Russell Brand

Steevo

The new Arthur movie looks HORRIBLE! There is no way in hell it could ever be better than the original. But, I don't think I've ever seen anything with Russell Brand in it. He does seem a little annoying.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 9 2011, 05:43 PM)
I think the guy is hilarious. yes.gif

Did you not like Forgetting Sarah Marshall? That movie rules. 1022.gif

I thought 'Get Him to the Greek' was pretty funny also.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 9 2011, 04:45 PM)
The new Arthur movie looks HORRIBLE! There is no way in hell it could ever be better than the original. But, I don't think I've ever seen anything with Russell Brand in it. He does seem a little annoying.

Dudley Moore was the best.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 9 2011, 03:46 PM)

Did you not like Forgetting Sarah Marshall?  That movie rules. 1022.gif

I thought 'Get Him to the Greek' was pretty funny also.

I thought it had funny moments, but overall wasn't anywhere in the same league as Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

meh, he's just ok, I guess.

I heard him on Howard Stern and he was kind of exhausting. He's interesting.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 9 2011, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 9 2011, 04:45 PM)

Dudley Moore was the best.

"Arthur" IS Dudley Moore, and vice versa. Crime to remake it with anyone, particularly Brand.

Brand's wife is an annoying talentless hack as well. (Brand is just annoying, and too scary-looking to appeal to me as a comedy actor).

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 9 2011, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 9 2011, 06:43 PM)

Did you not like Forgetting Sarah Marshall?  That movie rules. 1022.gif

While I agree he was very funny in that movie, he sucks hard otherwise.

I will give people this - sometimes you have to take him in doses (kind of like ELP). I've seen him online doing interviews on some English talk show like thing, as well as him being interviewed on some American talk shows, and while he's hilarious, he's also like a non-stop freight train out of control. So, yeah, he's great in moderation (IMHO), but the guy is one of the funniest stream of consciousness comedians I've heard.

Whilst I aknowledge he has a certain amount of talent and a quick wit, that doesn't alter the fact that it wouldn't be a good thing if myself, Brand and a large baseball bat happened to be in the same room.....

Did you not like Forgetting Sarah Marshall? That movie rules. 1022.gif

yes.gif

I love that movie.

I wonder if the carpet matches the pubes. z7shysterical.gif

In that top hat for "Arthur", he looks like a particularly frightening version of Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka. I bet kids see Russell Brand in their nightmares.

"Can't sleep. . .Russell Brand will eat me."

QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 9 2011, 06:04 PM)
Please just fcuk off. That's all.

Yeah, he is kind of a dipshit, and his face is scary to look at.

What is Katy Perry thinking?

As much as I do appreciate Russel Brand, I have no interest whatsoever in seeing Arthur. Re-makes are almost always a really bad idea. Arthur was a funny movie for its time, but it should remain in its time.

If it gets really stellar reviews, I may watch it when it comes to cable, but I probably would have done that anyway. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

The first time I ever saw him (had no clue who he was), he was winning some type of award (one of those popularity type awards as opposed to winning based on talent). His acceptance speech included some political rant bashing the USA.

While I think he is more than welcome to bash the USA, that was not the appropriate time/place to do so.

Since then, I've had a low opinion of him.

ps- I recently saw "Get Him To The Greek" and thought he was pretty good in that.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 14 2011, 06:47 PM)
The first time I ever saw him (had no clue who he was), he was winning some type of award (one of those popularity type awards as opposed to winning based on talent). His acceptance speech included some political rant bashing the USA.

While I think he is more than welcome to bash the USA, that was not the appropriate time/place to do so.

Wow! My opinion of Russell Brand has just gone up!

Any time is the right time to bash the US and A.

I still wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire though.

Archived