What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Currently hanging out on the back deck of my brother-in-law's house out in the country in the Sierra foothills. It is gorgeous here, and this is a place where they actually get summer (unlike my home town :( ).

Don't you have warm summers in San Fran?

Sadly, no. We will get a warm day here and there, but most days are in the 60sF, and there is often fog. Our best time of year is usually September -October, although the last few years our Januarys have been very warm (as in t-shirt weather).

That surprises me a lot. I've always thought that it was warm in San Francisco. It sounds very much like the Danish weather minus the fog. I think we have a lot more rain though, especially in the fall it rains constantly. In the summer it doesn't rain that often, but when it does we get torrential downpours :). When I was a child we had snow in January but now we sometimes need to wait until February or March before it snows. In summary: 2 months of sun, 9 months of rain and 1 month of snow :P

One month of snow? I need to move, we have snow in the forecast for next week and it's going to stick until May.

My sister and my dad at the Nationals game the other day. My sister has had quite the life and her and my dad had a very rough relationship for many years due to some poor choices she made early on in her life. It is wonderful to see him at 80 and her at 52 have seemed to come full circle. She is getting remarried soon and seems so happy and my dad seems to respect her now and the fact that she has broke her tail (mostly alone) to raise 7 children to be excellent people. Just heart warming for me to see..... :)

1606918_773711739338453_4254932722270245517_n.jpg?oh=ddc59f46dff1800e631515006e8ef9ce&oe=5495B83D&__gda__=1418463348_04937b68c21368dff9a2980dc754bb56

• Like 6

The Steely Dan albums Lorraine sent me just showed up!! Thanks young lady. They are awesome! :haz: And they still have the price tag on them. :LOL: :7up: :D

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/trout81/IMGP0701-1.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/trout81/IMGP0700.jpg

Edited by troutman
  • Like 3

My dad found a copy of Rush's moving pictures while clearing out the basement. The sleeves are in good condition and the record itself looks like it has only been played a few times.
  • Like 2

I did my workout early in the morning today and went for a quick swim on the beach...then had coffee with my wife and my 02-month-old daughter who has learned to smile and is now starting to vocalize a few noises. It´s a shame that I have to go to work now... :|
  • Like 3

I had some oral surgery today to get a tooth removed that was killing my face for about a week now. In the past I would have waited much longer. Glad its done and I can move on..... :dweez:
  • Like 2

I had some oral surgery today to get a tooth removed that was killing my face for about a week now. In the past I would have waited much longer. Glad its done and I can move on..... :dweez:

Now you've got to deal with the empty socket syndrome. That's always fun. NOT.

• Like 1

forget what i said earlier, tonight i hugged the guy i like and when he walked away my brother said we'd make a good couple. SUCCESS.
  • Like 5

Now you've got to deal with the empty socket syndrome. That's always fun. NOT.

Dry socket... bit not good..! :scared:

Yesterday:

Visited my niece and her family. When I walked off the ferry she was running around her mother in circles, but as soon she saw me she was a smile from ear to ear and laughing. Such a bundle of joy. She has learned to say my name correct now, and can say "I luv you-u". Love that child like she was my own.

15049641828_23d06d5ff4.jpg

Later that day I picked up a NAD C325Bee hi-fi stereo receiver. It's the best amplifier I have ever own. The music is so much more dynamic, the speakers have been given new life! Got it in mint condition for half the price of what everyone else in Denmark is selling theirs for, so that's what I call a bargain. Only downside is that I need a phono amplifier for my turntable, and my laptops sound card is my systems bottleneck now.

I fired it up last night with Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live album and couldn't stop dancing to the music :D

15233125091_292f9eaa2d.jpg

• Like 2

I spent yesterday up in Napa. We had a group of eight people go there to do some wine tasting and hit four different wineries. I made a picnic lunch that we ate whilst sitting next to a lake at one place while we were drinking our wine. It was a wonderful day.
  • Like 2

I spent yesterday up in Napa. We had a group of eight people go there to do some wine tasting and hit four different wineries. I made a picnic lunch that we ate whilst sitting next to a lake at one place while we were drinking our wine. It was a wonderful day.

With Geddy & Alex? :huh: :P

With Geddy & Alex? :huh: :P

I wish!

The NFL team representing the Washington DC area kicked some royal arse today. The birth of the new "Brady" was realized as well.... :dweez: