Rush In the Sun newpaper

sanzo

A friend from work texted me today to say Rush was in the newspaper on pg 41, the recent Musicrader.com poll that confirmed Rush as the greatest Live Act of all time! It sure made my day th1245.gif

In the Sun newspaper (uk)

""The band Rush has been named the greatest live act of all time by heavy rock musicians.

The Canadian trio, formed 40 years ago, triumphed ahead of second place British rockers Iron maiden.

Money spinning U2-who are headlining at next weeks Glastonbury festival-were tenth in the survey for musicians website Musicradar.com""

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the...y-462684#!1

I was so excited I couldn't wait to get home to get the paper to read this, I was was expecting a full page with pictures and all but I suppose A small paragraph will do ! lol

I am buying 2 Copies, one to keep and one to cut out to stick it up to all the assholes in work and in the pub that think Rush are rubbish just because THEY havent heard of them or because they arent in the charts. what tiny brains they have

This is the ammo I need to prove what iv been saying for the last 10 years- Rush are the greatest

Edited by sanzo

goodpost.gif

yes i saw this but you beat me to it,your quite right this is two fingers to all the arseholes who shrug there bony shoulders when you mention rush.

i also cut this out and intend to laminate it and carry it everywhere to shove down the throats of all the emo dickheads who think music was invented by men in mascara.

BEST LIVE BAND EVER...RESPECT IS NOW DUE!

They are Not a better live act than Iron Maiden .I am not talking about which music you think is better, just the whole Live presentation . Not even close. Don't believe me ? Try YouTube yes.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jun 18 2011, 04:43 PM)
For anyone unable to view the linked video, you can watch it here instead.

Me and my pop have been listening to this 2007 performance for years, nearly every time we go on a trip somewhere. How I don't own the DVD yet is beyond me.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2011, 05:32 PM)
They are Not a better live act than Iron Maiden .I am not talking about which music you think is better, just the whole Live presentation . Not even close. Don't believe me ? Try YouTube yes.gif

I have seen Maiden twice(though not in a while) and they are one of my favs but I enjoy Rush concerts more. I respect your opinion though metaldad:)

EXCELLENT post, Sanzo, and CONGRATULATIONS to Rush!!!!!!!!! yes.gif applaudit.gif cheer.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif trink39.gif The band TOTALLY deserves the praise and recognition!!!!!!!! yes.gif trink39.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2011, 05:32 PM)

I love Maiden but they'be made a whole career from that 2112 gallop they stole. wink.gif

p.m from cosy today,yes i know the "p" stands for personal but f**k him and his demented ramblings.

As you will see he has done NIL research here because if he had he would be aware that this vote and this result are not the work of "fanboys" but the carefully considered findings of fellow professional musicians and contemporaries.... b_sigh.gif

Is nothing to be proud of.

DEATH TO RUPERT MURDOCH AND HIS FASCIST REACTIONARY COHORTS IN RUSH.

The super soaraway SCUM is no place for Rush, and who the f**k has heard of musicradar?

So a few fanboi retards vote for Rush in a poll in which you have a limited choice of votes. I saw three bands/artists in May: Rush, Riverside and Joanne Shaw Taylor. Any one of those could have been the best live act I had seen, and if I had only seen Rush in Dublin then they would have been last - not that Rush are a true "live" act any more.

Hang-on-a-minute folk's. Although it's nice to hear your fave' band being bigged like this but the paper who carried the story is referred to as "gutter press" (rag) here in the U.K., or a comic even. Christ, they even have a picture of a topless slut-whore-bitch* every day on Page 3 f-f-s. smile.gif

(*not that there's anything wrong with t-s-w-b's) trink38.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Jun 19 2011, 02:18 PM)
p.m from cosy today,yes i know the "p" stands for personal but f**k him and his demented ramblings.
As you will see he has done NIL research here because if he had he would be aware that this vote and this result are not the work of "fanboys" but the carefully considered findings of fellow professional musicians and contemporaries.... b_sigh.gif

The super soaraway SCUM is no place for Rush, and who the f**k has heard of musicradar?

So a few fanboi retards vote for Rush in a poll in which you have a limited choice of votes. I saw three bands/artists in May: Rush, Riverside and Joanne Shaw Taylor. Any one of those could have been the best live act I had seen, and if I had only seen Rush in Dublin then they would have been last - not that Rush are a true "live" act any more.

you should just report this to admins. not a fan of posting pms on the general board, it never ends well imo.

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Jun 19 2011, 01:37 PM)
Hang-on-a-minute folk's. Although it's nice to hear your fave' band being bigged like this but the paper who carried the story is referred to as "gutter press" (rag) here in the U.K., or a comic even. Christ, they even have a picture of a topless slut-whore-bitch* every day on Page 3 f-f-s. smile.gif

(*not that there's anything wrong with t-s-w-b's) trink38.gif

the people reporting this are music radar,the sun are simply publishing.

p.s i read the sun every day along with millions of others,it is britains top selling newspaper and NO WORSE than the star or the mirror and in many peoples opinion much better yes.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 19 2011, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Jun 19 2011, 02:18 PM)

you should just report this to admins. not a fan of posting pms on the general board, it never ends well imo.

what ?we should worry about hurting cosies feelings?

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Jun 19 2011, 07:37 PM)
Christ, they even have a picture of a topless slut-whore-bitch* every day on Page 3 f-f-s. smile.gif

What? You mean there are other pages besides that one?!?http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/thinking/i-dunno.gif

Didn't know that