Tim Tebow

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 16 2012, 10:02 AM)
Thus endeth the Tebow season.

and a marvelous season it was! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 14 2012, 11:38 PM)
Ass Whuppin' 3:16

Jack ass U:R

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 14 2012, 11:01 PM)
Chisled veteran showing a guy with WEAK fundamentals how to play the position. I hope the pup is taking notes.

He is a kid. You want him to play like a 3 time Superbowl champ and maybe the best ever? That's expecting alot from a guy who is not good enough to ever play in the NFL. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 14 2012, 09:52 PM)
Brady just threw a nice ball to the Denver Tebows...

common001.gif

Saints lose.....

Brees chews.....

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 14 2012, 11:01 PM)
Chisled veteran showing a guy with WEAK fundamentals how to play the position. I hope the pup is taking notes.

He is a kid. You want him to play like a 3 time Superbowl champ and maybe the best ever? That's expecting alot from a guy who is not good enough to ever play in the NFL. eyesre4.gif

As I previously said:

Let me say this, for all the people lined up ready to say "Hey, what do you want....he's just a kid in his first real year starting. Give him a break!!!" -- you gave none of his detractors and critics, many of them very FAIR in their assessment of the man's skills, a break when they tried to discuss his flaws.

No.

It was all about how people just hated him and his mad skills and his religious beliefs, etc. When he pulled off a miracle you asked, "How could you possibly deny that kind of performance? He's incredible!!" And then on the weeks he got trounced you said, "Hey, go easy on the guy...he's young and doesn't know what he's doing yet."

Sorry, can't have it both ways.

The truth of the matter is that he did both, he had moments of brilliance and was certainly a lighting rod for his teammates' devotion and for media attention. His comebacks deserved serious consideration.

AND....

...he was often a very minimal quarterback, ranging from falling just short to putting up numbers that are embarrassing if you're starting in the NFL.

While he put up more heroic wins, he had more experience coming in than Andy Dalton and Cam Newton, each of whom on the whole played the position better than Tebow. So clearly there are some out there who, despite their age and relative inexperience, don't need excuses as to why they didn't get more wins, more yards, have higher completion percentage. Cam is the best of the lot and he's the one of those three who DIDN'T make the playoffs. So just getting to the playoffs isn't the end all/be all of how good of a quarterback you are.

Some things to keep in mind when you now get retro-defensive about Tebow's critics in light of a season that ended with a young pup getting whipped by a guy who TRULY knows how to play the position and has since his first start.

I hope Tebow was taking notes.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 16 2012, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 01:19 PM)

Whatever, THIS WEEK YOU HAVE TO SUCK IT!!! common001.gif

Your words, not mine, but now ironically it applies to you.

I don't have to suck anything. That's where you are wrong.

By your own feelings.

I have a crappy QB with horrible mechanics who isn't even good enough to play in The NFL.

Well guess what. He took a team who had 1 win after 5 games and led them to a divisional title, and won his first playoff game ever against the defending AFC Champs.

I'd say his season was a HUGE success whether you think so or not.

If you consider it a fail to get beat on the road against possibly the greatest QB of all time, you can be a pompous ass and think that, but you are wrong.

Tebow had a great season for a kid who will never be successful in the NFL. He has already rendered that sentiment null and void.

Game over...I'm right and you know it. atickhum.gif

No need to respond. Just accept your defeat.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 16 2012, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 14 2012, 09:52 PM)
Brady just threw a nice ball to the Denver Tebows...

common001.gif

Saints lose.....

Brees chews.....

1287.gif

atickhum.gif boarder.gif bacon.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 16 2012, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 01:19 PM)

Whatever, THIS WEEK YOU HAVE TO SUCK IT!!! common001.gif

Your words, not mine, but now ironically it applies to you.

I don't have to suck anything. That's where you are wrong.

By your own feelings.

I have a crappy QB with horrible mechanics who isn't even good enough to play in The NFL.

Well guess what. He took a team who had 1 win after 5 games and led them to a divisional title, and won his first playoff game ever against the defending AFC Champs.

I'd say his season was a HUGE success whether you think so or not.

If you consider it a fail to get beat on the road against possibly the greatest QB of all time, you can be a pompous ass and think that, but you are wrong.

Tebow had a great season for a kid who will never be successful in the NFL. He has already rendered that sentiment null and void.

Game over...I'm right and you know it. atickhum.gif

No need to respond. Just accept your defeat.

sorry tick, but facepalm.gif

Yes, he had a successful season, but he is not a mechanically sound QB. Did you watch any pregame this weekend? Warren Sapp, Terry Bradshaw, Kurt Warner, Steve Marricci, etc etc all basically said:

He is a great person.

He is a a great leader

He is a terrible NFL QB

In the NFL you have to be able to pass, and Tebow - at this time - cannot. They all said to work on "getting better" (their words, not mine)

He isn't half the player Cam Newton is and unless he polishes his skills he'll be less than that over the years to come.

I'm not sure how anyone can really feel too optimistic about a guy who statistically sucks. Cam and Andy Dalton started in the league this year...NO training camp...all their rookie work cut short by the lock out and what did Cam do but set the rookie QB records ablaze. Dalton made the pro bowl. The Panthers won fewer games, but their defense is much worse than Denver's too. Like Tebow, Dalton also made the playoffs.

I'm much, much more impressed with those two than Tebow. You can have Tim. biggrin.gif

Tick refuses to admit he might be mistaken.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 16 2012, 02:22 PM)

Tebow largely sucks. Anyone who truly watches football can see this. He's firey and he has great intangibles, like leadership, guts, and all those other wonderful things. It's the fundamentals he sucks at. He just might need those things in his career. Just sayin'. He needs to improve. A lot. Otherwise he's nothing more than a weapon-type player, like Kordell Stewart.

Ick.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 16 2012, 03:24 PM)

Tebow largely sucks. Anyone who truly watches football can see this. He's firey and he has great intangibles, like leadership, guts, and all those other wonderful things. It's the fundamentals he sucks at. He just might need those things in his career. Just sayin'. He needs to improve. A lot.

He does seem to missing a few key abilities. I would give him a few years, but right now, he certainly is not a talent spewing NFL QB.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 16 2012, 02:27 PM)

Tebow largely sucks. Anyone who truly watches football can see this. He's firey and he has great intangibles, like leadership, guts, and all those other wonderful things. It's the fundamentals he sucks at. He just might need those things in his career. Just sayin'. He needs to improve. A lot.

He does seem to missing a few key abilities. I would give him a few years, but right now, he certainly is not a talent spewing NFL QB.

yes.gif

The fact all the NFL shows like NFL Countdown, Fox/CBS pregame, Total Access, Sportscenter, etc are all saying "Elway's got a tough decision to make in the offseason. Do you stick with Tebow or find a pure passer?" speaks volumes!

If he's so great, why would Elway even possibly have a decision to make?!?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Anything can happen and if he grows as a player, I'll be the first in line to say so. He simply cannot statistically remain near this level or he'll be gone from the league within 3 years.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 16 2012, 02:31 PM)

yes.gif

The fact all the NFL shows like NFL Countdown, Fox/CBS pregame, Total Access, Sportscenter, etc are all saying "Elway's got a tough decision to make in the offseason. Do you stick with Tebow or find a pure passer?" speaks volumes!

Exactly right. He's sooooo good that they might replace him. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 16 2012, 03:22 PM)

No, I just refuse to listen to the so called experts who say he sucks and can't be more than average. I don't have to. Who says they are right? I don't care what they think. Only Tebow will decide that and not anyone else. and I totally don't give a shit what mr. creative writer thinks. Who the f**k is he to make me give any credence to his opinions either? atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 02:37 PM)

No, I just refuse to listen to the so called experts who say he sucks and can't be more than average. I don't have to. Who says they are right? I don't care what they think. Only Tebow will decide that and not anyone else. and I totally don't give a shit what mr. creative writer thinks. Who the f**k is he to make me give any credence to his opinions either? atickhum.gif

You're either purposefully not reading what people post, or you are missing it.

Nobody said he cannot be good. Right now, he is not a good NFL passer. Stats prove it. Hell, my daughter sees it and she's 11! smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 16 2012, 03:31 PM)

yes.gif

Why? Because he is not a QB that is judged by the prototypical mold of an NFL QB. I love Elway and I understand his concerns, but this kid is special. If Denver dumps him he will succeed somewhere else. imo.

We're all just spouting opinion here. That much probably doesn't need to be clarified, genius.

I fall in line with those who thinks he's not all that. I agree with them. I agree with them having watched him play like shit for most of a game before either losing or pulling out a late game rally, for which I applaud him. I don't applaud him for when he sucks, which is often.

That's my opinion about the man. I don't give two shits what you think.

You like him. Awesome.

If I had to wager, I'll bet he spends at most one more year in Denver, gets floated to another team and then flunks out. That's what my gut says because I'm not as confident as his fanbase is obsessive....but I'll admit that if he improves on a lot of things that he could pan out because he does have the intangibles you can't teach. Unfortunately he also seems to possess very few of the skills you CAN teach.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 16 2012, 02:42 PM)

We're all just spouting opinion here. That much probably doesn't need to be clarified, genius.

I fall in line with those who thinks he's not all that. I agree with them. I agree with them having watched him play like shit for most of a game before either losing or pulling out a late game rally, for which I applaud him. I don't applaud him for when he sucks, which is often.

You like him. Awesome.

If I had to wager, I'll bet he spends at most one more year in Denver, gets floated to another team and then flunks out. That's what my gut says because I'm not as confident as his fanbase is obsessive....but I'll admit that if he improves on a lot of things that he could pan out because he does have the intangibles you can't teach. Unfortunately he also seems to possess very few of the skills you CAN teach.

So he needs to get busy learnin', or get busy dyin'

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 16 2012, 03:42 PM)

You like him. Awesome.

and I will bust your balls because I want to. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 16 2012, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 16 2012, 03:42 PM)

You like him. Awesome.

and I will bust your balls because I want to. atickhum.gif

I don't care. Tebow will still suck whether you do or don't.