Out-of-placed songs

Nate2112

I know im a test for echo freak and i freakin love all the song but Virtualitys got me thinking, the guitar riffs somehow sound like those on VT. Just my opinion and i also think that on RTB, Dreeamline and RTB just dont go with the flow of the album, what about you any others i missed?

Freewill and Entre Nous always seem like they should be later in the catalogue than they actually are. Not sure why. The Weapon definitely sounds like it should be on GUP. Grand Designs sounds like it should be on HYF; Time and Motion on Vapor Trails. IMO.

I never thought Chemistry went with Signals, but only because it's utter crap and the rest of the album isn't.

HUH!? Wow! I think this song is Signals all the way and the best song on the album. Weird how some people hear songs differently than others.

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Jan 31 2011, 08:35 PM)
I never thought Chemistry went with Signals, but only because it's utter crap and the rest of the album isn't.

HUH!? Wow! I think this song is Signals all the way and the best song on the album. Weird how some people hear songs differently than others.

Yep! And to be clear, I don't think it belongs on ANY album! I think they should have never wrote it tongue.gif

Why is Tears or Twilight Zone on 2112?

WTH is Didacts and Narpets? wacko.gif

Madrigal? Really? scared.gif

Cygnus X-1 is awesome, but deserves its own space apart from AFTK.

Vital Signs is cheese in the land of free-flowing wines. confused13.gif

==============

IMO, all of the above transgressions are far greater sins than Tai Shan, Red Lenses, or even Dog Years. (thematically and stylistically, not song-wise)

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jan 30 2011, 07:44 PM)

Completely disagree...The song is great.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jan 30 2011, 07:28 PM)
HYF could have been perfect without Tai Shan & High Water. Not only are the songs bad (imo), but they just don't go with the album.

Also Mystic Rythyms is a good song, but its the weakest on PoW, and doesn't go with the others.

I think HYF is fine the way it is.

Alien Shore , its ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Counterparts is a kick ass album in General, just a weak tune, but a weak Rush tune is still better then pretty much everything else

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Jan 31 2011, 08:35 PM)

WOW +2...couldnt disagree with you any more. I think Chemistry is fantastic

Mostly agree with some other posts...but Entre Nous is pretty cool...and I really think MP is the most total album they have...(Kind of like to listen to it the whole way through like Dark Side of the Moon) I also can't listen to Snakes and Arrows, song by song, I have to hear it the WHOLE way through! I think it's a "package" album!

No problems with AFTK, Hemispheres, or Permanent Waves, or even Counterparts.

Dreamline, to me is the ONLY good song on RTB...I HATE that album with a passion! (not a big fan of T4E except for Driven)

I also think HyF and Power Windows are weak on the whole...I could probably stand PW a little more without Emotion Detector?!?!?! (talk about a WTF moment!)

HyF I can tolerate Turn the Page and discount most of the rest as garbage (Tai Shan? doh.gif )

I think I'm Going Bald DEFINITELY BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT does NOT belong with the rest of Caress of Steel!!!!!

GuP is pretty solid...Signals is just a different album...I LIKE it, but never raved over it...So all of those songs can stay!

Archived