The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 1

Packers 31

Bears 23

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/cc38794ae49dacd63504058a44bfdb12c717c719/c=0-0-2155-1620&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2015/09/13/WIGroup/GreenBay/635777641553922404-091315-Bears-17.jpg

Making a triumphant return to the Green & Gold, wide receiver JAMES JONES was a major factor in winning this game against the archrival Bears. Jones has apparently not lost any of his outstanding football skills, hauling in two TD passes and making other crucial catches. He is a very welcome re-addition to the Packer offense, which lost superstar WR Jordy Nelson for the year.

The Packers needed every bit of help from Jones and the offense, as an improved Bears team gave them all they could handle. Tough running by Matt Forte and a focused Jay Cutler challenged the Packers' defense all game long. The key play was a brilliant INT of Cutler by Clay Matthews, which sealed the victory. Add to that the usual brilliance of Aaron Rodgers and the hard running of Eddie Lacy, and the Packers returned to Green Bay with a well-deserved WIN!!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/58264219c0c8e7a0395682f6184747ae6c9dc368/c=0-0-1932-1453&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2015/09/13/WIGroup/PackersNews/635777609496537574-GPG-ES-Packers-vs-Bears-09131502167.jpg

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 2

Packers 27

Seahawks 17

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d860018c3fa01f3494d7e930af0d96fecc61b610/c=978-155-2873-1580&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2015/09/20/WIGroup/PackersNews/635783861522120970--ETS-14.jpg

Thanks to a excellent all-around team effort, the Green Bay Packers exorcised a few demons by beating the hated Seahawks on a beautiful fall evening at Lambeau Field. In a tough, injury-marred and penalty-filled game, the Packers prevailed, thanks to the contributions of RB James Starks, rookie WR Ty Montgomery, dynamic DE Jayrone Elliott and many other supporting players.

Aaron Rodgers, with no calf injury to hinder him this time, repeatedly escaped the Seahawks' defensive pressure. Subbing for an injured Eddie Lacy all night, Starks was a workhorse running back, and made crucial runs that kept drives going. Clutch catches by TE Richard Rodgers, WR's Randall Cobb, Ty Montgomery, and of course, the much-welcomed back James Jones kept Seattle's lauded defense frustrated.

Defensively, the Packers took some good punches from QB Russell Wilson and RB Marshawn Lynch, but held their ground with clutch forced punts and two huge takeaways by Jayrone Elliott. Superstar TE Jimmy Graham was almost a non-factor, and Lynch was hounded all game long, only getting one or two big runs. The turning point was Elliott's wonderful one-handed snatch of a Wilson pass at the line-o-scrimmage, which gave the Packers the ball back and set up another score.

A tough game between two tough teams. With the Packers now at 2-0 and the Seahawks at 0-2, will they see each other again in the post-season? Only the future knows.....!!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/5ba188adf1bc79b6a673931eaeead4384d55ac8a/c=0-58-1995-1558&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2015/09/21/WIGroup/PackersNews/635783969526293300--ETS-30.jpg

too many injuries :(

They can handle Lacy being out, as Starks has proven himself a worthy replacement. In some ways, he's better than Lacy. He's faster and has quicker moves. If Adams is out for a while, that will hurt. Boyd is probably out for a while.

too many injuries :(

They can handle Lacy being out, as Starks has proven himself a worthy replacement. In some ways, he's better than Lacy. He's faster and has quicker moves. If Adams is out for a while, that will hurt. Boyd is probably out for a while.

yeah, and after one play when he ran, Rodgers looked a touch slow to get up. I hope nothing comes from that, but it didn't look to affect him at all afterward.

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 3

Packers 38

Chiefs 28

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d7a2d9a508cf4eab7ec0e04203f21e02a76ac9ee/c=0-0-978-1304&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2015/09/29/WIGroup/PackersNews/635791234713695311-ES-55.jpghttp://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/3e1e1c7bf8246a2b39e017b45ebef32a5ee0fb4c/c=0-0-1985-2646&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2015/09/28/WIGroup/PackersNews/635790738887804066--ETS-17.jpg

On a wet and wild Monday Night stage, Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers thrilled the Lambeau Field crowd with masterful performances. Dominating the Kansas City Chiefs for three quarters, the Packers proved to a national audience that the Force is with them. They are a major Super Bowl contender.

Aaron Rodgers......has any QB played better these past few years? He tortured the Chiefs' fierce defense with his arm, his legs, and especially his brain. He caught them offsides for big gains, he avoided their big pass rush, and he dissected their struggling secondary. He is The Master. The Packer passing game may have some injured WR's, but when you have JAMES JONES and RANDALL COBB and a talented rookie Ty Montgomery, you are sitting mighty pretty.

The Packer defense played with an intensity that I haven't seen in a while. They frustrated Alex Smith; they sacked him, chased, him, and forced him to make bad throws. The KC offense couldn not get anything going until the 4th quarter, when it was too late. Props to the Chiefs for not giving up when they were down. They proved that they are a very good team with an offense capable of scoring a lot of points. TE Travis Kelce is a stud player. I wish the Packers had a guy like him.

On to San Francisco, where a struggling 49er team awaits a very hungry Packer defense and a supremely confident MVP quarterback.

NO MERCY, Green & Gold! NO MERCY!!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/5ebbdbdab8be73b8e6da4a8d161569d673180789/c=174-0-1485-986&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2015/09/29/WIGroup/PackersNews/635791234739747478-ES-57.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

As a Chief fan, I say the Chiefs should bow their heads in shame all week. They looked completely unmatched. But, hey, it's my Chiefs.... Champions of the 9-7 record. This is nothing new for me.

Green Bay, on the other hand, is definitely coming out of the gate contending. They thumped a team they should have thumped in a week they could have had a let down after the emotion of the Seahawks "rematch".

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

As a Chief fan, I say the Chiefs should bow their heads in shame all week. They looked completely unmatched. But, hey, it's my Chiefs.... Champions of the 9-7 record. This is nothing new for me.

Green Bay, on the other hand, is definitely coming out of the gate contending. They thumped a team they should have thumped in a week they could have had a let down after the emotion of the Seahawks "rematch".

The Chiefs have a LOT of talent on both sides of the ball. Like every team, their success will ride on their QB's shoulders. Alex Smith must improve his game. It wouldn't hurt if he had some better receivers, too.

In past years, the Packers would have had a letdown after beating an arch-enemy like the Seahawks. Not anymore. This team is too battle-tested and too well-coached. They go week to week, never getting too high or too low.....or so we're led to believe! :LOL:

Haven't been on TRF for quite awhile, but I'm thrilled that the Packers are kicking ass again this season! Go Packers!!

It's always an honor to have Packer fans come here and enjoy my brilliant and eloquent reports on Packer games every week.....

;) ;)

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 4

Packers 17

49ers 3

http://media.jrn.com/images/660*495/b99588365z.1_20151004235200_000_gjkcr5ag.1-1.jpg

Yes, Colin Kaepernick, the Packers haven't forgotten you. They let you know in a very clear and painful way today, on your own field! The Packer defense made the 49er quarterback pay for his big plays against the Green & Gold in past years. The 49er offense was stymied, Kaepernick was sacked six times, and new star RB Carlos Hyde was a non-factor.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packer offense withstood a very good effort by the 49er defense. Making just enough plays to build a good lead, the offense enjoyed letting the defense have all the limelight today. The Packers needed a game like this, as it enabled them to see that they can win a low-scoring, smashmouth defensive game. They don't have to put up 40+' points every week to win.

All they have to do is WIN.....by three points or thirty. All that matters is that the Packers are 4-0.....!!

• Like 2

I noticed a couple time when Crappynick ran with the ball, the defender took a second to react due to the fake handoff. The QB is still considered a "ball runner" even without the ball if carrying out a fake... Loved to see Clay nail him after the handoff near the end of the game. Took awhile, but it was about time :)
  • Like 1

The Chiefs have a LOT of talent on both sides of the ball. Like every team, their success will ride on their QB's shoulders. Alex Smith must improve his game. It wouldn't hurt if he had some better receivers, too.

In past years, the Packers would have had a letdown after beating an arch-enemy like the Seahawks. Not anymore. This team is too battle-tested and too well-coached. They go week to week, never getting too high or too low.....or so we're led to believe! :LOL:

There main problem,

Is the offensive line. They lead the league in sacks allowed.

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 4

Packers 17

49ers 3

http://media.jrn.com/images/660*495/b99588365z.1_20151004235200_000_gjkcr5ag.1-1.jpg

Yes, Colin Kaepernick, the Packers haven't forgotten you. They let you know in a very clear and painful way today, on your own field! The Packer defense made the 49er quarterback pay for his big plays against the Green & Gold in past years. The 49er offense was stymied, Kaepernick was sacked six times, and new star RB Carlos Hyde was a non-factor.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packer offense withstood a very good effort by the 49er defense. Making just enough plays to build a good lead, the offense enjoyed letting the defense have all the limelight today. The Packers needed a game like this, as it enabled them to see that they can win a low-scoring, smashmouth defensive game. They don't have to put up 40+' points every week to win.

All they have to do is WIN.....by three points or thirty. All that matters is that the Packers are 4-0.....!!

They need a different QB for sure.

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/10-October/temp151004-packers-49ers-26--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

You ain't Russell Wilson, bro!!

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Gonna be up there for FIRST TIME Oct. 18th to watch the Chargers game. Our kid starts at center for them, so if you see a bunch of people wearing #65 Watt jerseys, don't waste your beer throwing it at us! lol

I completely respect GB, and am more excited about Lambeau and flying in a private jet than seeing the Chargers. If you are at the game come say hi to the short bald guy Rush Fan.

Gonna be up there for FIRST TIME Oct. 18th to watch the Chargers game. Our kid starts at center for them, so if you see a bunch of people wearing #65 Watt jerseys, don't waste your beer throwing it at us! lol

I completely respect GB, and am more excited about Lambeau and flying in a private jet than seeing the Chargers. If you are at the game come say hi to the short bald guy Rush Fan.

The chances of Packer fans being rude to you are very small. If they are aware that your son is a player, they will be totally cool with you.

There are always a few morons at the game, but the vast majority of Lambeau fans are far more likely to buy you a beer and talk football. Lambeau Field is a GREAT place to be. :ebert:

• Like 1