Holy Crap! Beiber is 3x richer than Rush???

jacob's ladder

If this doesn't confirm the existence of the devil on planet earth, I don't know what will. Celebritynetworth.com lists Beiber as $65 million rich, while members of Rush are about $22 million. wtf.gif Rush has played heart & sould for 35 years, they are a hallmark of progressive rock, yet this douchebag Beiber is out for a couple years, he totally sucks, yet rakes in $65 million? AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just be grateful that Rush has been around for so long,,,,

Beiber seems ok,, i dont care for his music but he may do some good. Be grateful for both 2.gif and Beibers accomplishments,,

Thats why i dont post in the I hate thread,,,,

It brings negative feelings to you,,, thats my rant

I'm not surprised at all. So what if they've been working for 35 years? Does that automatically entitle them to the most money? I don't support Bieber at all, but the kid's made something of himself like it or not. And who really cares anyway? In the end (*rim shot*) it's all just dollars and cents.

Bieber is that rich because the only music that makes any real money these days is the music geared towards 12-year-old girls. It's why Rebecca Black, who simply can't sing and whose horrible song is universally hated on YouTube, is making money right now. It's why the Black Eyed Peas are winning Grammys.

I don't see the point in hating on pop stars. In two-three years they will fade away and be replaced with something else. It seems silly to spend energy hating on something so temporary. Honestly, I have not heard his hit song, but am familiar with it only through reputation. Many people have bitched about it. Again, I'm not sure why. In all reality I feel sorry for the young man, it's gotta be a rough life to live. Consider how much Neil hates the exposure he gets, and then multiply that by thousands of 12 year old girls. Gotta be discomforting to say the least.

Plus, it only makes sense that a pop star make so much as his image 1) is more merchandised, and 2) consumed more.

Either way, I don't think the guys in Rush are exactly 'roughing it'.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 27 2011, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 27 2011, 10:54 AM)
Relax.  He'll be bankrupt and in celebrity rehab by time he's 20.

You forgot bald. smile.gif

What's wrong with being bald? sad.gif

Who cares? In 15 years, Beiber will be yesterday's news, and Rush will still be played on FM radio stations from coast to coast.

That's the thing with pop music today. It generates large income in bursts. Once Bieber hits puberty, he won't be getting so much money. Odds are he'll go through the whole Madonna/Christina Aguilara/Britney Spears/Charlie Sheen route where he jumps the shark and loses credibility after one final shot at fame.

Afterwards, he will become mortal.

Then again, Rush isn't selling their name to the major companies and the record label isn't paying millions to ensure their songs get played on the radio 3 times per hour on radio stations.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 27 2011, 10:54 AM)
Hardly shocking....it's the American Idol world we live in.

I don't think i even want to hear what Lady Gaga is worth!

banghead.gif Lady Gaga=$110 Million USD

Katy Perry=$18 Million USD banghead.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 27 2011, 12:29 PM)
Bieber is that rich because the only music that makes any real money these days is the music geared towards 12-year-old girls. It's why Rebecca Black, who simply can't sing and whose horrible song is universally hated on YouTube, is making money right now. It's why the Black Eyed Peas are winning Grammys.

Precisly new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Apr 27 2011, 03:47 PM)
If this doesn't confirm the existence of the devil on planet earth, I don't know what will. Celebritynetworth.com lists Beiber as $65 million rich, while members of Rush are about $22 million. wtf.gif Rush has played heart & sould for 35 years, they are a hallmark of progressive rock, yet this douchebag Beiber is out for a couple years, he totally sucks, yet rakes in $65 million? AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Rush have sould out [sic] anyway.

Rush are HEAVY METAL not progressive rock.

Rush sold most of their albums in the past.

Rush spent all their money on prostitutes and drugs.

Simple.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 27 2011, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Apr 27 2011, 03:47 PM)
If this doesn't confirm the existence of the devil on planet earth, I don't know what will.  Celebritynetworth.com lists Beiber as $65 million rich, while members of Rush are about $22 million.  wtf.gif  Rush has played heart & sould for 35 years, they are a hallmark of progressive rock, yet this douchebag Beiber is out for a couple years, he totally sucks, yet rakes in $65 million?  AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Rush have sould out [sic] anyway.

Rush are HEAVY METAL not progressive rock.

Rush sold most of their albums in the past.

Rush spent all their money on prostitutes and drugs.

Simple.

You're full of SHIT!

Rush got all of their Drugs and Prostitutes for free! tongue.gif

Archived