Metallica & Lou Reed

Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Oct 17 2011, 12:33 PM)
I think if you Google "five guys, one cup", you should get a link to download this album.

Actually...

http://gluttonwithacamera.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_8783.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Oct 17 2011, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 17 2011, 11:01 AM)
This crap makes St. Anger sound like Physical Graffiti

I wouldn't go that far.

I guess you have not heard it yet ?

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Oct 17 2011, 06:56 PM)
http://img.ultimate-guitar.com/_img/news/entertainment/HetfieldTable.jpg

why do i look at the table and wanna say "ass goes here"?

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Oct 17 2011, 05:56 PM)
http://img.ultimate-guitar.com/_img/news/entertainment/HetfieldTable.jpg

HAhahaha...genius!!!

He also says "I am the tablet"...how about doing something about it?

The fact that they could write something this bad in terms of the extremely pathetic 'doom' riff, the forgettable solo and lame drumming makes me worry about the next actual Metallica album. But at least that one won't feature Lou Reed (hopefully).

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Oct 16 2011, 04:50 PM)
At least we won't consider St. Anger to be their worst album.

It's really not Metallica catalogue canon I don't suspect. I wouldn't file Chickenfoot under Joe Satriani either for much the same reason.

I wouldn't use this as a measuring stick for the next Metallica record. This was a one-off and I'm guessing they slammed some tunes together. This was a pretty QUICK project by Metallica's standards...and I quite enjoyed Death Magnetic as a return to form. So I wouldn't worry for the next album based on this. I'd be more concerned if I hated Death Magnetic.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 18 2011, 02:41 PM)

It's really not Metallica catalogue canon I don't suspect. I wouldn't file Chickenfoot under Joe Satriani either for much the same reason.

I wouldn't use this as a measuring stick for the next Metallica record. This was a one-off and I'm guessing they slammed some tunes together. This was a pretty QUICK project by Metallica's standards...and I quite enjoyed Death Magnetic as a return to form. So I wouldn't worry for the next album based on this. I'd be more concerned if I hated Death Magnetic.

goodpost.gif

listening to the album now......wow, my question is what kind of public is going to like this? Metallica fans will hate it....and I seriously doubt any Lou Reed fans are going to like this..

I am BLOWN away by how shitty this is. seriously...

Edited by WCFIELDS

goodpost.gif

a pretty quick project is right......it's basically Lou Reed mumbling over a few mediocre guitar riffs.....

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Oct 19 2011, 09:52 PM)

goodpost.gif

a pretty quick project is right......it's basically Lou Reed mumbling over a few mediocre guitar riffs.....

They probably figured Reed wouldn't know a good metal riff from a bad one and Reed probably counted on them not knowing a good vocal performance from a bad one. Really this should've just remained an "idea." Not every idea needs to be realized and they should've realized this about an hour into noodling around together.

This might be the worst album to be released in the last 100 years . Almost as if they wanted it to sound offensive

...like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where we... oh yeah...