Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency

snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 12 2011, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 12 2011, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 12 2011, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 12 2011, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 12 2011, 02:41 PM)
High amounts of radiation leaked into Earth's atmosphere does affect the whole planet. It is because of people who choose to ignore signs that the World is slowly becoming poisoned by deadly toxins that the planet is in such a dire situation!

I see that you were directly affected by Chernobyl in 1986...

I didn't downplay the seriousness of what is happening... World. Big place. Sky not falling. Remove tinfoil hat.

I will keep wearing my tin foil hat but in the mean time why don't you educate yourself on the matter!

"Nuclear and environmental scientists have warned that the nuclear arsenal poses the single largest threat to our planet's environment. A US military report says that even a small-scale use of atomic weapons could devastate the world's ecosystems and climatic balance, and would cause a damage that would persist for more than half of the coming decade."

Link to Article

Thanks for proving your 'education' by clicking a mouse a couple of times...

Note, your link has no mention of the entire Earth being destroyed as you have previously mentioned...

For Pete's sake man... I am not saying it is not harmful. If you launched every missile there is right this second we will be cooked as shit, but the Earth ain't going anywhere... We are little specks on the Earth. Parasites. It is gonna be here way after us.

I don't need 'Google' eduaction on the subject to realize these obvious things I have mentioned.

Earth will be fine. So will you. If you are so concerned about 'educating', look up the area affected by Chernobyl...It is pretty fukkin big, but nothing more than a mole on the body of the Earth.

Or stay home and keep looking out the shutters.

I made those clicks to prove what I already knew. It is attitudes like this that is destroying our environment!

...Was that a joke?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 12 2011, 06:54 PM)
High amounts of radiation leaked into Earth's atmosphere does affect the whole planet. It is because of people who choose to ignore signs that the World is slowly becoming poisoned by deadly toxins that the planet is in such a dire situation!

I didn't downplay the seriousness of what is happening... World. Big place. Sky not falling. Remove tinfoil hat.

I will keep wearing my tin foil hat but in the mean time why don't you educate yourself on the matter!

"Nuclear and environmental scientists have warned that the nuclear arsenal poses the single largest threat to our planet's environment. A US military report says that even a small-scale use of atomic weapons could devastate the world's ecosystems and climatic balance, and would cause a damage that would persist for more than half of the coming decade."

Link to Article

Note, your link has no mention of the entire Earth being destroyed as you have previously mentioned...

For Pete's sake man... I am not saying it is not harmful. If you launched every missile there is right this second we will be cooked as shit, but the Earth ain't going anywhere... We are little specks on the Earth. Parasites. It is gonna be here way after us.

I don't need 'Google' eduaction on the subject to realize these obvious things I have mentioned.

Earth will be fine. So will you. If you are so concerned about 'educating', look up the area affected by Chernobyl...It is pretty fukkin big, but nothing more than a mole on the body of the Earth.

I made those clicks to prove what I already knew. It is attitudes like this that is destroying our environment!

...Was that a joke?

I don't know what you mean by that?

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 12 2011, 06:00 PM)

Link to Article

...Was that a joke?

He doesn't think you are serious. It is probably because you are spewing nonsense.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 12 2011, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 12 2011, 06:00 PM)

Link to Article

...Was that a joke?

He doesn't think you are serious. It is probably because you are spewing nonsense.

Ignorance is bliss! Realistically, we have done most of the damage to this planet in the past century and we have really done a good job of it! Go ahead and think that oils spills and radiation leaks don't have an affect on the planet! Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back? Well, that's going to happen one day!

Link to Article

Just to clear something up, I never said that it would destroy the planet but I did say that it could a devastating effect on it. I'll admit devastating might have been an overreaction and you are right, the world is very big place! I just get worried about what this planet is going to be like in another fifty years. Things like this combined with the other pollutants that we are constantly putting into the air, land and water are not good for the planet. Small animals are turning up dead in large numbers all over the world. This and many other warning signs should be telling us that pollution is effecting the planet in very negative ways and one day it might be too late to undo.

Anyone else been keeping up with this story?

Living in California, I have, and it's not looking good at all.. And my teacher last period informed us that we really don't have a good plan to keep the plants under control, but Germany shut them (their plants) down because of protesting..

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 13 2011, 06:52 AM)

Link to Article

Just to clear something up, I never said that it would destroy the planet but I did say that it could a devastating effect on it. I'll admit devastating might have been an overreaction and you are right, the world is very big place! I just get worried about what this planet is going to be like in another fifty years. Things like this combined with the other pollutants that we are constantly putting into the air, land and water are not good for the planet. Small animals are turning up dead in large numbers all over the world. This and many other warning signs should be telling us that pollution is effecting the planet in very negative ways and one day it might be too late to undo.

I wonder how we could produce less pollution?

wink.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2011, 01:15 PM)

Link to Article

wink.gif

You're right! It's impossible! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 15 2011, 01:19 PM)

Link to Article

wink.gif

Well, we could stop using energy. But some of us like to use energy to grow food and produce goods like our clothing along with transportation, heating, and a million other uses. So if you live naked in a cave and eat nuts and berries that you find growing naturally then I suppose you can complain, but if you use energy in some way, then it would be wise to think of ways to produce energy with less pollution.

Maybe there are some sources of energy that don't produce carbon emissions. Let's see, there's hydroelectric but there are environmental and safety issues with building dams, also there's only so many rivers left to dam. There's wind, but there's environmental and aesthetic concerns there as well and it's not capable of providing a huge percentage of our energy. There's geothermal, but that's cost prohibitive and there are also environmental concerns. There's solar but solar isn't efficient enough. All of those are worth pursuing but all are limited in some way and can't produce enough energy to replace coal burning plants to supply our energy needs.

What other form of energy could we use that doesn't produce greenhouse gasses?

Mmmmm... confused13.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 15 2011, 02:24 PM)
You're right, stuff like this that is going on all over North America is totally necessary!
Link

Right about what? I think that contaminated water as a result from drilling for natural gas is a bad thing and can be minimized by decreasing the need for natural gas.

Now how do we do that? cool.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 15 2011, 02:12 PM)

Link to Article

wink.gif

Well, we could stop using energy. But some of us like to use energy to grow food and produce goods like our clothing along with transportation, heating, and a million other uses. So if you live naked in a cave and eat nuts and berries that you find growing naturally then I suppose you can complain, but if you use energy in some way, then it would be wise to think of ways to produce energy with less pollution.

Maybe there are some sources of energy that don't produce carbon emissions. Let's see, there's hydroelectric but there are environmental and safety issues with building dams, also there's only so many rivers left to dam. There's wind, but there's environmental and aesthetic concerns there as well and it's not capable of providing a huge percentage of our energy. There's geothermal, but that's cost prohibitive and there are also environmental concerns. There's solar but solar isn't efficient enough. All of those are worth pursuing but all are limited in some way and can't produce enough energy to replace coal burning plants to supply our energy needs.

Mmmmm... confused13.gif

There are alot of new creative wind and solar projects, along with biofuels that will end up being self sustaining electric sources but our government has been fighting them and giving price supports to oil and coal to make them cheaper. These companies really only want a level playing field. In any case it is a pretty complicated problem but investing in science and R & D would be the prudent thing. Currently China outspends us by hundreds of billions of dollars on green energy though they have a third of our GDP. Why do you think that is?

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 15 2011, 02:45 PM)

Link to Article

wink.gif

Mmmmm... confused13.gif

There are alot of new creative wind and solar projects, along with biofuels that will end up being self sustaining electric sources but our government has been fighting them and giving price supports to oil and coal to make them cheaper. These companies really only want a level playing field. In any case it is a pretty complicated problem but investing in science and R & D would be the prudent thing. Currently China outspends us by hundreds of billions of dollars on green energy though they have a third of our GDP. Why do you think that is?

goodpost.gif Things can only change if "How much profit we can make?" is not the number one concern.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 16 2011, 04:45 AM)

Link to Article

wink.gif

Mmmmm... confused13.gif

For a supposed green country[or at least one that spends money towards being one] (as you say), China sure as hell pollutes the hell out of the planet.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 16 2011, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 16 2011, 04:45 AM)

Link to Article

wink.gif

Mmmmm... confused13.gif

For a supposed green country[or at least one that spends money towards being one] (as you say), China sure as hell pollutes the hell out of the planet.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 16 2011, 11:33 AM)
Yes, China is the worst country on earth regarding real pollution.

China is the world's worst polluter nation with the highest overall annual emission of greenhouse gases (6,018 million tonne). However, in terms of per capita emissions it is ranked 44th in the world, emitting 4.5 tonne (per person)

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 16 2011, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 16 2011, 11:33 AM)
Yes, China is the worst country on earth regarding real pollution.

China is the world's worst polluter nation with the highest overall annual emission of greenhouse gases (6,018 million tonne). However, in terms of per capita emissions it is ranked 44th in the world, emitting 4.5 tonne (per person)

Yes, I wasn't trying to say otherwise.

Archived