R.I.P. Mom.

D3strukt

Thanks everyone! It means a lot.

Today is a new day. One without mom, but it's okay. She's playin' poker with gramps.

Anyway, I managed to stay here, but it was very hard, because I kept seeing this one picture of her cradling my son (who turns 1 year old in 30 days.)

It hurts more for him, than myself. I was as prepared as I was going to get. (The "fish out of water" thing scared me to hell though.)

He'll never know how great of a woman she is, and no matter how much we talk about her to him as he grows, it's just not the same.

Cancer, f**k you.

I've surrounded myself with the ones I love, and I find that easier than going home. That said, I think when I go home I might take her blanket with me, and hang it on my couch.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.

I know exactly how you feel.I felt the same way,

when my dad died..Walking away,knowing it's the last

time you'll see them alive,is the toughest thing

anyone can ever do.I remember walking down the hall

of the military hospital,just feeling numb,shocked,saddened,

overwelmed, and completely without any energy,like the

life was just taken out of me...and I still feel alittle bit

of that..and it's been 20 yrs next week. It will get better,

but it just takes time...

Again, sorry for your loss.

sad.gif

rose.gif

I am sorry for you and your family's loss.

You do what feels right for you, there is no right or wrong thing to do at a time like this. Everyone grieves and heals differently, whichever gives you the greatest relief for today is the right thing for you to do.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 30 2011, 10:00 PM)
Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon

rose.gif sad.gif rose.gif

Yeah, this song strikes a note with me now. I listened to it today. No truer words have been spoken.

Today has been okay. Then I read my son's (we have a FB for him, and my ex typed a message from him to my mom.) departing message to my mom.

I will share it here.

Grandmaw, I wuv you lots and lots. You gave me all kinds of love and all kinds of kisses. You brought me diapees and wipees and clothes and toys. You helped my mommy and daddy so much and I know you wuved me. I walked today and I know you were watching me and will be watching me for the rest of my life. Mommy and Daddy promised that they would always make sure I remember you, so I know I will. I wuv you and I miss you.

Sweet Justin

I feel horrible for him, because I know he's going to crawl around my parents place, looking for his grandma.

And that will be hard as hell.

Once again, thanks everyone. It's pretty great to have a support system, be it online friends, family and whatnot.

It's great.

D3, I feel your pain.. It was 10 years ago day after tomorrow I lost my mom, this week is a hard time, damn cancer got her too and it is by far the hardest thing I have ever been thru.. I was a mess for a few years, was hard to do things. She lived here with us, next door, I did not touch a thing over there till almost June. It was the same for me and Suddenly, you were gone....

Here is a little thing I got at that time I'd like to share now:

It's Ok to grieve.... and wonder why. It's Ok to need to be alone, to feel your loss in your own way.

It's Ok to be confused, to doubt, to wonder if, you'll ever feel the same again.

And it's Ok to take all the time you need, until you're over your sadness...

Until bright memories come to take away your tears....

Be Well.. Take your time. rose.gif

edit.. Oh MY!!! Has been 11 years not 10..

Edited by TullSkull