Leaving BU2B off of CA?

rushgoober

When I saw BU2B in concert( Time Machine) I was like WOW! They're making a new album! I'm not crazy about it but the name"BU2B" is something Rush would never do. Just sounds kinda mainstream and not rush-like. Just My Opinion. You don't have to care.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Oct 14 2010, 02:13 PM)
When I saw BU2B in concert( Time Machine) I was like WOW! They're making a new album! I'm not crazy about it but the name"BU2B" is something Rush would never do. Just sounds kinda mainstream and not rush-like. Just My Opinion. You don't have to care.

Keep in mind BU2B is shorthand for "Brought Up To Believe", which I'm sure you were aware of.

Must be that very Metal intro that got ya down..................... tongue.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 03:19 PM)
seems if someone is comfortable with their belief or disbelief, they make their statement and then move on instead of dwelling on it.

Maybe Neil is NOT comfortable with his belief or disbelief, and that's why he's exploring it through his writing. That, to me, is not only reasonable and acceptable, but admirable.

I don't want Rush to make music to please me, I want them to make music to please THEMSELVES. I hope I will like and agree with it, of course, but if I don't, that's my problem, not theirs.

I salute Neil for being true to himself.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 14 2010, 04:28 PM)
seems if someone is comfortable with their belief or disbelief, they make their statement and then move on instead of dwelling on it.

Maybe Neil is NOT comfortable with his belief or disbelief, and that's why he's exploring it through his writing. That, to me, is not only reasonable and acceptable, but admirable.

I don't want Rush to make music to please me, I want them to make music to please THEMSELVES. I hope I will like and agree with it, of course, but if I don't, that's my problem, not theirs.

Maybe, but as a listener, I get tired of the same thing being said on every new release.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 04:30 PM)

Maybe, but as a listener, I get tired of the same thing being said on every new release.

I'm sure you know the solution to that! smile.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 14 2010, 04:33 PM)

Yeah, I put on something better. smile.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 04:35 PM)

Exactly!

Mama Tree didn't raise no dummies, did she. wink.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 14 2010, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 04:35 PM)

Exactly!

Mama Tree didn't raise no dummies, did she. wink.gif

My mother raised us to have taste. And not to accept that which is less.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 14 2010, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 14 2010, 03:10 PM)
Is that a bad thing? confused13.gif tongue.gif unsure.gif

Nope!

To each their own, and here's to ya for sticking it all out there and posting something so enormously egotistical tongue.gif

It's made for a great thread IMO

Thank you!

I think... unsure.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 14 2010, 03:28 PM)

goodpost.gif

Best post in the thread. trink39.gif

I can undersand not liking or disagreeing with some of Rush's lyrics, but to ask them to drop a song, change what they do, or censor themselves is just completely un-Rush.

When I first heard Freewill in high-school, my reaction was pretty much ohmy.gif "wow, what is this?" because of what I was brought up to believe. I still haven't figured "it" all out, but I love the fact that Rush still challenges us. I can't imagine wanting to silence their opinion or views, and have them just stick to writing "happy" songs.

Anyway, I do think that anyone who is hung up on the lyrics of BU2B is going to be monumentally dissapointed with Clockwork Angels, since the theme of the album already seems to be pretty clear.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Oct 14 2010, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 14 2010, 03:28 PM)

goodpost.gif

Best post in the thread. trink39.gif

I can undersand not liking or disagreeing with some of Rush's lyrics, but to ask them to drop a song, change what they do, or censor themselves is just completely un-Rush.

Well in my defense, it's a message board that I'm sure the band doesn't pay any attention to, and it's something to talk about. If I met Neil in person, would I ask him to do this? No, of course not. I'd thank him for making so much great music for so many years, but chances are I'd say nothing as even that would make him uncomfortable. If for some reason Rush DID choose to follow message boards and saw my post, that would be fine. I'm just expressing my opinion that they won't pay attention to. I don't think they expect all their fans to agree with all their choices. Freewill. wink.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 02:30 PM)

Which is what?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 14 2010, 03:55 PM)

Which is what?

Neil continuously professing his "faithlessness" to the world. Oh but he DOES believe in love.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Oct 14 2010, 05:01 PM)

Which is what?

Neil continuously professing his "faithlessness" to the world. Oh but he DOES believe in love.

and not to any god or government. He also doesn't believe in the angels in heaven above, BUT he believes there is a ghost of a chance at making love last.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 04:12 PM)

Which is what?

and not to any god or government. He also doesn't believe in the angels in heaven above, BUT he believes there is a ghost of a chance at making love last.

Neil once described Geddy as being a "lovable mass of contradictions."

Me thinks that EVERYONE is that way...Neil included.

I know I sure am... cool.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 14 2010, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 14 2010, 12:09 PM)
20 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users):
1-0-0-1-0-0-1, snowdog2112, (anonymous rushgoober), (anonymous), bigman208, Bravado007, (anonymous), PariahDog, Mr. Krinkle, ghostworks, Mara, Nathan

Goob is very happy right now.  yes.gif

tongue.gif

Are you calling me an attention whore?! ohmy.gif rage.gif

tongue.gif

unsure.gif

No, no...

He was talking about Meg Whitman!!!

biggrin.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 14 2010, 04:12 PM)

Which is what?

There's another "Neal" you guys may be happier with. tongue.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Morse

(I'm a huge Spock's Beard fan, BTW, but have not checked out Neal's solo material.)

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Oct 14 2010, 02:06 PM)
You find BU2B depressing, preachy and cynical yet you loved S&A? wacko.gif

At any rate, I think BU2B is the best song I have heard from RUSH since Counterparts. I don't care for Caravan all that much though.

I said I loved about half of S&A. I thought some of that was too preachy too.

Archived