'The Avengers' assemble in a brand-new trailer!

Jack Aubrey

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! 'The Avengers'!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Looks great! I'm sure there will plenty of well deserved hype too. smile.gif

HP Article

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 11 2011, 05:28 PM)
I was looking forward to this. After this trailer, I can officially say I'm not. Michael Bay, please get out of the director's chair.

Michael Bay? Do you actually think Michael Bay is directing it or do you think it's going to be Michael Bay-ish? It's a teaser trailer for a comic book action movie, what do you expect?

The difference between that trailer and a Bay trailer is that you can actually understand the action that's taking place. That, plus there are people acting in it - actually showing emotion and character. You don't get that in a Bay flick, just giant robots that look like they just throw boxes of silverware up in the air and film it.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 11 2011, 05:59 PM)
The difference between that trailer and a Bay trailer is that you can actually understand the action that's taking place. That, plus there are people acting in it - actually showing emotion and character. You don't get that in a Bay flick, just giant robots that look like they just throw boxes of silverware up in the air and film it.

At least Mr. Bay has a sense of humor about

! Awesome!

3/4 of that trailer was explosions, 1/8 was title screens and 1/8 was acting. Previews are meant to give you a taste of what the movie is like. The same ratios were used in the new Transformers movie.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 11 2011, 06:06 PM)

3/4 of that trailer was explosions, 1/8 was title screens and 1/8 was acting. Previews are meant to give you a taste of what the movie is like. The same ratios were used in the new Transformers movie.

I want to see the study that backs this up! 1287.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 11 2011, 04:06 PM)

Mmmm... I think it was closer to 5/8ths explosions, 1/8th title screens and 1/4th acting. But I could be wrong wink.gif

There's a world of difference between Whedon and Bay, trailer notwithstanding. One is known more for his writing than his spectacles, one is known more for his explosions and SFX than his plot and characterization.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 11 2011, 06:17 PM)

Mmmm... I think it was closer to 5/8ths explosions, 1/8th title screens and 1/4th acting. But I could be wrong wink.gif

There's a world of difference between Whedon and Bay, trailer notwithstanding. One is known more for his writing than his spectacles, one is known more for his explosions and SFX than his plot and characterization.

My wife will be pissed if Thor has his shirt on the whole time - doh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 11 2011, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 11 2011, 06:06 PM)

I want to see the study that backs this up! 1287.gif

Go watch transformers 3 and see for yourself.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 11 2011, 07:17 PM)

Joss Whedon is directing the movie?! As in...Firefly's Joss Whedon?! I'm sold on the movie. Must see. I take back my earlier comment.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 11 2011, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 11 2011, 07:17 PM)

Joss Whedon is directing the movie?! As in...Firefly's Joss Whedon?! I'm sold on the movie. Must see. I take back my earlier comment.

I win! LOL 653.gif

Seriously though... yeah, Joss Whedon is directing and has, reportedly, been pretty involved with the script and dialog as well. There was some initial hesitation in some quarters of geekdom because Avengers fans don't necessarily want Black Widow talking like Buffy, but as the production has gone on, I think a lot of the worry has gone out of it.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 12 2011, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 11 2011, 10:33 PM)
I've been waiting for this movie since Korvac blasted the shit out of the lot of them back in '77  trink38.gif

Stellar reference biggrin.gif goodpost.gif

Thanks...although you're probably the ONLY person that knows what it means! tongue.gif trink38.gif