• Frank Zappa (any band)
    • Elvis Presley
    • Buddy Holly
    • Rick Nelson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see The Beatles. Apart from The Nice, of whom I'm not familar with, given half the chance, I wish I could see everyone else on the list.

I was leaning towards Zeppelin, but I've heard that Jimmy Page was really sloppy live...that said, I think I'd go with The Who. Seeing Townsend jumping all over the stage and watching Keith Moon going crazy on the skins would make that the show that I would want to see.

I am surprised about The Beatles. They never were much of a live act. The fact that they quit touring adds to this.

I voted for Led Zeppelin. The Who were a close 2nd. Pink Floyd with Dave and Rick would be 2nd, The Nice would be 4th, very closely followed by The Jimi Hendrix Experience and Pink Floyd with Syd. Saw Zappa once. I would maybe go see Elvis or the others if it was a free ticket. rofl3.gif

Edited by Earthshine

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 22 2011, 10:05 AM)
I am surprised about The Beatles. They never were much of a live act. The fact that they quit touring adds to this.

Not true. The pre-record contract Beatles were a very energetic live band. They had an energy Lennon regrets never capturing on their albums. They were a very tight band live - listen to the rooftop recordings. And after seeing McCartney this summer, I have no doubt The Beatles live would kick ass.

The Mighty Led Zep.

I saw floyd on the Momentary Lapse tour, sure it wasn't old floyd but it was still good. I thought about The Beatles, but just so I could say I've seen them. ( I saw The Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan for this reason, to see rock icons and was very disappointed, so I wouldn't do that again) I like a lot of their stuff but then some doesn't do it for me.

The Who would have been awesome and they're my second choice, but I enjoy more of Zep's catalog than The Who's, that's how I decided.

The Beatles for me, but barley over Hendrix and considering The Beatles are my all time favorite band that tells you how much I like what I've seen of Hendrix as a live performer. I saw Led Zep in '77 in Seattle and Page had a very average night which was the problem with seeing them live. Saw Floyd in '87 and '94 (twice) without Rog but still very, very good so no need to repeat them in this type of situation. The Who.......never a huge fan though I respect them of course. A YOUNG Elvis would be my third choice, Buddy Holly number four.

Excellent poll.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 22 2011, 09:54 AM)
Pink Floyd (David Gilmour).

Zeppelin a close second.

trink39.gif Mine as well. I've not been impressed with much of what I've seen/heard live from Zeppelin, but they are Led Zeppelin afterall, for that reason, they would be 2nd on my list.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 22 2011, 08:48 AM)
The Beatles

SHOCKING!!! I never would've guessed! laugh.gif

Even though I'm a die hard BEATLE, HENDRIX , and THE WHO

Fanatic, I'd have to go see ZEP do " stairway to heaven"

" Dazed and Confused" and "The Immigrant Song"

one last time....

Honorable mention: Eddie Cochran--The dude was the

" REAL-DEAL" guitar-wise.He was the original GUITAR GOD

of the mid-late 50's. yes.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I still can't believe I'm the only one that has voted for The Who! I mean...come on...they blew shit up after their shows! You don't get much more for your entertainment dollar than that folks! laugh.gif

The Beatles.

Not necessarily because I'm crazy about them (which I'm not) but just because it would be great to see the legends before they were legends... They helped give birth to modern music, and whatever my feelings about them personally, it would be such an honour to see them perform live.