The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Jones hopefully not already making excuses for tomorrow...

“I feel like we’ve been getting open but, like I tell everybody all the time, when the Carolina Panthers or the Denver Broncos come in (to work) on Wednesday, they’ve got a check, too,” he said. “You know what I mean? It’s the National Football League, man. You’re not going to be screaming wide open down the field every time. You’re not going to make a perfect throw every time. You’re not going to have a clean pocket every time. It’s a football game, and you’re going to have some plays where you scramble, you’re going to have some plays where you make tough catches, you’re going to have some plays where you’re wide open, you’re going to have some plays where the quarterback uses his legs. It’s a football game. They get paid, too. We’ve been going up against some good defenses, so we’ll keep on getting better, keep chugging away.”

Jones hopefully not already making excuses for tomorrow...

“I feel like we’ve been getting open but, like I tell everybody all the time, when the Carolina Panthers or the Denver Broncos come in (to work) on Wednesday, they’ve got a check, too,” he said. “You know what I mean? It’s the National Football League, man. You’re not going to be screaming wide open down the field every time. You’re not going to make a perfect throw every time. You’re not going to have a clean pocket every time. It’s a football game, and you’re going to have some plays where you scramble, you’re going to have some plays where you make tough catches, you’re going to have some plays where you’re wide open, you’re going to have some plays where the quarterback uses his legs. It’s a football game. They get paid, too. We’ve been going up against some good defenses, so we’ll keep on getting better, keep chugging away.”

Jones is a realist. Being an NFL player. he knows what the media and many fans don't know - that you can work your ass off and give 110% and still LOSE. You can even lose BADLY. Going undefeated is a rare accomplishment for a good reason. Most of the highest rated teams of all time lost a game or two.

What the hell is going on with the Packers?? You're getting trounced by Cam Newton and the panthers!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

no shit. Really pathetic, and it looks like the players don't give a shit

What the hell is going on with the Packers?? You're getting trounced by Cam Newton and the panthers!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

They appear so far to NOT play well on the road....a completely different team.

Their first two road games (wins) were against da Bears and the 49ers. Last week and today are against two of the best teams in the NFL. As any player will tell you, it is HARD to win a road game.

YES, they're getting thumped again, but all is not lost. They should get their injured players back next week, and they play the Lions at home. No time to panic just yet.......

Their first two road games (wins) were against da Bears and the 49ers. Last week and today are against two of the best teams in the NFL. As any player will tell you, it is HARD to win a road game.

YES, they're getting thumped again, but all is not lost. They should get their injured players back next week, and they play the Lions at home. No time to panic just yet.......

who's panicking?

who's panicking?

Right now, I bet lots of Packer fans have gone straight past panic and fully into "Doom & Gloom"......:doh:

who's panicking?

When Pack was 1st and goal on the 7 with a chance to tie, I was. :LOL:

Newton had an off game. Thought our receivers helped him alot today. Defence apllied great pressure and was superb against the run.

Almost choked on it, but a tasty meal none the less. :D

• Like 1

who's panicking?

Right now, I bet lots of Packer fans have gone straight past panic and fully into "Doom & Gloom"......:doh:

odds Rodgers says "Relax" this week? :LOL:

I think the Packers are still the class of the NFC. Rodgers is the best QB in football right now. That matters in January.

They gotta get out of this slump before anything. Two very tough games on the road, but their schedule looks better now.

• Like 1

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 9

Packers 29

Panthers (More than 29)

Nice comeback attempt by the Green & Gold, but it wasn't enough to overcome the HUGE mistakes made in the first half. HUGE breakdowns in defensive coverage, virtually no pass rush, and HUGE breakdowns in blocking by the offensive line. Rodgers won't last the year if he keeps getting pounded like this.

Eddie Lacy, you've been given notice: You're fat, slow, and ineffective. SHAPE UP or GET OUT.

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 9

Packers 29

Panthers (More than 29)

Nice comeback attempt by the Green & Gold, but it wasn't enough to overcome the HUGE mistakes made in the first half. HUGE breakdowns in defensive coverage, virtually no pass rush, and HUGE breakdowns in blocking by the offensive line. Rodgers won't last the year if he keeps getting pounded like this.

Eddie Lacy, you've been given notice: You're fat, slow, and ineffective. SHAPE UP or GET OUT.

That INT was killer. Until I saw the replay, I couldn't figure out how he didn't throw it to Cobb. Hard to see him with those defenders in your face.

I was ok losing to Den, and even ok losing yesterday, but to see the effing Colts do what they did to Denver, a team that made GB look like chumps, really bothered me more than anything :LOL:

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I was ok losing to Den, and even ok losing yesterday, but to see the effing Colts do what they did to Denver, a team that made GB look like chumps, really bothered me more than anything :LOL:

And it was no surprise! The Broncos invested a lot of mental and emotional energy into the game against the Packers. They were dissed by the media and odds makers, so they played a ferocious game and dominated.

Seven days later, they come out flat against a mediocre team. Imagine that.

• Like 2

And it was no surprise! The Broncos invested a lot of mental and emotional energy into the game against the Packers. They were dissed by the media and odds makers, so they played a ferocious game and dominated.

Seven days later, they come out flat against a mediocre team. Imagine that.

Yeah, damn media bias! ;)

Holy shit this game sucks

I haven't been watching this one cause I thought the Packers would stomp the shit out of them, what's happening?

Rodgers missing open receivers, Cobb with a dropped pass. Running game struggling. Lucky it's the Lions, Packers are up 3-0 with 3 minutes left