Beach balls at Rush shows...

osage2112

No, absolutely not. I know it was the "the thing" back in the day, but it's just wrong on so many levels.

They disrupt other people, and sometimes (this happend at the show I was at this summer) some moron knocks it onto the stage, and crew has to come out and disrupt the show, and it can really throw the band off if it for some reason gets in there way.

As someone who plays live on stage, and have played in front of crowds that have done had beach balls, I personally do not like it.

Just my opinion.

I don't get why people are fussed about beach balls. They're fun if you're at a fun rock show but if you're at a death metal show they might be out of place.

I think people try too hard to be "straight" and they should loosen up a bit and have fun at a show, especially if you're on the floor.

Rush shows I've seen were filled with people who had almost no clue why they were there and they looked bummed out. I know their music is not very upbeat and happy but come on!

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Jan 22 2011, 06:28 AM)
No thanks - though i would have paid good money to see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5O3A88U9_E...player_embedded

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah...Lars is a major-league douche! That was so funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 22 2011, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Jan 22 2011, 06:28 AM)
No thanks - though i would have paid good money to see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5O3A88U9_E...player_embedded

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah...Lars is a major-league douche! That was so funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

LMAO I love how he just smiles at the end. I guess he thought it was funny too.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 22 2011, 04:38 PM)
http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/fat-osu-guy-copy.jpg

How can these be fun? confused13.gif

Like HOLY SHIT! Jaymz Hetfield has let himself go...

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 20 2011, 02:33 PM)
Mildly annoying, but less distracting than the thousands of LED screens held aloft for the duration of the show. . . ph34r.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jan 24 2011, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 20 2011, 02:33 PM)
Mildly annoying, but less distracting than the thousands of LED screens held aloft for the duration of the show. . . ph34r.gif

goodpost.gif

^^^agreed!!!

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jan 23 2011, 04:50 PM)
Are you guys seriously this uptight? It's a beach ball, for God's sake. I hardly think it would distract you from the show.

Unless it wallops you in the head... ph34r.gif not that I would know about that...

Nothing is more terrifying than a rogue beach ball.

Except, perhaps, a rogue beach ball at a rock concert,

No wait, except perhaps, a rogue beach ball at a Rush concert.

Those bright and menacing colours bouncing to and fro to it's next unsuspecting victim.

The moment a beach ball starts to bounce around I head straight for the exit.

You know the crowd is getting is just about to get out of control and just to be on the safe side, I grab the wife and kids and run like hell.

First a beach ball, then, who knows what?

"Cats and dogs, living together...mass hysteria!"

Now that I think about, just in case, I'm not going at all.

You can't be too safe, right?

Who wants my tickets?

My suggestion to all of you...

Run, run screaming...

...before it is too late!

Better yet, please, I beg of all of you, don't leave your houses...ever.

We'll all just stay at home and watch our Rush DVDs, rock back and forth and repeat over and over and over...

"It's going to be ok, no beach balls here, it's going to be ok, no beach balls here, it's going to be ok, no beach balls here..."

You've all be sufficiently warned.

~Love, RGLT

what a bunch of uptight old duds!! What else is there to do on the lawn,cuz you can't see the show!!!!!

Do you even smile during a Rush show......don't distract yourself!!!!

Might miss something you saw at the last show......cuz if you've seen one....

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE......Remember concerts are suppossed to be FUN not a bunch of duds just standing around staring blankly at the screen in front of you.

EVEN the assh*** Lars got a laugh our of it.......GET OVER YOURSELVES! Rush is good, but sometimes it's nice to break the monotony

I've never seen a person deliberately hit with a beach ball. I've seen them hit into the air, and float down.

Is that so bad?

I've seen frisbees at show...and those are dangerous!

Now that I see that certian people are annoyed by these ,

I'm gonna bring a few in to the show here in Phoenix.

I have 4 red promotional (Target). They inflate to about 18"

Back in 1980 I had couple frisbee's I was bringing to a show.

Didn't even think they would care at the door, cause back in those days

we could carry all kinds of stuff into shows, But the security tried to take them away at the door, so I just flung them both right past them & into the arena. Pissed as they were at me, I still got in the Rock show & saw my frisbee flying around for a while.

1022.gif

QUOTE (GotRush @ Feb 1 2011, 02:31 PM)

we could carry all kinds of stuff into shows, But the security tried to take them away at the door, so I just flung them both right past them & into the arena. Pissed as they were at me, I still got in the Rock show & saw my frisbee flying around for a while.

1022.gif

Do it! These uptight old men are only a fraction of the people attending the show. 99% of the people there love beach balls! It's so much fun!

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Feb 1 2011, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (GotRush @ Feb 1 2011, 02:31 PM)

1022.gif

Do it! These uptight old men are only a fraction of the people attending the show. 99% of the people there love beach balls! It's so much fun!

Screw beachballs, I'm gonna bring a medicine ball just got you guys who think only old men are on this thread. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif

It's a beach ball. There are Over 9,000 people at the show and At Least 100 beach balls, so they're not gonna be coming to you that often. In fact, at the show they played Last Thursday I didn't see any. The people getting drunk before the end of the first set are more annoying, but also more hilarious.