Would you buy Blu-ray of video collection?

ioc

If Rush released a Blu-Ray containing every music video produced along with every concert (video) intro and segue made, would you buy it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. If Rush released a Blu-Ray containing every music video produced along with every concert (video) intro and segue made, would you buy it?

• Yes, absolutely!!
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but only if it was under 25 bucks.
    • Yes, but I would buy anything with a Rush sticker on it.
    • No.
    • Hell no!!
    • Don't they already have that?
    • Didn't we already do this?

As I was watching footage of concert intros on the youtubes, remembering good times, I thought to myself: "Man wouldn't it be cool to have all those in one place on Blu-Ray along with all the music videos produced so far. Sort of like video Greatest Hits." Then I thought, maybe I'm alone in this.

Then I thought...

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 15 2011, 02:10 PM)
Why just the intros, why not the ENTIRE concert?

I guess no reason. maybe just that then it'd be a concert video. Also maybe because then they'd have to release decades worth of concerts (assuming they tape them all) to include all the humorous and interesting intros. I figure since the "intros" footage is on tape somewhere in a resolution high enough for a jumbo-tron, it'd be no big deal to stick it on a disk...maybe situated before the music video of the song it preceded (if there was one).

Besides, the "intros" are just an added feature. Primarily, I'd like to have all the music videos in high def.

Anyway, this was just an exercise in thinking out loud and seeing what everyone else thinks. So for a "wouldn't it be nice" project, nothing's really off the table.

I want, no I demand (LOL) we get ALL the footage from the Exit Stage Left tour! We know TCE and So many other tunes were done for those recordings but they couldnt fit it on VHS. DO it!

It's funny. Yesterday, I started looking on YouTube to see if I could find videos of the past video intros used in concert. They were pretty awesome. I'd definitely pay for them to be collected on a disc, especially a Blu-Ray.

They should include as much of the animated videos they've used during the actual songs as possible as well. (Manhattan Project, Far Cry, Force Ten, Test for Echo, Leave That Thing Alone, etc.) Some great stuff there.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 15 2011, 03:49 PM)
They should include as much of the animated videos they've used during the actual songs as possible as well. (Manhattan Project, Far Cry, Force Ten, Test for Echo, Leave That Thing Alone, etc.) Some great stuff there.

Agreed. Not sure how that would work, but it would be awesome.

[edit] I guess that would work perfectly for songs with no Official Video. Although it would require more production work, as opposed to the easy cut and paste with a simple collection of Official Music Vids with some added content. But, hey, may as well put that on the wish list. I like it.

QUOTE (briremo @ Apr 15 2011, 02:57 PM)
I want, no I demand (LOL) we get ALL the footage from the Exit Stage Left tour! We know TCE and So many other tunes were done for those recordings but they couldnt fit it on VHS. DO it!

I would drop big money on this...

When it comes to archival footage and video's, Rush SUCKS! When you have bands like Genesis releasing live footage no one has seen from the 1970's with remastered versions of there albums, you think Rush could give us the entire ESL concert. Why wasnt the Fly By Night video shown on MTV in it's heyday, I never saw the studio video of Tom Sawyer on MTV as well. I just dont get it.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Apr 15 2011, 06:32 PM)
When it comes to archival footage and video's, Rush SUCKS! When you have bands like Genesis releasing live footage no one has seen from the 1970's with remastered versions of there albums, you think Rush could give us the entire ESL concert. Why wasnt the Fly By Night video shown on MTV in it's heyday, I never saw the studio video of Tom Sawyer on MTV as well. I just dont get it.

Genesis didn't really release anything that bootleg collectors already had; they just put it out in official form. Though, true, it is nice to see some of it get an official release.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Blu-Ray compilation of videos from the guys. Maybe put Rio, ESL, p/g, ASOH on Blu-Ray and I'd buy those without a doubt (even though getting Rio on BR would be a lucky break).

To be honest, the only thing that hasn't been released by Rush that I want is a DVD with all of the music videos and a CD containing Not Fade Away and Garden Road.

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Apr 16 2011, 09:12 AM)
No, because I don't own a Blu-Ray player, and refuse to get one.

If Blu-Ray players weren't backwards compatible and DVD players lasted forever, I would probably feel the same way.

But the thought of having every music video ever made (from just the boys playing in those kimono robes, through the kinda kooky 80's videos, all the way up to today), would push me over the edge and create and excuse for an "upgrade".

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Heck yes. Im a bluray connoisseur. And i already own everything Rush on bluray. Even though one doesnt work. sad.gif

Heck yes. Im a bluray connoisseur. And i already own everything Rush on bluray. Even though one doesnt work. sad.gif

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Apr 16 2011, 10:21 PM)
Holy balls. Sorry for the triple post. My droid was fing up

I know how that feels...

Anyway, my answer to Blu-ray is yes.gif

I think it would be great to have high-quality video of the intros, etc. all in one place, but my never having been to any shows before this tour is a lot of my motivation. Beats collecting a lot of shaky YouTube videos.

Archived