Have to Say Royster Killed it

druid13

Just wait until D. Chambers school's them all 1022.gif Thursday, i think

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 23 2011, 10:59 PM)
Sure, but should this be in this section?

Yes if you are an entitled attention whore who thinks their thread should get the maximum exposure it deserves in the main Rush Forum.

Otherwise no... wink.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 23 2011, 06:04 PM)

Yes if you are an entitled attention whore who thinks their thread should get the maximum exposure it deserves in the main Rush Forum.

Otherwise no... wink.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 23 2011, 05:04 PM)

Otherwise no... wink.gif

You're getting lazy, Tony. You're down to paraphrasing what you've already said. tongue.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 23 2011, 04:59 PM)

I'll help out to make it more Rush-Centric.

Royster nailed it as did everyone else on the first drum solo week except for Neil.

Neil totally sucked and for a bunch of reasons.

Instead of taking some time to craft something for the four minutes allotted, he scaled down his eight minute solo and it seemed rushed and disjointed. He showed up with his huge kit that looked ridiculous on the Letterman stage and had to show off his revolving riser trick and waste time with those silly electronic drums.

What Neil also did, which was totally lame, was that he totally ignored the band and gave up the opportunity to play with a bunch of really great musicians. Even if he wanted to end with "Love for Sale" he could have had the band play live with him instead of his pre-recording. I'm sure they would have had no problem pulling it off or keeping up with him.

This weeks roster, with Harrison and Copeland, is levels above week 1 and they will all put Neil to shame. These guys are musicians who will tailor an appropriate segment for the show and acknowledge the great musicians in Paul's band. Not show up with their huge kits and toys and silly matching t-shirts and hats.

Ther. Now it belongs in this section.

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Aug 23 2011, 08:15 PM)

Royster nailed it as did everyone else on the first drum solo week except for Neil.

Instead of taking some time to craft something for the four minutes allotted, he scaled down his eight minute solo and it seemed rushed and disjointed. He showed up with his huge kit that looked ridiculous on the Letterman stage and had to show off his revolving riser trick and waste time with those silly electronic drums.

What Neil also did, which was totally lame, was that he totally ignored the band and gave up the opportunity to play with a bunch of really great musicians. Even if he wanted to end with "Love for Sale" he could have had the band play live with him instead of his pre-recording. I'm sure they would have had no problem pulling it off or keeping up with him.

This weeks roster, with Harrison and Copeland, is levels above week 1 and they will all put Neil to shame. These guys are musicians who will tailor an appropriate segment for the show and acknowledge the great musicians in Paul's band. Not show up with their huge kits and toys and silly matching t-shirts and hats.

laugh.gif

Edit: And yes, Royster understood the point of his appearance much better than our beloved Neil. Nailed it, as you said. Note Dave's reaction...

Edited by goose

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Aug 24 2011, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 23 2011, 09:41 PM)
And we just saw Gavin Harrison continue the drum solo brilliance tonight.  yes.gif

Sh*t I missed it.. anybody got a link?

YouTube and Drummerworld will have it tomorrow. Someone will post a link in the PT thread.

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Aug 23 2011, 08:15 PM)

Ouch well that was harsh ...but tough to disagree. I think Neil should think about using a DW rack system as well.....he could easily supoprt all his gear without looking like he is playing wihtin a group of swaying palm trees in Hurricane Katrina.....just a thought...the gear is out there...use it. I have two DW rack systems and a 1/2 rack system....none of my gear moves around like that.

I agree that Neil Peart should have played with the house band. Short of that, all the drum solos sounded like drum solos.

All of them, including Neil Peart, are impressive players. Was Neil Peart put to shame? I don't think so. Other than staying in his "comfort zone", Neil Peart showed he's one of the best drummers in the world. Who's the best? No one.

Is Neil Peart passed his prime? Probably. But he will always be a significant "step" in the progression and evolution of rock drumming. He's one of the best ever.

All this Neil Peart bashing is tiresome.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 25 2011, 11:44 AM)
I agree that Neil Peart should have played with the house band. Short of that, all the drum solos sounded like drum solos.

All of them, including Neil Peart, are impressive players. Was Neil Peart put to shame? I don't think so. Other than staying in his "comfort zone", Neil Peart showed he's one of the best drummers in the world. Who's the best? No one.

Is Neil Peart passed his prime? Probably. But he will always be a significant "step" in the progression and evolution of rock drumming. He's one of the best ever.

All this Neil Peart bashing is tiresome.

goodpost.gif First post that's not a bash or total ignorance. smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:36 PM)
All the drum solos entertain me cause I like drums and I like drums solos. Copeland's was awesome cause it was a song with about a one minute drum solo in it, the song juts had insane drums. And hes a great drummer.

Its all good IMO.

Solos are best when short and energetic. Stew gets this.

And yes, the playing had energy all the way through. Typical Copeland...which is why I love his playing.