Tim Tebow

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 12 2012, 10:18 AM)
Well Manning is at least consistent. wink.gif If Manning goes to Denver, Tebow's gone.

most definitely. his progress in the offseason must not be going as Elway would like?

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 12 2012, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 12 2012, 10:18 AM)
Well Manning is at least consistent.  wink.gif  If Manning goes to Denver, Tebow's gone.

most definitely. his progress in the offseason must not be going as Elway would like?

Bayless is right about one thing: I don't think Elway believes in him and given his stats, I can see why. Miracle finishes can't be relied on. There's the other 85% of the game I think both he and John Fox are concerned about...that large portion where Tebow isn't very dependable. They have to ship him if they get Manning, otherwise you end up with the media and fans asking for Tebow to make an appearance the second Manning has an off game (half..? quarter...?). You don't need a controversy. Manning is seasoned enough to play his way through a failed game without having to worry about whether or not the fans will start screaming for Captain Miracle.

Poor Tick, my man will be Crushed

TebowMania

rip

rose.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 12 2012, 10:44 AM)
TebowMania
rip
rose.gif

biggrin.gif I had the same thought. He'll go to another team and it'll spring up again. It was never really Denver-specific. Some admirers of his only watch football to watch Tebow play, so it hardly matters where that happens.

My question is, where would Tebow go and actually start right away? Buffalo? Cleveland?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 12 2012, 10:48 AM)
TebowMania
rip
rose.gif

biggrin.gif I had the same thought. He'll go to another team and it'll spring up again. It was never really Denver-specific. Some admirers of his only watch football to watch Tebow play, so it hardly matters where that happens.

My question is, where would Tebow go and actually start right away? Buffalo? Cleveland?

Maybe New Orleans seeing Brees will be gone ph34r.gif

TebowMania
rip
rose.gif

Well if P.M. Does go to Denver , why not the Fins, they Love him down there rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 12 2012, 12:06 PM)
TebowMania
rip
rose.gif

Well if P.M. Does go to Denver , why not the Fins, they Love him down there rofl3.gif

Jacksonville.

JETS ACQUIRE QB TEBOW FROM BRONCOS FOR PICKS

NEW YORK -- Tim Tebow has been traded to the Jets.

The team said Wednesday it has acquired the polarizing quarterback from the Broncos. Denver general manager Brian Xanders says the Broncos will receive fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, while New York gets a seventh-rounder -- all in 2012.

The trade first was reported by Fox Sports.

Denver started shopping Tebow after signing Peyton Manning.

Tebow is expected to complement starter Mark Sanchez, who received a $40.5 million contract extension, with $20.5 million guaranteed, earlier this month. The Jets also had pursued Manning.

Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs last season -- along the way beating Sanchez and the Jets, who missed the post-season. But Denver executive John Elway believed Manning gave the team a better chance at winning a championship now.

Edited by EmotionDetector

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 21 2012, 01:40 PM)

The team said Wednesday it has acquired the polarizing quarterback from the Broncos. Denver general manager Brian Xanders says the Broncos will receive fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, while New York gets a seventh-rounder -- all in 2012.

Tebow is expected to complement starter Mark Sanchez, who received a $40.5 million contract extension, with $20.5 million guaranteed, earlier this month. The Jets also had pursued Manning.

Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs last season -- along the way beating Sanchez and the Jets, who missed the post-season. But Denver executive John Elway believed Manning gave the team a better chance at winning a championship now.

I love this move. If Sanchez's head wasn't f-ed up before when the Jets were rumored to be interested in Peyton Manning, it will be now. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 21 2012, 02:03 PM)

I love this move. If Sanchez's head wasn't f-ed up before when the Jets were rumored to be interested in Peyton Manning, it will be now. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 21 2012, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 21 2012, 02:03 PM)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I LOVE TEBOW!!! I HOPE HE TAKES THAT WUSSY SANCHEZ'S JOB AWAY FROM HIM!!!! 1022.gif

Thanks to the F-n Jets, i now have to read about this AssHat Daily

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 21 2012, 02:26 PM)
I wonder if Tebow has sexy feet? wink.gif

rofl3.gif

No offense to Jets fans, but they constantly do things that defy logic. This is something that is just unbelievable to me.

For one, as many people have said, this will totally undermine Sanchez's ability to lead the team. The second he has a bad game you will hear the "Tebow" chants start.

"T-E-B-O-W - TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW!"

Granted a 4th and a 6th isn't all that steep a price for a guy who is a great leader and a hard worker, but he just doesn't have the ability to do one major thing that QB's are required to do...THROW THE BALL!

Although, a 4th and 6th isn't all that bad a price to pay for a former #1 pick coming off a season in which he lead his team to the playoffs, granted that was more a team effort than Tebow. If I were the Jets, I'd say, Sanchez is the starter and just use Tebow as a RB, TE, WR and occasionally use him in the wildcat formation. My guess is they will let him compete with Sanchez and eventually give him a chance to play.

The Jets never fail to entertain, that's for sure!

One great thing about this deal is the Browns didn't acquire him!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 21 2012, 05:18 PM)
Ticky is gonna continue to be a HUGE Tebow supporter if the JETS deal goes through!

trink36.gif

Tick is not only a Tebow supporter, he is an athletic supporter in general.

biggrin.gif

Tebow gets his choice, Jets or Jags, according to the WWL.

Hope it's the Jags. F*** the Jets.

Jacksonville or New York? Tim Tebow's future is up to him.

After a trade that would have sent the Broncos quarterback to the New York Jets hit a contract-related snag Wednesday afternoon, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Tebow can choose whether Denver deals the former Heisman Trophy winner to his hometown Jaguars or to Rex Ryan's Jets.

Word spread rapidly Wednesday that the Jets had acquired Tebow from Denver for draft picks, the teams encountered a hang-up in the language in Tebow's contract that put the trade on hold, a Broncos source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In Tebow's contract is a $6.2 million salary advance, of which $1.2 million already has been paid by Denver, sources told Schefter. The difference of $5 million is still advanced against his future salary, and that burden would shift to the Jets in a trade. The Jets, sources said, believe the Broncos should owe Tebow that money.

The trade, then, will not be finalized until the sides resolve who should pay the money to Tebow.

The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter.

The Jaguars, a league source told Schefter, then made an additional play to get Tebow after initially trying, and failing, to land the him earlier Wednesday.

ESPN initially reported the St. Louis Rams could be a landing place for Tebow, but sources later indicated the Rams are not serious contenders.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that Denver was negotiating with both the Jets and Jaguars for cash payments and will complete the trade with whichever team offers the highest amount.

Tebow grew up in Jacksonville and played his college ball at the University of Florida.

The Jaguars passed on drafting Tebow when he came out of college in 2010 and then traded up to draft Blaine Gabbert last season, calling him a "franchise quarterback." Gabbert struggled, and the team blamed his problems on receivers and coaching.

Coach Jack Del Rio was fired in November, the same day the team was sold to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan. Before the Super Bowl, Khan said in a radio interview that he would have drafted Tebow and indicated he would consider bringing in Tebow if he became available.

"I share your sentiment," Khan said to a caller who said he hoped the Jaguars would consider Tebow. "When is the next time Jacksonville is gonna have an athlete like Tim Tebow?"

Tebow, drafted by Denver with the No. 25 overall pick in 2010, went on the trading block Monday when the Broncos secured free-agent quarterback Peyton Manning, who signed a five-year, $96 million contract.

The timing of the trade is curious for New York.

Two weeks ago, the Jets gave Sanchez a three-year, $40.5 million contract extension, even though he regressed in certain areas last season. They signed former Detroit Lions backup Drew Stanton last week to be their No. 2 quarterback, handing him a $500,000 signing bonus. They also have former Alabama star Greg McElroy.

The Jets see Tebow as a change-of-pace player with the ability to run the Wildcat offense. They've used the Wildcat in recent years, but cut back last season with the departure of Brad Smith. The new offensive coordinator is Tony Sparano, who introduced the Wildcat to the NFL as coach of the Miami Dolphins.

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked if he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said.