Chris Langone's Explanation

chrislangone

QUOTE (spacement @ Jul 13 2010, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (tel @ Jul 13 2010, 02:53 AM)
despite what the smallprint says how many on here think that a refund policy should be introduced?
ive been in sales all my adult life and if i sell goods or services which are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE then the seller must first be offered the opportunity to correct the situation and secondly a refund should be forthcoming,granted a rescheduled date has been arranged but chris cant go to it therefore his tickets are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

GIVE HIM HIS DOUGH!

As has been mentioned throughout this thread, had Chris purchased his tickets through the official Live Nation outlet, Ticketmaster, he would have his refund (just face value).

StubHub is a hi-tech ticket scalping company owned by Ebay that brokers deals. Wether you purchase tickets from the guy standing outside a concert hawking tickets or through StubHub, you are taking a risk.

His lawsuit should be directed at StubHub and StubHub only. Rush rescheduled the date within one week of canceling the show. The promoters Live Nation and their ticket agent Ticketmaster are honoring old tickets for the new date or allowing for a refund from place of purchase. StubHub is the only company not allowing for a refund and they appear to be the only ones not named in the lawsuit? confused13.gif

Note to self: Never, EVER buy tickets through Stub Hub no.gif

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jul 13 2010, 11:58 AM)
Note to self: Never, EVER buy tickets through Stub Hub no.gif

I don't think there's anything wrong with StubHub, although I wish most people would sell tix a lot closer to retail price. That said, I think that going through StubHub would still have worked in this situation, had the ticket been purchased for a closer - and indoor - venue. I have no issue buying a reasonably priced ticket from them for a local venue in which I'm only out my driving time if the show is rescheduled. I wouldn't chance an outdoor show for which I need to fly or do other excessive travel.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 12 2010, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2010, 09:58 PM)
You know, I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here today.  I'm not sure what that lesson is, but I'm confident that we've all learned it, and for now, that is enough. yes.gif

Lessons are made to be ignored.

Everyday we get out of bed is a risk.

Who gives a shit about a cancelled show. Shit happens.

If both shows are cancelled at Red Rocks this August because of lightning and thunder, do you really think we would run back to our hotel and pout and sue a band for our money back?

Waste of time.

Wendy and I will still enjoy being in Denver.

"Time Stand Still!"

Time to move on..................

You know I'd be throwing a party for everyone who missed the shows. You called in the middle of the last party I had for that very reason. You just make the best of a bad situation. biggrin.gif Hot tub (sans time machine) anyone?

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jul 13 2010, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Jul 13 2010, 03:31 PM)
Do you ever wonder if Alex or Geddy ever joined, disguised as Rush fans, interact some, just to be silly and have a giggle?

Judging by Alex's obvious sense of humour and general goofiness, I'd be amazed if he hadn't. Maybe not this board but somewhere.....

(apologies - going off topic and has been discussed in other threads)

Kroy Wen on Cp is thought to be Neil and of course Michael Mosbach is Praetorian, haven't heard from either lately.

I want to comment on a couple things:

- I never understand why folks have to reply that a thread has gone on "too long". These folks are the main reason otherwise useful threads go downhill. Please just stop reading go away.

- Don't purchase from STUBHUB if you absolutely MUST see a show. I don't buy Rush tickets from STUBHUB. You can get a refund from them if the tickets are double-sold, but that probably means you missed the show.

- In principle, I agree with Chris's lawsuit. He should have been given the option to get a full refund for tickets. This may not reflect reality in every case, but I feel this option should be given for ANY cancellation or for rescheduling a show. My feeling is that a ticket is a contract to attend a show on a given date. If the terms of the contract are broken (ie date change), the customer should have the right to nullify the contract and get his/her money refunded. The customer should NOT have to bear the burden of a scheduling change that occurs due to factors way beyond their control. Rush Mgmt, the venue or ticketing agency, on the other hand, together have control over the decision. Who should bear the burden? Hard for me to say. Maybe Rush Mgmt for scheduling outdoor concerts, maybe the venue for being ill-equipped to deal with weather. But it should NOT be the poor soul who purchases the ticket. The unfortunate part of this, however, is that they would ultimately have to pass these costs onto the consumer in some form. Regardless, I agree with the lawsuit. Thank you Chris and good luck!!!

Edited by GernTheFish

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 13 2010, 12:47 PM)
Who should bear the burden?  Hard for me to say.  Maybe Rush Mgmt for scheduling outdoor concerts, maybe the venue for being ill-equipped to deal with weather.

If this were the case, no bands would play outdoor venues and all the outdoor venues would shut down. We'd get to see all our concerts in hockey arenas and the like. No thanks. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

If you buy a ticket for an outdoor concert, especially a venue with no cover like Charter One, you need to live with the chance that the show might be rescheduled.

Edited by PariahDog

"StubHub is the only company not being sued in Chris' lawsuit. Where's the logic?"

Answer: There is no logic. Zero. Zilcho. Nada. There is only a cry of "ME, ME, ME!" and a lack of explanations or answers to questions like yours by Chris himself (despite claims he wanted to discuss this matter and presumably "clear" his name.)

It's too late, though, and Chris' 15 minutes of fame was unfortunately made by his going after damages from a rock band who did nothing more than eliminate the chance of hurting expensive gear and/or themselves. That's it. Congrats Chris! You're a somebody now! You should be proud of yourself. Hope your future employers don't ...uhhh... Google your name when looking at you to be their potential partner! Doh! applaudit.gif

A note to Chris: It might be helpful if you use spellcheck particularly when using words like "intellectually" when you want people to take you seriously. Credibility takes a while to gain but only a moment to lose...

Good luck with your studies and sorry for picking on you like this, but you had it coming. You should know better as a law student and perhaps a lawyer not to talk about a case publicly such as a forum like this one. I think your professors would cringe if you told them what you've done.

Anything you want to say at this point? How's the lawsuit coming? Can we be friends? I sincerely hope I haven't made an enemy here. Just discussing a legal issue which i find interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us...

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 13 2010, 04:37 PM)
He certainly has made a name for himself! 

Chris Langone is the new Solaris Blueraven.  ph34r.gif

Results 1 - 10 of about 50,200 for chris langone sues rush. (0.57 seconds)
Search Results

Let's be fair, now. You only turn up those results if you're already searching for him suing Rush. If you just search his name, only 2 out of 11 links on the first page are about the suit. I don't know the guy, but I'm willing to bet there's more to him than this suit, and you'll get less results regarding it if you're not specifically searching for it.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 13 2010, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 13 2010, 04:35 PM)
i'm watching a video of her right now.

Be sure to wear your tinfoil hat or Neil will know. ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

i probably should. jeez. this chick's whacked!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 13 2010, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 13 2010, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 13 2010, 04:35 PM)
i'm watching a video of her right now.

Be sure to wear your tinfoil hat or Neil will know. ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

i probably should. jeez. this chick's whacked!

There've been a million threads about her... wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

As it turns out, I'm getting my money back! Got an email today from tic-bastard giving me the option of a re-schedule, or a refund. I'm going for a refund in case my friend and I can't both swing the time off for a re-schedule. If we can, I'll buy new tix, and we'll try this again. If not, I'll just wait for Rush to come to Indy next year. Depending on the venue, it would be less than an hour's drive, which I would prefer anyway. I guess the question of why they aren't coming to Indy this time around is a topic for another thread...confused13.gif

Btw, Chris, I believe if you pursue this action it will cost you far more than it's worth, even if you win, which IMHO seems unlikely. If I had known this place had no roof, I wouldn't have bought my tix in the first place... no.gif

Moral of the story; buy your tix direct, no middle-men...

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 13 2010, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jul 13 2010, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Jul 13 2010, 03:31 PM)
Do you ever wonder if Alex or Geddy ever joined, disguised as Rush fans, interact some, just to be silly and have a giggle?

Judging by Alex's obvious sense of humour and general goofiness, I'd be amazed if he hadn't. Maybe not this board but somewhere.....

(apologies - going off topic and has been discussed in other threads)

Kroy Wen on Cp is thought to be Neil and of course Michael Mosbach is Praetorian, haven't heard from either lately.

I did not know this. *makes the trek over to CP for some reading*