Tim Tebow

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 28 2011, 01:43 PM)
I think I missed something, does anyone think that Tebow is the first one to genuflect or make some sort of religious themed celebration or act after scoring?

Someone please explain it to me.

And any protest that ties up traffic is an abomination smile.gif

He's not and that's truly the funny part. You'd think he was the first OPENLY Christian NFL player the way some carry on. biggrin.gif They're not exactly unicorns in pro football.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Dec 28 2011, 07:37 PM)
Maybe Sheblow was trying to copy this guy's pose but f*cked it up. confused13.gif tongue.gif

http://contented.com/contented/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/477px-Rodin_TheThinker.jpg

"Sheblow" Really?

That is truly weak, try again.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 28 2011, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 28 2011, 01:43 PM)
I think I missed something, does anyone think that Tebow is the first one to genuflect or make some sort of religious themed celebration or act after scoring?

Someone please explain it to me.

And any protest that ties up traffic is an abomination smile.gif

He's not and that's truly the funny part. You'd think he was the first OPENLY Christian NFL player the way some carry on. biggrin.gif They're not exactly unicorns in pro football.

If you've ever watched any Pro Football HOF induction ceremony, then you'll know that the vast majority of the inductees speak of God and their faith during their speeches. Sometimes it'll sound like a revival. Nothing wrong with that.

On a side note, I have renounced the Eagles and am now a Broncos fan biggrin.gif Over the last couple three years, the addition of Vick, the subtraction of Dawkins and the constant bloated presence of Andy "I've got to do a better job" Reid has completely turned me off that team to the point I no longer care. Go Tebow! trink38.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Dec 29 2011, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Dec 28 2011, 07:37 PM)
Maybe Sheblow was trying to copy this guy's pose but f*cked it up. confused13.gif tongue.gif

http://contented.com/contented/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/477px-Rodin_TheThinker.jpg

"Sheblow" Really?

That is truly weak, try again.

Ok, Heblow it is then. cheer.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 28 2011, 08:58 AM)
Even Tebow can laugh at it. Not sure why it's such a serious topic to some. And what hasn't been parodied in this world? SNL has been on TV since 1975 lampooning every topic (and every one) since.

It's comical. Removeth the stick from thy butt.

Doctor heal thyself.

Tebow is a rookie QB finding his way and doing better than most.

Admit it, your problem with Tebow is his overt Christianity and the fact that too many people for your taste relate to it.

Too f***ing bad. Deal with it.

And you better get used to it because it's been here for 2000 years and aint going anywhere.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 30 2011, 02:41 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 28 2011, 08:58 AM)
Even Tebow can laugh at it.  Not sure why it's such a serious topic to some.  And what hasn't been parodied in this world?  SNL has been on TV since 1975 lampooning every topic (and every one) since.

It's comical.  Removeth the stick from thy butt.

Doctor heal thyself.

Tebow is a rookie QB finding his way and doing better than most.

Admit it, your problem with Tebow is his overt Christianity and the fact that too many people for your taste relate to it.

Too f***ing bad. Deal with it.

And you better get used to it because it's been here for 2000 years and aint going anywhere.

If you read my posts in this thread, you'd see just how stupid you are for assuming this, either owning up to an inability to read or comprehend what you read, one. But then again, you prove exactly what I'm saying, so thank you.

6 of 22 for 60 yards and a 3-game losing streak; lucky enough to back into the playoffs because the other teams in their division suck as badly as they do.

Incredible quarterback.

But yeah, let's get back to his religion being the reason he's criticized. biggrin.gif

@RealSkipBayless

Skip Bayless

But do I believe Tebow can still be successful NFL starter? NO DOUBT! ALREADY PROVED THAT! Won 7 of 1st 8 this yr, swept AFC W on road.

Wonder what the over/under will be for Pit-Den next week?

How about NO-Det?

I'd guess about 33 for the first and 72 for the second and I might take the under and over respectively.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jan 1 2012, 08:08 PM)
I caught only the very end of the Denver game today.  But, goodness, that final drive he "orchestrated" was atrocious.

Can't do it every week. And when there are no miracle finishes, it just looks ugly. That's the flip-side to "amazing." This is where not having COMPLETE NFL-level QB skills has its price.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 1 2012, 07:12 PM)
Wonder what the over/under will be for Pit-Den next week?

How about NO-Det?   

I'd guess about 33 for the first and 72 for the second and I might take the under and over respectively.

New Orleans might get about 60 of those points on their own.

The Lions' offense has been incredible lately, especially the last two weeks, and I'm afraid they're due to sputter. (The Saints have been even better, but with their experience and superior balance, they seem more likely to maintain that sort of success.)

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 1 2012, 08:50 PM)
6 of 22 for 60 yards and a 3-game losing streak; lucky enough to back into the playoffs because the other teams in their division suck as badly as they do.

Incredible quarterback.

But yeah, let's get back to his religion being the reason he's criticized. biggrin.gif

Since when did you become such a jerk? This is necessary? I guess it is. I can't wait for your review on the new Van Halen album. eyesre4.gif

Seriously, Presto. The kid is a young QB who is developing. He may wind up playing another position in the NFL. Who knows? He has talent.

You started this f***ing thread to tear him down so guess what...You are one of the people making a big deal of of his religion.

He has struggled in his last few games and you love it because you get to come in and be condescending and revel in it. Enjoy!

Congrats to you!!!! trink39.gif

You know what, man, I'm talking about stats that indicate that he's NOT all that good. When you find something mean-spirited in that, then talk to me about it. Otherwise his overall performance speaks for itself. If that kind of opinion about his play makes me a dick in your mind, I can't help that. It sounds like you're the one who's sore and can't take FAIR criticism about a player you admire. But I just don't buy into this guy based on a few comebacks and his character when he largely stinks up the joint most times. Why should I be apologetic about that? A better question, why would anyone who enjoys the game of football and how it's played apologize for that?

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, get off my ass about not liking the guy for all the right reasons.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 2 2012, 12:02 PM)
You know what, man, I'm talking about stats that indicate that he's NOT all that good. When you find something mean-spirited in that, then talk to me about it. Otherwise his overall performance speaks for itself. If that kind of opinion about his play makes me a dick in your mind, I can't help that. It sounds like you're the one who's sore and can't take FAIR criticism about a player you admire. But I just don't buy into this guy based on a few comebacks and his character when he largely stinks up the joint most times. Why should I be apologetic about that? A better question, why would anyone who enjoys the game of football and how it's played apologize for that?

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, get off my ass about not liking the guy for all the right reasons.

He may never have another good game in the NFL as a QB. I have no idea. What he did this year was a feel good story. He resurrected a season that was lost and got his team to the playoffs. It wasn't pretty and he was lucky but he did what he did.

His religion should have had nothing to do with it! Who cares if he wears his faith on his sleeve?

The post I previously quoted from you was condescending so I will as always respond as I will.

I was pretty nice to you overall. Other members would have gotten a much more mean spirited post. Won't mention any names.

but whatever, its all just in the heat of the battle. Don't take anything I say too personal, I do think you are a good guy.

RealSkipBayless

Skip Bayless

Cam went 6-10, had couple bad games, sorry 2nd half yesterday. But so what? Deserves young-QB break. So does Tebow. But won't get one.

Uh, Skip, you're not helping.

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 2 2012, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 2 2012, 12:02 PM)
You know what, man, I'm talking about stats that indicate that he's NOT all that good.  When you find something mean-spirited in that, then talk to me about it.  Otherwise his overall performance speaks for itself.  If that kind of opinion about his play makes me a dick in your mind, I can't help that.  It sounds like you're the one who's sore and can't take FAIR criticism about a player you admire. But I just don't buy into this guy based on a few comebacks and his character when he largely stinks up the joint most times.  Why should I be apologetic about that?  A better question, why would anyone who enjoys the game of football and how it's played apologize for that?

He may never have another good game in the NFL as a QB. I have no idea. What he did this year was a feel good story. He resurrected a season that was lost and got his team to the playoffs. It wasn't pretty and he was lucky but he did what he did.

His religion should have had nothing to do with it! Who cares if he wears his faith on his sleeve?

The post I previously quoted from you was condescending so I will as always respond as I will.

I was pretty nice to you overall. Other members would have gotten a much more mean spirited post. Won't mention any names.

but whatever, its all just in the heat of the battle. Don't take anything I say too personal, I do think you are a good guy.

Yeah Tick, but you called him a winner and he isn't winning. Hasn't been for nearly a month. He was an interesting QB for a few weeks but he doesn't have the skills to play at this level.

His religion doesn't have anything to do with it. God doesn't care about football. He just isn't that good.

HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

TAKE THAT ONE HATERS!!!!! pokey.gif pokey.gif pokey.gif pokey.gif pokey.gif