FC in a day. CA is probably done

quantex

QUOTE (quantex @ Jul 25 2011, 10:35 AM)
So, if they can do Far Cry in a day, do you think that the new album is done?

You have to admit, this is kinda dumb waiting for new stuff. Why do you think they are holding out on new material?

Q

MARKETING

(wow! a two-post thread... not bad) smile.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 25 2011, 12:01 PM)
So, if they can do Far Cry in a day, do you think that the new album is done? 

You have to admit, this is kinda dumb waiting for new stuff.  Why do you think they are holding out on new material?

Q

MARKETING

(wow! a two-post thread... not bad) smile.gif

What two post thread?

wink.gif

Why do you think they are holding out on new material?

'Cause they're not quite done, and are on vacation for almost two months tongue.gif

That's the nice thing about being at the same job 40 years...you get 8 weeks' vacation trink38.gif poker2.gif hotdog.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 25 2011, 05:50 PM)
Why do you think they are holding out on new material?

'Cause they're not quite done, and are on vacation for almost two months tongue.gif

That's the nice thing about being at the same job 40 years...you get 8 weeks' vacation trink38.gif poker2.gif hotdog.gif cosmo.gif

8 weeks' vacation ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

tongue.gif

signs015.gif

I can wait for this new release... For a few of more months.. comp26.gif facepalm.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 25 2011, 06:40 PM)
big tour --> break --> studio --> release

seeya in springtime smile.gif

yes.gif

Let 'em take a couple of months off. They deserve it.

Not too long of a break I hope. They were really on fire with their playing at the end of the tour. Would hate for them to not catch that on this album. I know CA will be awesome but they have a chance for that next level album that would put the exclaimation point on their career!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 27 2011, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 26 2011, 11:20 AM)
Maybe the reason it's taking so long is that Alex and Geddy are arguing about how many layers of guitars to have on the final release.

Better that than arguing about keyboard layers! th1245.gif

Quite true

We never seem to have a drums & percussion layering issue though. sad.gif

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Jul 26 2011, 11:01 AM)
Not too long of a break I hope. They were really on fire with their playing at the end of the tour. Would hate for them to not catch that on this album. I know CA will be awesome but they have a chance for that next level album that would put the exclaimation point on their career!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Exactly.

And the whole idea of touring came from wanting to go back into the studio fresh after a tour when they were playing at a high level...

It seems that whole plan has gone out the window. Now they are taking time off and going back to the studio cold..

Funny, how they did a complete 180 and forgot why they wanted to tour during the making of an album in the first place!

Do we know for sure they are taking a break right now? I mean, for all we know they headed straight into the studio and are currently ensconsed in serious downright recording. Then they take a break between the mastering and the tour. I have a feeling the album will come out just prior to the tour starting.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 26 2011, 11:20 AM)
Maybe the reason it's taking so long is that Alex and Geddy are arguing about how many layers of guitars to have on the final release.

...or how many layers of Geddys.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 25 2011, 08:40 PM)
big tour --> break --> studio --> release

seeya in springtime smile.gif

Yeah that was my guess, maybe april or may in time for a summer tour. They said I think some time during this past tour they were only about half done, so they have a lot of work left, and they are no doubt going to take a break as they always do.

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:14 AM)
Do we know for sure they are taking a break right now? I mean, for all we know they headed straight into the studio and are currently ensconsed in serious downright recording. Then they take a break between the mastering and the tour. I have a feeling the album will come out just prior to the tour starting.

How could they possibly go right into the studio right now? Alex or Ged said recently only 6 songs were written, unless they want to slap the rest together in a studio, and I hate when bands do that.

Rush seems to get their best work done when Geddy and Alex write alone. I would imagine it would take them a while to write 6 or 7 more songs. Then there's still a lot of work that needs to be done after that obviously.

I really dont see them not taking a break after a tour. They ALWAYS do.

How could they possibly go right into the studio right now? Alex or Ged said recently only 6 songs were written, unless they want to slap the rest together in a studio, and I hate when bands do that.

Rush seems to get their best work done when Geddy and Alex write alone. I would imagine it would take them a while to write 6 or 7 more songs. Then there's still a lot of work that needs to be done after that obviously.

Agreed. Just sayin its possible. And who's to say they aren't going really old school and writing while on the road. They seem really open to trying different things in their approach to this album (releasing new material way in advance of the actual release of the album, etc). Maybe Ged and Al are writing alone, just on the road. I am sure they have no trouble finding a quiet place to sit and write. smile.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jul 28 2011, 09:04 PM)

Agreed. Just sayin its possible. And who's to say they aren't going really old school and writing while on the road. They seem really open to trying different things in their approach to this album (releasing new material way in advance of the actual release of the album, etc). Maybe Ged and Al are writing alone, just on the road. I am sure they have no trouble finding a quiet place to sit and write. smile.gif

Why would you think it'd be easy?

Besides, in the past, they wrote on the road out of necessity more than anything else. There's no actual need for them to do that anymore.

It's hard to imagine these days either Lee or Lifeson approaching the other in the middle of a tour before or after a gig and saying, "Hey, let's write some songs." I imagine they'd want to stay loose by relaxing...and from past interviews they've always said that the writing stage is very concentrated.

Besides, in the past, they wrote on the road out of necessity more than anything else. There's no actual need for them to do that anymore.
It's hard to imagine these days either Lee or Lifeson approaching the other in the middle of a tour before or after a gig and saying, "Hey, let's write some songs." I imagine they'd want to stay loose by relaxing...and from past interviews they've always said that the writing stage is very concentrated.

True. Eh... maybe its just all wishful thinking on my part. smile.gif I just want the album!! 653.gif

Neil said he wants to be the highest point of his lyrical and musical career. I don't think you can put 13 of those kind of songs out in 13 days.