Neil's Weakest Album Lyrically

savagegrace26

Which album has the weakest lyrics?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which album has the weakest lyrics?

• Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 8 2011, 02:27 PM)
T4E

Same. Easily. Lyrically, "Driven" and "Time And Motion" aren't terrible, though.

I know S&A will get a lot of votes simply because of the subject matter, but I feel it's a thought-provoking and well-written album lyrically if you look past the religious aspect (that's IF that aspect bothers you).

As much as I hate S&A, it's actually fairly strong lyrically. Like 73 said, it makes you think. However, Test for Echo on the other hand seems overly simple for Rush lyrics on too many songs.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ May 8 2011, 01:45 PM)
I went with Roll the Bones because I like Test for Echo better.

But rtb has bravado, and dreamline. Bravado alone makes it a top contender, strong enough to disregard the weaker lyrics and then there is dreamline. And RtB is great too, as is GoaC, and the rest have some standout lines.

AFTK. I like the old stuff as much as anyone but most everything that came after this album was far superior lyrically.

S&A is one of the stronger albums lyrically.

I think FBN...but i don't know if that counts since it wasn't all Neil. Anthem is the greatest thing on this album, lyrically and musically wub.gif fly by night and bb&b are short and sweet. Rivendell is nice but WTF lyrically, as is by-tor. Making memories is egh for Neil.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 8 2011, 03:03 PM)
One vote for Vapor Trails so far. Gee, I can't imagine who that is.... tongue.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Come on goobs, at least give the lyrics credit. Their pretty amazing all throughout this album.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 8 2011, 01:51 PM)

But rtb has bravado, and dreamline. Bravado alone makes it a top contender, strong enough to disregard the weaker lyrics and then there is dreamline. And RtB is great too, as is GoaC, and the rest have some standout lines.

the lyrics to 'Bravado' are merely 'good', however (and 'Dreamline' and 'GOAC' are 'just ok' to 'good', lyrically)

and as good as they may be, they are eclipsed in whole by the unforgivable lyrical sins visited upon us by the likes of 'RTB', 'Neurotica', 'The Big Wheel', 'Face Up', 'You Bet Your Life' and 'Heresy'

even 'Test For Echo' has more to offer lyrically (and that album has DOG YEARS on it)

With Virtuality, Dog Years, and Half the World on it, how could it be anything but TFE?

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 8 2011, 03:46 PM)
With Virtuality, Dog Years, and Half the World on it, how could it be anything but TFE?

[see below] cool.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 8 2011, 03:29 PM)

the lyrics to 'Bravado' are merely 'good', however (and 'Dreamline' and 'GOAC' are 'just ok' to 'good', lyrically)

and as good as they may be, they are eclipsed in whole by the unforgivable lyrical sins visited upon us by the likes of 'RTB', 'Neurotica', 'The Big Wheel', 'Face Up', 'You Bet Your Life' and 'Heresy'

even 'Test For Echo' has more to offer lyrically (and that album has DOG YEARS on it)

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 8 2011, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 8 2011, 01:51 PM)

the lyrics to bravado are the greatest lyrics ever written, and I say that with a lot of confidence, and I've read the lyrics for tens of thousands of songs biggrin.gif

Yeah, has to be T4E. Just not up to snuff save for a few songs.

Based on the strength (or in this case weakness) of Superconductor Presto wins by a nose over Roll The Bones.

I have discounted the first three records. They are the ramblings of a highly intelligent, post-teen pot-head. He gets a pass for those.

Archived