Animate

Nate2112

I've been listening to it a lot lately, especially the live version from R30 in Frankfurt. I love the song. Towards the end when Geddy changes the pace on the vocals and sings, "My Counterpart, My foolish heart...", and then Neil busts 'em back into the chorus, "Polarize me", it is amazing!!! It's an underrated tune and great live one too.

Animate's my favorite 90s Rush song and one of my top 10 favorite Rush songs in general if not my top 3. I consider myself one who loves the R30 arrangement of Animate despite the fact it's being played at a slower tempo. Loved it the first time I listened to it and it's still one of my most played Rush songs.

Seeing how Marathon was played live in the original tempo on the recent tour, I'd love to see Rush attack this song live in the original tempo. Along with Countdown, Chemistry and Where's My Thing?, this is one song that I wish to see live at least once.

QUOTE (The Master @ Jan 14 2011, 07:32 PM)
I've been listening to it a lot lately, especially the live version from R30 in Frankfurt. I love the song. Towards the end when Geddy changes the pace on the vocals and sings, "My Counterpart, My foolish heart...", and then Neil busts 'em back into the chorus, "Polarize me", it is amazing!!! It's an underrated tune and great live one too.

Welcome to the. Forum

When I first heard this one I was scared because they were announcing that they were going to play the new Rush single and all I could think about was the previous album. Halfway through the song, I thought it was the best thing they had done in years. Still do. Always great to hear that song live.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 15 2011, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (The Master @ Jan 14 2011, 07:32 PM)
I've been listening to it a lot lately, especially the live version from R30 in Frankfurt.  I love the song.  Towards the end when Geddy changes the pace on the vocals and sings, "My Counterpart, My foolish heart...", and then Neil busts 'em back into the chorus, "Polarize me", it is amazing!!!  It's an underrated tune and great live one too.

Welcome to the. Forum

Thanks for the welcome, Nate2112. Glad to be here!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 15 2011, 09:08 PM)
One of my favorites on CP. A kick ass tune that everybody sounds great on and due to how great the production is, it's the song that marked a "comback" of sorts for Rush musically after the keyboard era.

kind of ironic that it's still a pretty keyboard-heavy song.

Archived