpg

The genius of this movie. It's not the most interesting tale to tell but I will share it anyway.

I saw for years this film hyped as one of the greatest ever. I bought it. Now...I tried to watch this film endless times. Every time I was like "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS ALL THIS ABOUT?! FUUUUKC!"

I felt the opening is all random and bizarre. It made no real sense.

Then one day I was bored and saw the case. "Ok. I will finally finish you."

I felt the same until it got to a point I never reached before. Everything came together and by the time it ended I was flabbergasted by its genius!

I've seen it twice since then and I think it is PERFECT. I really need to watch more Hitchcock. I've loved every movie I have seen immensely.

None more than Vertigo.

It is sheer brilliance. It might just be my ultimate Hitch fave as well, can't say for certain yet. Oh man Blu-ray FFS though, has to be soon for me. Got a few classic horrors to get through for now.

• Like 1

A new box set of Hitch blu rays arrived, so first up:

Vertigo

The fact that this is one of the greatest film ever made is only amplified by the incredible job on the blu ray

I was taken aback at how Hitch coordinated colors in certain scenes and how he took a thousand details and

would make one simple / perfect scene or shot ..

Black and white film definitely has its beauty, but Vertigo - in all its glorious colors - is flat out amazing

alfred-hitchcock-original-movie-posters-halfsheet126-2.jpg

The genius of this movie. It's not the most interesting tale to tell but I will share it anyway.

I saw for years this film hyped as one of the greatest ever. I bought it. Now...I tried to watch this film endless times. Every time I was like "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS ALL THIS ABOUT?! FUUUUKC!"

I felt the opening is all random and bizarre. It made no real sense.

Then one day I was bored and saw the case. "Ok. I will finally finish you."

I felt the same until it got to a point I never reached before. Everything came together and by the time it ended I was flabbergasted by its genius!

I've seen it twice since then and I think it is PERFECT. I really need to watch more Hitchcock. I've loved every movie I have seen immensely.

None more than Vertigo.

It is sheer brilliance. It might just be my ultimate Hitch fave as well, can't say for certain yet. Oh man Blu-ray FFS though, has to be soon for me. Got a few classic horrors to get through for now.

I have deeply loved every single Hitchock film I have seen.

I can count them all on one hand.

I do not know what has prevented me from watching so many more!!

• Like 2

1970's Fragment Of Fear

There was a great "is it real or is it illness ?" string of movies in the late 60s early 70s ... I've only seen David Hemmings in three movies, but all three have been fantastic, all bordering on or achieving all-time status

Fragment-Of-Fear.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen thousands upon thousands of movies ... holy shit

Isabelle Adjani - one of the greatest performances I have ever seen .. from where she summoned this, few others have ever been

possession-italian-movie-poster.jpg

Edited by Lucas

I've seen thousands upon thousands of movies ... holy shit

Isabelle Adjani - one of the greatest performances I have ever seen .. from where she summoned this, few others have ever been

possession-italian-movie-poster.jpg

Never heard of it!!!

• Like 1

Lucas, could you recommend five of your favourite horror movies you think could blow my mind.

I love reading your posts and I loved Suspiria and a few others you mention.

• Like 1

Lucas, could you recommend five of your favourite horror movies you think could blow my mind.

Segue, that's a tough one

( love your new av btw )

- "Symptoms" from 1974 starring Anglea Pleasence .. it's a little slow, but the atmosphere is brilliant

- "Bedevilled" 2010 Korea .. ( this is not the shit American film from 2016 ) .. it's dramatic and spirals into horror near the end .. but beware

- "Tale Of Two Sisters" another Korean masterpiece - from 2003 ... beautifully shot and as scary as some scenes are, it is more sad

- "Alice Sweet Alice" - fairly low budget gem shot in NJ in 1976 .. This is more of a slasher, but takes some inspiration from the Italian giallo films as far as the mystery element

- Kwaidan - four short stories with supernatural and horror elements from Japan, 1965 ... The "Snow Witch" story is probably the most beautifully shot yet simple thing I have ever seen on film

- "Deep Red" and "Bird With The Crystal Plumage" - both are Dario Argento films, and both came before Suspiria ..... Bird With The Crystal Plumage is Dario's directorial debut, and there are a LOT if Hitchcock influences ..... Deep Red is similar, but by that time, Dario had upped the horror aspect ... Murder mysteries that feel like slashers ..

- "Picnic At Hanging Rock" - not sure if this even qualifies as horror, and there are lots of ways to take this movie .. It's another slower one, but it stuck with me immediately after I first saw it ..

- "Eyes Without A Face" - I think 1960 might be the most influential year for horror ever ... Eyes Without A Face is French, and while it doesn;t have the fiery push that more modern films have, it is a great great movie ...

- Ju-On - there are a lot of versions of this one .. The American on with Sarah Michelle Gellar falls completely flat ... The original was made for TV in Japan, and then the same director made a film version .... The Japanese film from 2002 is the one to watch .....

- The Face Of Another - another borderline horror film, but this one is definitely bizarre and worthwhile ... 1966 and made in Japan .. Words can;t really describe this masterpiece .. But it centers around a husband who suffers an accident at his job and feels his marriage has suffered ... an experimental procedure gives him a new face, and he then pursues his wife - as a totally different man ...

.. and if you haven;t seen Japan's Battle Royale, I definitely recommened it !!

And for a great, cheesy slasher, you gotta see 1980's Friday The 13th .. the original .... I love it but by no means is it a "great" film

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

The+Incredibles+2+Movie.jpg?ssl=1

Great entertainment!

The Blu-ray has an extra episode featuring Auntie Edna babysitting Jack Jack. Hilarious!! :haz: :haz:

I recommend The Sender from 1982 with Zeljo Ivanek in his film debut in the lead role. Underrated and obscure psychological horror movie.