Clockwork Angels Tour

Greetings and Salutations!

I've been looking (without success) for an official statement from either the band or their promoters regarding a tour once Clockwork Angels is released. It's a good bet that they will tour to support the new album, but ya just never know.....

Anyone have any news?

Thanks smile.gif

Well Ged and Alex have both said they plan to follow the reease with a more extensive tour. As far as officially saying anything, we probably wont hear until this tour is done and CA is close to release. A lot of logistics go into planning the tours, so announcing anything right now would be pretty pointless.

If Geddy and Alex said it, then that's official enough for me!

The waiting will be painful....as always....

trink39.gif

As far as I know the new album won't be out until next year. There will definitely be another tour once that happens biggrin.gif

I think they're just doing this tour now for fun. Which is cool because the more opportunities I have to see Rush the better life is but also the thinner my wallet gets laugh.gif

I may be wrong, but I think they haven't officially announced it because there's no exact date for the release of "ClockAnge" yet. They haven't even finished composing the whole thing, from what I read in their interviews.

No but you can already start complaining about the set list if you like?

Set 1

Clockwork Angels (Entire)

Set 2

Limelight

Freewill

The Camera Eye

Middletown Dreams

Cut to the Chase

YYZ

Drum Solo

Broon's Bane/ The Trees

2112 Overture/ Temples

Jacob's Ladder

Xanadu

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawer

The Spirit of Radio

I actually would be happy with that set list! Granted that Clockwork Angels kicks @ss! Like I think it will!

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 4 2010, 09:49 PM)

I never complain about the set list. It's THEIR music, and they will play whatever they want.

We're so frickin' lucky that they're still recording and touring at their age....and at a high performance level, too. We should all be on our knees chanting THANK YOU over and over again.....

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Set 1

Clockwork Angels (Entire)

Set 2

Limelight
Freewill
The Camera Eye
Middletown Dreams
Cut to the Chase
YYZ
Drum Solo
Broon's Bane/ The Trees
2112 Overture/ Temples
Jacob's Ladder
Xanadu

Encore:

Far Cry
Tom Sawer
The Spirit of Radio

I actually would be happy with that set list! Granted that Clockwork Angels kicks @ss! Like I think it will!

1022.gif

I cant wait for the new album. It will be the first Rush album I bought in the first week of release

QUOTE (GreedHasNoConscience @ Aug 6 2010, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 3 2010, 07:56 PM)

I think they're just doing this tour now for fun.

No, their doing this tour for money yes.gif

Yeeees...I dunno about Alex and Geddy, but Neil has been quite clear in his books about how much he hates touring, it's just something he HAS to do.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 5 2010, 02:49 AM)
Broon's Bane/ The Trees

Now that I would love to see...but I doubt it

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 6 2010, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (GreedHasNoConscience @ Aug 6 2010, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 3 2010, 07:56 PM)

I think they're just doing this tour now for fun.

No, their doing this tour for money yes.gif

Yeeees...I dunno about Alex and Geddy, but Neil has been quite clear in his books about how much he hates touring, it's just something he HAS to do.

Do you really blame him? He makes a good point, about not wanting to leave his family. I felt bad for him when his little girl ran to her mother because she didn't know who he was.

I wouldn't want to be alienated either.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 5 2010, 02:55 PM)

I never complain about the set list. It's THEIR music, and they will play whatever they want.

We're so frickin' lucky that they're still recording and touring at their age....and at a high performance level, too. We should all be on our knees chanting THANK YOU over and over again.....

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Unfortunately, your attitude (which I share wholeheartedly) seems to represent about 15% of the folks who post in this forum.

eh.gif

QUOTE (New World Manny @ Aug 7 2010, 07:29 AM)

Unfortunately, your attitude (which I share wholeheartedly) seems to represent about 15% of the folks who post in this forum.

eh.gif

Rock band fanatics are like sports fanatics; we tend to play "armchair quarterback"! laugh.gif It's just human nature, so I don't let it bother me....most of the time.

I live in PackerLand, and I can see the similarities between Rush fans and Packer fans. The fanaticism is amazing. So many of us think we know which plays to call, who to start or cut, who to trade, which free agent to sign, yada yada yada. Win or lose, the team is going to play THEIR game, they're gonna do it THEIR way, and if we fans don't like it, well, too bad!

Ya simply can't run your team according to the whims of the fans. Well, KISS can do that, but that's a different story..... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 3 2010, 06:46 PM)

Don't believe a word out of Al's mouth laugh.gif

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Aug 7 2010, 12:18 PM)
what a silly thing to say about Neil and his kid, kid's at that age can barely remember to go poopie never mind know who they are looking at

...says someone who clearly doesn't have kids.

Trust me, they're well aware of their parents a lot younger than his daughter was in that story. By the time they're mobile, they're very aware.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 8 2010, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 3 2010, 06:46 PM)

Don't believe a word out of Al's mouth laugh.gif

Indeed. Al still thinks they're in it for all the chicks..... dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

Dude, I could not agree more with you. I'd almost use the word "blessed" in how fortunate we ALL are that they are still creating new music AND touring. As long as they're performing, I'll go to see them and be thankful for whatever songs they care to play. If I had to guess, this tour is a "shake out the cobwebs and get some inspiration" tour; it's only 3-months long. When Clockwork Angels comes out next year, I'm sure there'll be a much longer tour. After that, I can envision the day where their "tours" become the kind where they'll play maybe 10 or 15 large cities for 2-3 days at a time instead of a show every other day like it is for this one.

Just a guess, though.