Incorrectly air drumming

QUOTE (Dax @ Jul 8 2010, 04:04 PM)
Air anything is gay. They play the music, if you want to play along, do so in your own home.

I absolutely HATE when anyone plays along.

yeah, um no.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 8 2010, 04:12 PM)
Air anything is gay.  They play the music, if you want to play along, do so in your own home.

Boy do you suck.

Your one of those arms folded guys at the shows aren't ya. laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 8 2010, 05:53 PM)
as long as people aren't air Key-taring, everything's fine.

If someone did that, I might just kill them. That should be a rule: No Key-taring at a Rush show or you will be mercilessly killed by Geddy, Alex and Neil together!!!

Edited by mong82191

I lip-synch sometimes. (Because my voice is atrocious, even to my ears). Does that count?

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:13 PM)
I wonder how many people you see air-keyboarding

I was at a Dream Theater show about 10 years ago and some guy was air keyboarding like he was Liberace....I thought he was the corniest dweeb I had ever seen....but now that I think about it...I'll bet people who don't do air guitar or air drumming think the same about me when I do air guitar and drums.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 8 2010, 06:12 PM)
Air anything is gay.  They play the music, if you want to play along, do so in your own home.

Boy do you suck.

Your one of those arms folded guys at the shows aren't ya. laugh.gif

For sure

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/LOLskate.gif

Sometimes I have air drumming moments of brilliance and other times I'm way off, but I never just flail my arms like a moron! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Dax @ Jul 8 2010, 05:04 PM)

Man do I wish I was sitting next to you at my next Rush concert!!! I would serenade you with the gay fest of your life!!!!!! NeilFinal.gif

spit6ph.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by tick

I actually find it a little embarrassing to watch guys air drum that you can tell are very good at it because they either know the songs very well, or are drummers themselves.

Its like going to a karaoke bar and watching someone that is actually a good singer, its very awkward. Its fun to go an watch crappy singers.

Same at rush shows for me. I dont mind when people flail their arms around just having a good time, but when I see that one guy that I can tell is doing it right its just kind of sad to see, since he doesnt have a real drumset there, and will never be neil peart. The guy that doesnt know what he's doing doesnt give a shit, he just wants to watch rush and have a great time. I dont mind that at all.

"really? Is there actually someone out there who is such an extreme snob that they get pissed off by someone not playing an AIR instrument the "right" way? I guess it's likely there is, but I never want to meet that person."

"Our fans are really something else"

Geddy Lee

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 8 2010, 04:37 PM)

If someone did that, I might just kill them. That should be a rule: No Key-taring at a Rush show or you will be mercilessly killed by Geddy, Alex and Neil together!!!

And Rick Wakeman and Gary Wright.

And me.

smile.gif

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jul 8 2010, 07:28 PM)
"really? Is there actually someone out there who is such an extreme snob that they get pissed off by someone not playing an AIR instrument the "right" way? I guess it's likely there is, but I never want to meet that person."

"Our fans are really something else"

Geddy Lee

I guess so.

But I would never presume to play air drumkit, air bass, or air guitar---as I do not play those instruments.

However, I am all over air keyboards of any variety, air African/Middle Eastern percussion and air classical grand Salvi Electra harp, as I do play those instruments.

I'm one freak b!tch on the zills, yo. smile.gif

QUOTE (TwoOneOneTwo @ Jul 8 2010, 09:43 PM)

And me.

smile.gif

uhhhh who the hell are they if i might ask?

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:55 PM)

And me.

smile.gif

I hope you are kidding.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jul 8 2010, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:55 PM)

And me.

smile.gif

I hope you are kidding.

Don't kick my ass but sadly I'm not kidding.

Rick Wakeman is the keyboard virtuoso of Yes ( with all due respect to Tony Kaye). Wakeman has several solo projects and his son Oliver now plays with Yes.

Gary Wright ( not to be confused with Richard Wright, Pink Floyd's keyboardist ) is of 'Dream Weaver' and 'Love Is Alive' fame.

I'm totally that person air drumming and not knowing what the hell I'm doing. I don't play drums or guitar -- and never have -- so I wing it and make an ass of myself.

However, air-keyboards? I'm all over it. 7 years of piano as a youngin' afforded me to learn how to play Subdivisions yes.gif