The most overrated bands

Akron162

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 3 2011, 02:29 PM)
The monkees were actually a solid band. Nesmith and tork had skill, and they wrote a lot of their later material. They get a bad rap.

They were a very good pop band, fabricated or not. I really enjoy The Monkees.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 28 2011, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 1 2011, 04:34 PM)
who, indeed... wink.gif

As in it's pointless...

Roger that.. If people don't understand the masterpieces Bob or the Beach Boys have crafted, why bother.

ITT: people post their honest opinions, then rage when someone disagrees with them.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 3 2011, 02:14 PM)
ITT: people post their honest opinions, then rage when someone disagrees with them.

Isn't that every thread? tongue.gif Just saying.

People will post their opinions, others will disagree... Some more passionately than others.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Mar 4 2011, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 28 2011, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 1 2011, 04:34 PM)
who, indeed... wink.gif

As in it's pointless...

Roger that.. If people don't understand the masterpieces Bob or the Beach Boys have crafted, why bother.

Ack. Just play along, state our snobby opinions, feel better, and move on laugh.gif Arguements about music is pointless but I like to read opinions. Rush fans are the best!! It's always hilarious on here when someone takes offence though. There are some very skilled wind-up merchants that float around ph34r.gif

snob:

a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field: a musical snob. bekloppt.gif

Edited by Steevo

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 3 2011, 03:24 PM)

No, because some people are like "yeah, man, The Doors are overrated", and some are like "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY THE DOORS ARE OVERRATED???? JIM MORRISON WAS GOD!!1!1!!!1!"

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 3 2011, 01:29 PM)
The monkees were actually a solid band. Nesmith and tork had skill, and they wrote a lot of their later material. They get a bad rap.

probably got a bad rap because they started out as a solid bunch of actors in a show so that's how people think of them.

the pop appeal of Davy Jones probably didn't help their reputation as serious musicians either..

Pink Floyd

U2

Eric Clapton (as a blues player)

Bruce Springstein

Jimi Hendrix:

I like Hendrix, and he did wonders for the guitar playing community. I can not deny the influence he has had on music. But he is FAR from the best guitarist of all time like a lot of people think he is.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 3 2011, 11:09 PM)

No, because some people are like "yeah, man, The Doors are overrated", and some are like "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY THE DOORS ARE OVERRATED???? JIM MORRISON WAS GOD!!1!1!!!1!"

Yes, Jim Morrison was god! God-awful!!!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 5 2011, 02:07 PM)

laugh.gif

I for one don't think the Doors are overrated at all but I think I could come up with something better than that.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 5 2011, 02:07 PM)

Perfect.................. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 6 2011, 09:11 PM)
The Band

I think the self-titled album is near-perfect. And Music from Big Pink is essential listening. And Stage Fright is very very good. These albums contain so many wonderful songs...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 6 2011, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 6 2011, 09:11 PM)
The Band

I think the self-titled album is near-perfect. And Music from Big Pink is essential listening. And Stage Fright is very very good. These albums contain so many wonderful songs...

oh, you mean The Band that everyone one you probably like from the 70's learned from? You dont have to be the best technical musicians to teach people how to play music. I would say they are very under appreciated iun todays world. Every top musician of the era HAD to be on stage with them at The Last Waltz for a reason, so I respectfully but adamantly disagree.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 7 2011, 01:23 AM)
Kansas.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 7 2011, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 7 2011, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 7 2011, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 7 2011, 01:23 AM)
Kansas.

cool10.gif

x2

x3

You lot think Kansas are overrated?

wacko.gif