The official NFL football thread

fonzbear2000

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 12 2010, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Sep 12 2010, 07:58 PM)
The Bucs game was blacked out locally due to not selling out the game.  Wonder if we'll be able to see any of the home games this year??

Well... after week 1 the Bucs have a perfect record.    tongue.gif

I thought they didnt do that anymore.. I guess not. Thats awful. Or maybe, what they stopped doing was not giving you a second game if yu get a home broadcast. Not broadcasting wont get more fans in the seats..

I agree with you 100%.

That is a dilemma for the NFL. With Sunday Ticket, HD, big screens, comfy couches, cheaper beer and food, all at home. How do you get more people in the seats? (But, since I live in LA, we don't have a lot of live NFL options. Sure, I could go to SD for a game, but that just adds another $50 in gas and countless hours on the 5.)

I am huge Steeler fan. Finally got DirectTV. I was surprised at the number of empty seats at the game. When they flashed in to the crowd, there patches of yellow (empty seats) everywhere. I know Ben is gone, but opening day???!!!

I think we are going to see ticket prices start to come down in some markets. I think the NFL should promote more partial season ticket packages - family packages, etc.

There is going to have to be a shift from full season packages to one-game sales in the better seats.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out...

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Sep 12 2010, 06:58 PM)
The Bucs game was blacked out locally due to not selling out the game. Wonder if we'll be able to see any of the home games this year??

Well... after week 1 the Bucs have a perfect record. tongue.gif

All of the later season home games will be on locally, since the Bucs are a shoo-in for the division title. After all, they finished last in the division last year...

Well, if Tony Romo wants to be the next Brett Favre. he took a giant step in that direction with that backhand flip to end the half. Of course, Favre wouldn't have needed a teammate's help for the opponent to score.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 12 2010, 06:41 PM)
Well we (Eagles) lost to the Packers, but not how I thought we might, it was close. Kolb out with concussion, Michael Vick may be our QB now! (He played better than Kolb today, btw).

If Kolb had played all game long, the Packers would have won easily.....IMO.

Vick STILL gives the Packers fits!!

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 12 2010, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2010, 09:04 PM)
Great game so far by the Cowboys!

z7shysterical.gif

They'll be hungry for a win next week against the Bears. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Look out. 10-7 Washington. Lots of time left...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 12 2010, 10:48 PM)
Washington 13 Dallas 7 final. I'd hate to be in bearskin next week. tongue.gif

If the Cowboys keep playing like that, I'll be dead by November. That last penalty was a doozie. It doesn't get worse than that.

If the Jets and/or Ravens had a real QB, they'd be dangerous.

What a pathetic showing for Flacco and Sanchez. Flacco couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for most of the game, and Sanchez has no idea that he has WR's downfield.

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Sep 12 2010, 06:58 PM)
The Bucs game was blacked out locally due to not selling out the game. Wonder if we'll be able to see any of the home games this year??

Well... after week 1 the Bucs have a perfect record. tongue.gif

They said there were more transplanted Browns fans then hometown Bucs fans. Sure did sound and look like it watching it on tv. Another year of low hope... Brownies should of won this game!!! angry.gif

WR braylon edwards of the ny jets was arrested for driving drunk and almost twice the legal limit. how stupid are these players? all they have to do is make a phone call and someone will send a limo or car over to pick them up. the jets are not punishing him but won't let him start the next game. instead he'll come in at a later time during the game. are you kidding me? angry.gif i hope the jets lose every game for the rest of the season and i will root against them every chance i get.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5598872

Edited by ReflectedLight

Pack vs. Da Bears tonight. Most people are putting their money on Chicago automatically, but I will remain cautious. The Green & Gold always play their worst on national TV, and I think the Bears are better than they led people to believe after that horrific game against Detroit. If the Pack's defense shows up this week, I will be much more confident. I guess we'll see what happens!

Go Pack Go!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Sep 27 2010, 11:25 AM)
Pack vs. Da Bears tonight. Most people are putting their money on Chicago automatically, but I will remain cautious. The Green & Gold always play their worst on national TV, and I think the Bears are better than they led people to believe after that horrific game against Detroit. If the Pack's defense shows up this week, I will be much more confident. I guess we'll see what happens!

Go Pack Go!!! 1022.gif

Money on Chicago? Really?

Packers win this one by 2 TDs.

So VERY disappointed with Niners this year and hope this will be a good start to turn it around. I'm all for ball control offence but only if we get the lead with the weapons we have and score first. Coach Raye's system is simply not the answer .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ae...le=HP_headlines

Edited by Test4VitalSigns