Rush Vinyl Box Set

GeddPratLerxst

Wouldn't it be great if Rush released EVERY studio album on vinyl? I would pay good money for it. Especially since it would probably be on heavy vinyl. It's so hard to have a complete vinyl collection (especially because not all albums are on vinyl...) because albums like RTB and S&A are so expensive. It would be amazing if they could release a vinyl box set like the rolling stones have done

A box set of Rush vinyl?

Thing would weigh 60 lbs. You'd have to lug it out of the store in a wheelbarrow.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 1 2011, 03:25 PM)
As someone who has trawled second hand shops, car boot sales, record fairs and worse(eBay!) to complete my collection, this option would be far too easy. Much prefer the masochistic route!

goodpost.gif

Ruin my vinyl hunting spirit..

CoS, ATWAS, and PoW down, a whole lot more to go! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Apr 1 2011, 10:42 PM)
As someone who has trawled second hand shops, car boot sales, record fairs and worse(eBay!) to complete my collection, this option would be far too easy. Much prefer the masochistic route!

goodpost.gif

Telling you, it's the only way....I remember walking into a second hand store in Brussels, and walking out with the Hemispheres picture disc and Rush Through Time...I think I got drunk soon afterwards.

If they do it, they should release it in 5 album sets. Something like 'Rush' through 'All The Worlds A Stage' as the first one, and 'A Farewell To Kings' through 'Exit...Stage Left' as the second one and so on and so forth. Much better than having all 26 studio and live albums in one mammoth, overweight crazybox.

id buy it. no doubt in my mind. I wouldnt care how much it cost or what my financial situation is at the time. I'd buy it. LMAO

This is not a bad idea at all, but as one whole box? No way. Would weigh too much and would probably be near one grand in price! An idea stated earlier seems to work, but here's what I imagine.

Box 1 (1974-1978)

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

All The World's A Stage

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres

Box 2 (1980-1989)

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Exit...Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Presto

Box 3 (1991-1998)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Different Stages

Box 4 (2002-2008)

Vapor Trails

Rush In Rio

Feedback

R30

Snakes And Arrows

Snakes And Arrows Live

Of course, with the length of 'Different Stages', I could just see the first two discs being on vinyl and not the third. 'Rio' would be a monster if it were on vinyl; same with 'S&A Live'. If it were just the studio albums, I wouldn't mind buying them.

Yeah, I don't quite know how'd they release it realistically.

Besides, all I need is Roll the Bones-today as far as vinyl goes.

Test for Echo finally getting a vinyl release would be nice.

Crude oil prices would rise considerably. tongue.gif

Make it a Rush wooden crate box set, rope handles on the sides! bolt.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2011, 03:24 PM)
Outside of a few Rush vinyl geeks *cough*, would there really be enough demand for something like this? confused13.gif

I can't imagine there would be.

Hey, I grew up in the vinyl era and owned all those Rush albums on vinyl, from the first album up to and including Presto. I loved them, but I have no use for them now so I've sold them all to used record stores and at garage sales.

CD's sound much better.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2011, 01:28 PM)
Outside of a few Rush vinyl geeks *cough*, would there really be enough demand for something like this? confused13.gif

Hey, I grew up in the vinyl era and owned all those Rush albums on vinyl, from the first album up to and including Presto. I loved them, but I have no use for them now so I've sold them all to used record stores and at garage sales.

CD's sound much better.

I appreciate the arguments that people make about vinyl sounding better than CD's. I've heard enough people rave up and down about it that I have no choice to take them at their word that they're probably right. However...

... you STILL have to contend with pops and crackles, and you STILL have to take an album out of two sleeves, place it on the turntable, clean the album, put the needle down, turn it over half way through, clean it, put the needle down, put it back in two sleeves, then taken a new album out and do the same agonizing ritual all over again. And the thing degrades every time you play it. I did it for years, and I will NOT go back to all that craziness. CD's sound close e-damn-nough and it's so much easier.

I sold my albums too many years ago. I have a handful I bought for $1 at a yard sale, but those are for the artwork - I don't even own a turntable.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 2 2011, 01:00 PM)
This is not a bad idea at all, but as one whole box? No way. Would weigh too much and would probably be near one grand in price! An idea stated earlier seems to work, but here's what I imagine.

Box 1 (1974-1978)
Rush
Fly By Night
Caress of Steel
All The World's A Stage
A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres

Box 2 (1980-1989)
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures
Exit...Stage Left
Signals
Grace Under Pressure
Power Windows
Hold Your Fire
A Show of Hands
Presto

Box 3 (1991-1998)
Roll The Bones
Counterparts
Test For Echo
Different Stages

Box 4 (2002-2008)
Vapor Trails
Rush In Rio
Feedback
R30
Snakes And Arrows
Snakes And Arrows Live

Of course, with the length of 'Different Stages', I could just see the first two discs being on vinyl and not the third. 'Rio' would be a monster if it were on vinyl; same with 'S&A Live'. If it were just the studio albums, I wouldn't mind buying them.

Box 4 would undoubtedly be referred to as the sh!t box.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2011, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 2 2011, 01:00 PM)

Box 1 (1974-1978)
Rush
Fly By Night
Caress of Steel
All The World's A Stage
A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres

Box 2 (1980-1989)
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures
Exit...Stage Left
Signals
Grace Under Pressure
Power Windows
Hold Your Fire
A Show of Hands
Presto

Box 3 (1991-1998)
Roll The Bones
Counterparts
Test For Echo
Different Stages

Box 4 (2002-2008)
Vapor Trails
Rush In Rio
Feedback
R30
Snakes And Arrows
Snakes And Arrows Live

Box 4 would undoubtedly be referred to as the sh!t box.

How can you call yourself rush fan? A fan wouldn't just like the older stuff and just call everything else crap. I mean you act like your opinion is the same as everyone elses and that everything you say is fact. I infact LOVE Snakes and Arrows. Can you even post something that isn't negitive? Just stop trolling and find something better to do with your life. Seriously...

Anyway a box set similar to Genesis Box 3 on vinyl would be nice trink36.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Apr 1 2011, 06:17 PM)
If they do it, they should release it in 5 album sets. Something like 'Rush' through 'All The Worlds A Stage' as the first one, and 'A Farewell To Kings' through 'Exit...Stage Left' as the second one and so on and so forth. Much better than having all 26 studio and live albums in one mammoth, overweight crazybox.

thats why i said every studio album

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2011, 03:28 PM)

CD's sound much better.

I agree! I don't see the charm in vinyl?!?!?!

Do you really want to simulate vinyl? Push your bass levels up to simulate the RIAA amplifier that was necessary to bring back the bass that had to be compressed in order to fit that signal into the grooves! THAT is what people are missing!

A little good EQ and even the squirliest sounding CD can have that WARM vinyl sound!!!

CD's are WAAAAY better! No noise, no handling with kid gloves, no BS!

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Apr 1 2011, 02:42 PM)

goodpost.gif

err... I saw Signals once at the local vinyl store but i didn't have 2 bucks to spare. Next week it was gone. Very disappointing. This was months ago too, I still remember it clearly and painfully.

I own... CoS, PoW, ATWAS... Wow, no progress at all.

This is sad... I do have a ton of Yes Vinyls now however - all the good ones besides Relayer, that is.