Best Genre Of Metal

Nate2112

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it all but, Heavy Metal is where my heart is

1022.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2010, 07:36 PM)
Anything but Black/Death. Love the musicianship, but it's RUINED by that ridiculous growling. Can't stand not being able to understand lyrics.

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

I'd love to get into Opeth, but I can't take the Cookie Monster vocals. Apparently they are going to switch to clean vocals in the future, so maybe then.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2010, 07:36 PM)
Anything but Black/Death. Love the musicianship, but it's RUINED by that ridiculous growling. Can't stand not being able to understand lyrics.

Completely agree. I don't understand why they do that.

Most genres of metal have a lot of fantastic bands, but my favourites are Death, Black, Grindcore, Doom, Heavy Metal, Thrash, Industrial, Prog and some metalcore. Basically anything but power metal laugh.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Jan 1 2011, 12:41 PM)
Most genres of metal have a lot of fantastic bands, but my favourites are Death, Black, Grindcore, Doom, Heavy Metal, Thrash, Industrial, Prog and some metalcore. Basically anything but power metal laugh.gif

Power Metal is on the rock spectrum, from what I've seen it's metal for those who don't typically enjoy metal. trink38.gif

I will say this, I do not like straightforward death metal.... I like what bands like Opeth, BTBAM, and Mastodon do, and combine the intensity and vocals of death, with melodic ballads, normal vocals, and sweeping themes.

I hate to assign 3 labels (it is a bit much) but "Progressive Death Metal" is the only Death I like.