Rush Tour Over In Three Days!

presto123

I would hope by October they are back in the studio to finish what should be a great record. We have been waiting so long I almost feel like celebrating that this tour is over finally. LOL I feel like Jerry Stiller.......c'mon boys.......breaks over.....lets get that record out:)

I've been wondering the same thing myself.

I guess they'll take about 3 months off and get back together about the beginning of October. Album should be finished by the end of the year. Add in a few months of post-production engineering, mixing, and a bunch of other stuff I don't understand, it should be in my hands in late March. Then we can postulate if they're ready to get on the road after the extensive (relative to today's Rush standards) tour that they are just finishing.

I wonder what Nick R is up to because that could have some huge impact on things.

I hope Itty12 is right. yes.gif

QUOTE (Itty12 @ Jun 29 2011, 08:59 PM)
Geddy did mention at the Vegas show just before BU2B that the new record should be out around Christmas time smile.gif

That would be the greatest Christmas present ever.

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/a/happytearsplz.gif

Time Machine DVD 27th September (as rumour has it)

Clockwork Angels CD before Christmas

Clockwork Angels Tour beginning in March 2012 including Europe

My schedule for the boys. biggrin.gif

I'm very glad the touring's finally over. Hopefully they'll immediately go into the studio (wasn't that the plan all along?) for a month solid while they're razor sharp and in performance shape and get some recording done. Then they can take a short break if they'd like.

I thought Geddy meant that the Live CD / DVD would be out by Christmas, but if Clockwork Angels is ready by then... hey mon, count me excited. I didn't think we would see it before next year.

Dont they only have 6 songs done? So if they finish the tour, take a break for 2 or 3 months, how can they possibly finish writing AND record in just a month or 2, and everything else thats comes with recording an album, mixing, artwork, website, etc......

I dont believe that for a 1 second. Im expecting next spring for the album, like in May, maybe even summer. Besides, if this is their last album Id want them to take as long as they need. I dont want them banging out some lame songs like S&A just to get something out there. Hell, take all of 2012 if they need to, as long as it ends up TRULY great, thats just fine by me. I'm a very patient man when it comes to quality.

If Geddy is saying it's gonna be out by Christmas, then I have a feeling they have been far busier behind the scenes than we think. I mean, it's been about 1 year this month since Caravan and BU2B were released, they have had a lot of time to work on it even if it were small bits at a time, it adds up. Sorry, I'm just optimistic about this. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:36 AM)
If Geddy is saying it's gonna be out by Christmas, then I have a feeling they have been far busier behind the scenes than we think. I mean, it's been about 1 year this month since Caravan and BU2B were released, they have had a lot of time to work on it even if it were small bits at a time, it adds up. Sorry, I'm just optimistic about this. biggrin.gif

I'm going with this (optimism too!!).

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 30 2011, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:36 AM)
If Geddy is saying it's gonna be out by Christmas, then I have a feeling they have been far busier behind the scenes than we think. I mean, it's been about 1 year this month since Caravan and BU2B were released, they have had a lot of time to work on it even if it were small bits at a time, it adds up. Sorry, I'm just optimistic about this.  biggrin.gif

I'm going with this (optimism too!!).

Yep, me too!! bekloppt.gif

I heard repeatedly from the guys that they planned to enter the studio in September and go from there. I also read that they have anywhere from 6 to 7 songs written, which the latter being the latest I have read. With that in mind, I could honedtly see them get that album out this year. It's possible. I'm being optimistic in this case.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 30 2011, 08:22 PM)
I heard repeatedly from the guys that they planned to enter the studio in September and go from there. I also read that they have anywhere from 6 to 7 songs written, which the latter being the latest I have read. With that in mind, I could honedtly see them get that album out this year. It's possible. I'm being optimistic in this case.

You heard repeatedly where?

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jun 30 2011, 01:40 AM)
I'm very glad the touring's finally over. Hopefully they'll immediately go into the studio (wasn't that the plan all along?) for a month solid while they're razor sharp and in performance shape and get some recording done. Then they can take a short break if they'd like.

Hell, if it was me touring, I would do exactly that! It would make sense for the boys to do that. If that would be the case, then we will probably look at a Holiday 2011 release indeed.

I'm over-optimistic for the DVD release this year and I'm still optimistic to celebrate x-mas and the new year with 'Clockwork Angels'!!!

Rise Rush Rise!!!

Let's not forget that the boys CONTINUOUSLY have said that the whole point of putting out a couple songs, then touring, was to go into the studio fresh and on top of their game, playing wise....the whole point of all this touring was to have a different perspective in the studio.

Taking 3-4 months off would completely defeat the purpose of what their original plan was. Granted, they "could" be exhausted and may change plans, but that would be kinda lame LOL

I would love for it to be out before Xmas.... but I would not bank on it....

While I am a little impatient for the album right now, I would still would rather have a good quality album that the boys took their time on instead of one where quality is sacrificed in the name of a deadline.