An Official NASA Response-A few hours ago

krlowe

QUOTE (SilverSurfer @ Aug 31 2010, 04:39 PM)
Justice!

Quoted... simply because Silver Surfer rules!

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 30 2010, 11:15 PM)
It's not like NASA has more important things to work on than a petty internet flamewar...

Actually, they will be having more time on their hands. They are shutting the shuttle program down after the next 2 (or three if approved) flights. I know, I am one of the contractor employees being let go!

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 31 2010, 01:02 AM)
Personally, I would LOVE to see Rush in the "Wake-Up" spot, but I wish it was a song other than Countdown. I mean, it's not a bad song, but compared to other Rush songs, this one is CRAP!! I would vote for Tom Sawyer before this song...

So, I cast my vote (more than once, mind you) but come on! Do I REALLY care that a Rush song wakes up the astronauts?

No, not really...let the f@cking Trekkies have this one...I know that RUSH is still going strong and Star Trek, well...they are a dying breed.

I know what you mean, however the songs they have up for vote were used on previous flights, so that's what we get.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 3 2010, 12:27 AM)
Isn't it cheating if you vote more than once anyways?  Just seems like the other group was more efficient.

If he was to use the procedure to vote, sure . . .

I have voted about 20 times yes.gif

He bragged about bypassing the security code & put in 60,000 votes in like a hour ! dazed025.gif

He did this to both Star trek song & magic carpet over & over new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Fair is Fair, IF NASA doesn't or can't do anything

We need some one here to figure out how to manipulated the voting like he did & basically, Out Cheat the Trekie's

comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

I like Trek, but Countdown has to be played.

They should disqualify Steppenwolf and make a big sign about how this guy cheated and that's who they should all go hunt down and take it out on.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 3 2010, 08:58 AM)
I thought the majority of Rush fans were in essence trekkies and anime fans.

No. I couldn't care less about a show that was cancelled in the sixties or multiple iterations of it in the 90's.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 3 2010, 07:58 AM)

Although a tad on the educated/non-moutbreather side of the spectrum I would hardly call myself any of that. Suffice it to say if those words were uttered in my presence we just might have a bit of a problem.

banghead.gif

Besides that - Countdown not only being one of the best RUSH songs ever it was actually written for NASA. The Star Trek Theme? Who gives a shit really....

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 3 2010, 04:58 AM)

I like Star Trek, But come on. Rush is above the Prime Directive in every way. yes.gif

And anyway, if Countdown wasn't in the poll, i'd either be voting for Here Comes The Sun or The Star Wars Theme.

I can't stand that old Star Trek theme; it's soooo dated. Use TNG's or Voyager's theme for christ's sake.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 3 2010, 11:11 AM)

No. I couldn't care less about a show that was cancelled in the sixties or multiple iterations of it in the 90's.

I admit liking some of the early Trek movies,( maybe two) never liked tv series or it's many off spins. And hate anime, but i know there's a grain of truth with the Star Trek/Rush connnection cause there are TRF members who do like Trek and anime. I think the stereotype geek cliche is funny, but not altogether true.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 3 2010, 12:11 PM)

Me either. For one thing, I have a sex life, live in a home that I own instead of mom's basement, and there's not a single polyester item in my wardrobe.

Archived