The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 11

Packers 30

Vikings 13

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/93315c10588b244aff6d32c2dc16c257027aa208/c=0-33-1475-2000&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2015/11/22/WIGroup/PackersNews/635838227241159171-GPG-ES-Packers-vs-Vikings-11.22.1501326.jpghttp://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/host.madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/3f/33f6c5c5-bfb8-5589-9f3a-f6579c00babb/5652f53bbbf74.image.jpg

In a pivotal game for control of the NFC North/Norris Division, the Green Bay Packers exhibited a LOT of character, intensity, and good ol' fashioned ass-kicking football against their archrivals, the Minnesota Vikings. This huge win gave the Packers the upper hand in the battle for the Division, with both teams now being 7-3.

Not only did the Packers win on the Vikings' own turf, but they punished Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater for daring to think that they had taken over the division. Sacking, hitting and chasing Bridgewater all game long, the fired-up Packer defense also stuffed Peterson for minimal gains and a critical lost fumble.

Aaron Rodgers and his offense, targets of much deserved criticism over the last three weeks, took a huge step forward by making big plays when they needed them on against a very good Viking defense. Most important was the return of EDDIE LACY, who looked like his old self by pounding and gashing for good runs most of the day. Mason Crosby, heartbroken after flubbing a game-winning kick last week, responded with FIVE field goals to keep the Packers in control of the game.

Overall, the attitude and intensity of the team were vastly improved. "Where was this last week? And the week before that?" .....fans and media critics are likely asking. We will never know. Football is a crazy, crazy game....... :crazy: :crazy:

Next Up: Thanksgiving Night against da Bears. A day for giving thanks, a day for retiring #4, and a day for getting that 8th win of the year.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/host.madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/f1/8f1afe49-1461-5ac0-8005-520aa1e22dd3/5652f53be134b.image.jpghttp://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/708434112dd47bcaa7c902d619017341461ca0b6/c=266-0-1766-2000&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2015/11/22/WIGroup/PackersNews/635838244189107811-GPG-ES-Packers-vs-Vikings-11.22.1501138.jpg

• Like 1

Damn fine write up.

Hopefully that embarrassing loss to the Lions was a kick in the ass. Rodgers looked different, he had that intensity in his eyes that I did not see the last 2 weeks. It was nice to see the D show up and make AP look like Lynch instead of Forte. :)

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 11

Packers 30

Vikings 13

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/93315c10588b244aff6d32c2dc16c257027aa208/c=0-33-1475-2000&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2015/11/22/WIGroup/PackersNews/635838227241159171-GPG-ES-Packers-vs-Vikings-11.22.1501326.jpghttp://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/host.madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/3f/33f6c5c5-bfb8-5589-9f3a-f6579c00babb/5652f53bbbf74.image.jpg

In a pivotal game for control of the NFC North/Norris Division, the Green Bay Packers exhibited a LOT of character, intensity, and good ol' fashioned ass-kicking football against their archrivals, the Minnesota Vikings. This huge win gave the Packers the upper hand in the battle for the Division, with both teams now being 7-3.

Not only did the Packers win on the Vikings' own turf, but they punished Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater for daring to think that they had taken over the division. Sacking, hitting and chasing Bridgewater all game long, the fired-up Packer defense also stuffed Peterson for minimal gains and a critical lost fumble.

Aaron Rodgers and his offense, targets of much deserved criticism over the last three weeks, took a huge step forward by making big plays when they needed them on against a very good Viking defense. Most important was the return of EDDIE LACY, who looked like his old self by pounding and gashing for good runs most of the day. Mason Crosby, heartbroken after flubbing a game-winning kick last week, responded with FIVE field goals to keep the Packers in control of the game.

Overall, the attitude and intensity of the team were vastly improved. "Where was this last week? And the week before that?" .....fans and media critics are likely asking. We will never know. Football is a crazy, crazy game....... :crazy: :crazy:

Next Up: Thanksgiving Night against da Bears. A day for giving thanks, a day for retiring #4, and a day for getting that 8th win of the year.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/host.madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/f1/8f1afe49-1461-5ac0-8005-520aa1e22dd3/5652f53be134b.image.jpghttp://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/708434112dd47bcaa7c902d619017341461ca0b6/c=266-0-1766-2000&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2015/11/22/WIGroup/PackersNews/635838244189107811-GPG-ES-Packers-vs-Vikings-11.22.1501138.jpg

Shouldn't it be like this?

Vikings 13

Packers more the 13

Vikings 13

Packers more than 13

Absolutely not! :no: When the Packers win, I post the full score. When they lose, I defiantly refuse to post the other team's score. I'm just too mad to be fair and balanced..... :LOL:

• Like 1

Rodgers looked different, he had that intensity in his eyes that I did not see the last 2 weeks.

It's not a criticism, but Rodgers' demeanor on the field is usually upbeat, happy, joking around. Yesterday, he and his offense played with a mean streak......and it was good to see!

Vikings 13

Packers more than 13

Absolutely not! :no: When the Packers win, I post the full score. When they lose, I defiantly refuse to post the other team's score. I'm just too mad to be fair and balanced..... :LOL:

Yeah I thought that's what it was. :LOL:

• Like 1

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

After a 6-game win streak to start the season, the Packers have lost 4 out of their last 5 games, and now stand at a frustrating 7-4. They've also lost two NFC North division games on their own turf......to mediocre teams like the Lions and Bears.

Is there anything that can save this team? It's not the play-calling, in my opinion. Players are simply not performing. Way too many bad routes, dropped passes, fumbles, missed blocks, and missed opportunities on defense.

It's just a game.....[repeat after me]....it's just a game...... :eh: :eh: :eh:

Edited by Principled Man

Might be the worst team to ever go 6-0. Losing to the Lions and Bears at home, gonna make the last game interesting. Seems like the Packers like shitting the bed against division foes at home this year.

Oh, and PM - you left off TERRIBLE officiating

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Ed Hochuli and his crew of buffoons screw up every single game that they do. They screwed the Packers and Bears all game long. They simply don't know what they're doing. They don't know what "illegal contact" is, nor do they know what an "offensive pick" is.

That said, the Packers should have won the game - regardless of the idiot refs. They had many opportunities to put the game away. When you can't run for a yard to get a first down, when you can't catch a ball right in your hands, when you can't hold onto the football, and when you can't even rattle JAY CUTLER, then you deserve to lose.

Ed Hochuli and his crew of buffoons screw up every single game that they do. They screwed the Packers and Bears all game long. They simply don't know what they're doing. They don't know what "illegal contact" is, nor do they know what an "offensive pick" is.

That said, the Packers should have won the game - regardless of the idiot refs. They had many opportunities to put the game away. When you can't run for a yard to get a first down, when you can't catch a ball right in your hands, when you can't hold onto the football, and when you can't even rattle JAY CUTLER, then you deserve to lose.

Those refs were absolute garbage. If the weather wasn't as bad as it was we probably would've seen Cutler bring out his rocket arm towards the end zone and it would've been Fail Mary: Episode II.

With that, though, on paper the Packers held every advantage over the Bears and should've won. Especially after running over the Vikings last week. At least twice last night they almost got the sack on Cutler but he was able to take one step over and suddenly the defense had no answers to the play. In addition to the dropped passes (from both sides) I saw lots of miscommunication on the Packers. Methinks the Packers will still win the division if they can continue to hold off the Vikings - because the Bears are at least a year off from being a contender and the Lions are the Lions - but they got some soul searching to do if they don't want to get knocked out of the postseason in the first round.

Might be the worst team to ever go 6-0. Losing to the Lions and Bears at home, gonna make the last game interesting. Seems like the Packers like shitting the bed against division foes at home this year.

The 2009 Denver Broncos would like a word with you.

Those refs were absolute garbage. If the weather wasn't as bad as it was we probably would've seen Cutler bring out his rocket arm towards the end zone and it would've been Fail Mary: Episode II.

With that, though, on paper the Packers held every advantage over the Bears and should've won. Especially after running over the Vikings last week. At least twice last night they almost got the sack on Cutler but he was able to take one step over and suddenly the defense had no answers to the play. In addition to the dropped passes (from both sides) I saw lots of miscommunication on the Packers. Methinks the Packers will still win the division if they can continue to hold off the Vikings - because the Bears are at least a year off from being a contender and the Lions are the Lions - but they got some soul searching to do if they don't want to get knocked out of the postseason in the first round.

Bears are 1-0 with the new avatar!

Against my favorite team to beat, too! :haz:

The rest of the schedule looks pretty good. Next week we get the 49ers at Soldier Field and it'd be nice to see the Bears beat the shit out of them like they did the Rams.

After that...

Redskins

@ Vikings

@ Bucs

Lions

I think after beating SF they can go 3-1 in that stretch (I don't think they'll beat the Vikings at home) and finish out 9-7. For Fox's first year after they went 5-11 last year, I'd be happy with that.

The rest of the schedule looks pretty good. Next week we get the 49ers at Soldier Field and it'd be nice to see the Bears beat the shit out of them like they did the Rams.

After that...

Redskins

@ Vikings

@ Bucs

Lions

I think after beating SF they can go 3-1 in that stretch (I don't think they'll beat the Vikings at home) and finish out 9-7. For Fox's first year after they went 5-11 last year, I'd be happy with that.

hey dickhead, read the title of this thread!

After that...

Redskins

@ Vikings

@ Bucs

Lions

hey dickhead, read the title of this thread!

goose started it! :LOL:

• Like 1

goose's poetry thread made me thing of this poem from Randy Wright.... :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZMncuji-Ic

Ah, Randy Wright....too bad he couldn't beat Dickey out for the head QB job...

Local weatherman must be a big football fan, he said that it looks like snow is falling in Detroit, but should be out of there by kickoff tomorrow, so no issues with the game.

I REALLY hope he was talking about parking :LOL:

2015 Green Bay Packers Season: Week 13

Packers 27

Lions 23

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/12-December/temp151203-packers-lions-3-14--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/12-December/temp151203-packers-lions-3-30--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/12-December/temp151203-packers-lions-3-33--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/12-December/temp151203-packers-lions-3-39--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://media.jrn.com/images/660*441/b99627537z.1_20151204004937_000_ggcdk0cr.1-0.jpg

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one...

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/12-December/temp151203-packers-lions-3-14--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

I have had that happen to me before in baseball - Made a catch, went to throw the ball in and another outfielder (who was also coming in to make the catch) got in the exact right place so my throwing motion caught him in the armpit. To have your arm stop instantly when all your muscles are working on something else hurts like hell. I was impressed it didn't do any noticeable damage to Stafford, I had a partial pectoral tear that took a couple months to heal.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

“I’ll just say this – at least our guy really caught the ball.”

-- Mike McCarthy

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 1