Clockwork Angels cover

Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jun 24 2011, 11:16 PM)
I really don't think that this is the "real" cover. Bands often release singles with different covers from their albums, and this one has been around for quite a while. I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out a new one for the album proper.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 09:34 PM)
Wikipedia is irrelevant. That's the cover the band released. That's not some photoshopped pic by a fan.

This, on the other hand... 062802puke_prv.gif

Re. that hyperlinked picture:

I think it's an interesting idea but way too busy.

Not to mention the awkward splatters that look rather like blood.

Eeeugh.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 25 2011, 12:48 AM)
I really don't think that this is the "real" cover.  Bands often release singles with different covers from their albums, and this one has been around for quite a while.  I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out a new one for the album proper.

Wikipedia is irrelevant. That's the cover the band released. That's not some photoshopped pic by a fan.

Re. that hyperlinked picture:

I think it's an interesting idea but way too busy.

Not to mention the awkward splatters that look rather like blood.

Eeeugh.

Nonsense! It looks like something Gerald Scarfe would make if he didn't have such a shaky hand. laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2011, 02:36 PM)
As long as the music is good, does it matter what the cover looks like?

It matters a lot!

An album cover is 25% of the whole deal!

I'll be really disapointed if the cover of the album is just Caravan's cover with another name.

But I trust Hugh Syme to do some good stuff.

I really don't think that this is the "real" cover. Bands often release singles with different covers from their albums, and this one has been around for quite a while. I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out a new one for the album proper.

Holy cow, that is what the cover will look like if Rush starts doing death metal. Good job, though.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 24 2011, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 24 2011, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 24 2011, 08:43 AM)
Why would they release a cover with the album title on it, for it to not end up being the cover? I'm pretty sure that's the cover.

Ive never seen a band in my life say "Hey here's the cover to our new album. Woops, nevermind this isn't it".

you do know how Wikipedia works, right?

Where on wikipedia does it say thats not the album cover? It shows the cover right there, and it says the name of the album on it.

asked and answered, I guess... eyesre4.gif

"Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit..."

could you post the official Rush.com link to it?

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jun 25 2011, 05:54 PM)
It would be cool if they had a picture of the band on the cover for once.

Um...

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Sorry...but I disagree completely. I don't care to see any album covers with the band on it. It seems way to 'easy' and unoriginal. It's tacky IMO.

To me, the album cover needs to bring the concepts and album name together. I want to see something really cool that incorporates the name 'Clockwork Angels', as well as the whole 'Steampunk' idea. I think if Hugh Syme is back at the helm, we will be seeing something really cool for the final product.

And to answer the OP, I DON'T believe for a second that this will be the final cover. It WILL be something different. Like someone said earlier, this album cover has actual lyrics from Caravan on it, which makes no sense for a final cover. Expect it to be something different than what we've seen thus far.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 26 2011, 08:13 AM)

Yeah that would be cool.

The only time I think it'd make any sense for RUSH to do that would be for a live album. Or I guess they could've gone that route for Feedback by showing pre-Rush photos of themselves. Otherwise, no. The album cover should match the theme.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 27 2011, 07:47 AM)

Yeah that would be cool.

The only time I think it'd make any sense for RUSH to do that would be for a live album. Or I guess they could've gone that route for Feedback by showing pre-Rush photos of themselves. Otherwise, no. The album cover should match the theme.

The photo of the band could still incorporate the theme. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 27 2011, 09:46 AM)

Yeah that would be cool.

Then we might get something as cool as the cover to ELP's Love Beach.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 27 2011, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 27 2011, 09:46 AM)

Yeah that would be cool.

Then we might get something as cool as the cover to ELP's Love Beach.

Good point. 062802puke_prv.gif

That's actually NOT that bad. Fix the lettering, and the angel whatever the f**k it is. Shit looks nice.

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 24 2011, 07:36 AM)
As long as the music is good, does it matter what the cover looks like?

Not one bit

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 27 2011, 08:46 AM)

Yeah that would be cool.

Never a good idea unless it's some brainless rock album or a bootleg. What are they going to show these guys dressed as angels hanging from the hands of a clock, or do some photoshop work pasting them into some surreal scene?

That's what washed up bands do when they dont have any money to pay a real established artist for original work. Thats what high school and garage bands do. There's a good reason why they've never been on any of their covers, it's silly.

Like others said the cover isnt very important obviously, but you also dont want anything that makes the band look bad. If this is their last album which obviously it could be, I dont think they want any part of it being bad, even the cover.

Edited by trenken