slow ticket sales

tel

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 28 2011, 06:43 PM)
wow,5 months in and still tix available for manchester unsure.gif

Not surprising.

They didn't sell it out last tour.

With the hike in ticket prices they won't sell it out this time either.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 28 2011, 02:54 PM)
Wow...Two days to go and still plenty of tickets for Sunrise...should'a come to Orlando.

Yeah. My plans to attend down there collapsed. Orlando or Tampa would have worked.

Out of curiousity, looked for frontstage tickets for the Baltimore show, found great seats, then thought of the mediocre setlist, then clicked the little "x" on the top right of the screen.

When Rush decides to compose a truly epic setlist, I'll be back. If they never tour again I could care less.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Mar 28 2011, 05:25 PM)
A change in setlist, and lower price would help. Oh and also playing in a town thats actually near me!

What do they expect by going on tour after tour after tour, very often to the same towns and venues, without a new album? This is their 3rd tour in a row not supporting a new album. Of course ticket sales are going to dwindle. You can only keep milking that cow for so long before you need to give it a rest and wait until it's ready for more...

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 28 2011, 05:47 PM)
Out of curiousity, looked for frontstage tickets for the Baltimore show, found great seats, then thought of the mediocre setlist, then clicked the little "x" on the top right of the screen.

When Rush decides to compose a truly epic setlist, I'll be back. If they never tour again I could care less.

COOL!! More good seats for us.

wow,5 months in and still tix available for manchester unsure.gif

Be fair - these are not the kind of tix you want

They are way back and high up -

Given that this band has been going as long as it has and has had very few (if any) "hits" - I think it is remarkable

Same exact thing as leg 2 of Snake and Arrows.

Some cities will be filled up, some will have tickets available.

I expect a great walk up crowd for opening night. The floor and the entire lower bowl will be filled up and they will move people from the 300 level down to the 100 level if they have to and curtain off the upper bowl. They did that for Snakes and Arrows in 2008.

Can't wait!!!

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ Mar 29 2011, 12:46 PM)
wow,5 months in and still tix available for manchester  unsure.gif

Be fair - these are not the kind of tix you want

They are way back and high up -

Given that this band has been going as long as it has and has had very few (if any) "hits" - I think it is remarkable

Agreed, but when a tour nears the Chicken Licken brigade always come out.

For a band like Rush to have venues in Ireland & the UK somewhere between 50% & 75%+ filled with 7 weeks to go is remarkable, considering the number of arenas they're playing, their lack of status among the general gig-going populace and their utter lack of mainstream radio airplay.

Saw Yes in the Point(now O2 Dublin) Theatre in 2001. It was less than 1/4 full. Entire balcony and half of downstairs was cordoned off. Now, that was a flop. Great gig though!

Its still a tough economy. Its the same show! Tickets are way to expensive for the casual fan to take in a show he already saw. The diehards alone will not fill venues. That is reality.

I'm not going this time around. If they were supporting a new album, I would have tickets right now.

This tour is of no interest to me, but having seen Rush nearly 40 times, I am certainly spoiled.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 28 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Mar 28 2011, 05:25 PM)
A change in setlist, and lower price would help. Oh and also playing in a town thats actually near me!

What do they expect by going on tour after tour after tour, very often to the same towns and venues, without a new album? This is their 3rd tour in a row not supporting a new album. Of course ticket sales are going to dwindle. You can only keep milking that cow for so long before you need to give it a rest and wait until it's ready for more...

Manchester is in uk,not toured since s&a so i would of expected a much better response confused13.gif

Iknow a lot of people would of prefered the lads to go back to the studio to crack on with the new album but there are those of us who havent seen the band for years and im sure nobody would begrudge us that small pleasure....would they? sad.gif

I mentioned this in another thread, but for many of the reasons previously stated, I have zero interest in this tour. And I have been attending Rush concerts since 1975.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 29 2011, 01:41 PM)
I mentioned this in another thread, but for many of the reasons previously stated, I have zero interest in this tour. And I have been attending Rush concerts since 1975.

Interesting.

Your missing an amazing night of music. Did you go on leg one?

If not you are truly missing out on a steller...I mean face melting second set and encore.

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Mar 28 2011, 08:17 PM)
go to the window got first row had to pay xtra $4 service charge

thanks. Looks like I may just do that. There will be about 6 of us with no tix yet. I just looked at the capacity at Hershey and they said it's 10K for a end stage concert. That's less than I thought. Hope I don't drive out there and find that its sold out ohmy.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 29 2011, 04:45 PM)
Manchester is in uk,not toured since s&a so i would of expected a much better response confused13.gif

All that new material last time probably put folk off.

Ticket prices have definitely out folk off.

Time Machine being a bit wonky an dnot going far enough back in time will put folk off.

Archived