What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Spending the day with my awesome nephew and getting this good a shot of him with only one real try!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/geddysmullet/thiskid_zps25d94b93.jpeg

• Like 3

My youngest has nicked my CD of 2112 and is playing it very loudly in his room :)

Make sure he has an appreciation for side 2...... :madra:

I certainly will.

• Like 2

Yesterday one of the machines at work broke down, so this morning I feared a major setback. Luckily the machine was working today. I've had this feeling that whenever I turn my back on any of the machines something goes wrong, and one of them have been repaired a couple of times after I started. My supervisor kept telling me that it have worked flawlessly, and I wasn't sure if there was something between the lines, but today it broke down while he used it, so that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I was tempted to say "told you so" :P

Just got back from an 11-hour road trip back home from my vacation in Kentucky. :ebert:

I......am.......WIPED OUT.......and I even took my time coming home.... :doh:

And yet, I am SAD..... :( My friends and cousins and their wonderful children & grandchildren (ages 5 months to high school) give me nothing but joy and affection. THEY MAKE ME WANT TO MOVE BACK...... :o

Currently hanging out on the back deck of my brother-in-law's house out in the country in the Sierra foothills. It is gorgeous here, and this is a place where they actually get summer (unlike my home town :( ).
  • Like 1

Currently hanging out on the back deck of my brother-in-law's house out in the country in the Sierra foothills. It is gorgeous here, and this is a place where they actually get summer (unlike my home town :( ).

Their is some trout fishing in those parts!! :D

Don't you have warm summers in San Fran?

AM dentist appointment and the afternoon off.

Gave the lad a haircut.

A final training run before Sunday's half-marathon.

Seahwaks-Packers and a beer with the in-laws via skype.

Homemade dutch apple pie for dessert. (Wifey :heart: )

• Like 2

Sadly, no. We will get a warm day here and there, but most days are in the 60sF, and there is often fog. Our best time of year is usually September -October, although the last few years our Januarys have been very warm (as in t-shirt weather).

Sadly, no. We will get a warm day here and there, but most days are in the 60sF, and there is often fog. Our best time of year is usually September -October, although the last few years our Januarys have been very warm (as in t-shirt weather).

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. :cool: Mark Twain

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

AM dentist appointment and the afternoon off.

Gave the lad a haircut.

A final training run before Sunday's half-marathon.

Seahwaks-Packers and a beer with the in-laws via skype.

Homemade dutch apple pie for dessert. (Wifey :heart: )

How awesome was that game!! GO HAWKS! Kickin' butt.

I think it's all the coffee we got over here.

I bought a used XBox One for $300 on Wednesday. Yesterday I found out the disc drive doesn't work, so I contacted Microsoft, and I have to send them this XBox and they'll send me a new one. $300 for a brand new XBox that retails for $500. Go Me.

The simplest thing. It rained a good amount this morning and it was steady. My grass and flowers must have been as surprised as I was. I have watering by hand the last 2 weeks as we have had no rain and hot humid days. I love the rain.... :)
  • Like 1

That surprises me a lot. I've always thought that it was warm in San Francisco. It sounds very much like the Danish weather minus the fog. I think we have a lot more rain though, especially in the fall it rains constantly. In the summer it doesn't rain that often, but when it does we get torrential downpours :). When I was a child we had snow in January but now we sometimes need to wait until February or March before it snows. In summary: 2 months of sun, 9 months of rain and 1 month of snow :P

The simplest thing. It rained a good amount this morning and it was steady. My grass and flowers must have been as surprised as I was. I have watering by hand the last 2 weeks as we have had no rain and hot humid days. I love the rain.... :)

Come to Denmark, you'll get plenty rain :D

When I got my paycheck last week it made me realize that it was the first I got in 4 years! Two years education followed by two years on welfare. Now I work a job that doesn't require any schooling. Funny how things work out sometimes, but I wouldn't mind continuing on the path I am now.

Went shopping for new records this friday and found these two gems:

15149722235_fd2310d06c.jpg

15146740041_3027fe80ec.jpg

The Peter Gabriel record is a original UK pressing from '92. Given that I have never seen this record anywhere and didn't know it existed, I think this is a really good scoop. :)

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VJCAePl14o

That surprises me a lot. I've always thought that it was warm in San Francisco. It sounds very much like the Danish weather minus the fog. I think we have a lot more rain though, especially in the fall it rains constantly. In the summer it doesn't rain that often, but when it does we get torrential downpours :). When I was a child we had snow in January but now we sometimes need to wait until February or March before it snows. In summary: 2 months of sun, 9 months of rain and 1 month of snow :P

Most of the rest of California gets hot during the summer. The Central Valley is often 100F. Any beach scenes you see are from Southern California, which really is different than the Northern half of the state.

Our warm inland temperatures combined with our cold ocean water is what gives us the coastal summer fog. And once the valley begins to cool down the coastal areas have nice weather.

The NFL team that represents Washington DC has their first game today..... :dweez: Be on the lookout in the what pissed me off today thread later..... :unsure:
  • Like 1

Its been raining of and on all night, morning and all afternoon. The hoses will stay wound up for a few days at least.... :dweez: