What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

How's your first week at the new job been, Analog Grownup?

It's been great! A lot to do and a few mistakes here and there, but nothing major. I have a feeling they like having me around. Basically my job is taking pallets from a buffer area, feed them to a machine that wraps them in foil and put them in the right lanes for the truckers to pick up. When I met this morning half of my buffer area was filled up. It's usually empty so I wasn't bored :P. Managed to finish it all with a little time to spare :)

Thank you for asking :)

• Like 3

How's your first week at the new job been, Analog Grownup?

It's been great! A lot to do and a few mistakes here and there, but nothing major. I have a feeling they like having me around. Basically my job is taking pallets from a buffer area, feed them to a machine that wraps them in foil and put them in the right lanes for the truckers to pick up. When I met this morning half of my buffer area was filled up. It's usually empty so I wasn't bored :P. Managed to finish it all with a little time to spare :)

Thank you for asking :)

That's great :cheers: I'm happy for you
  • Like 1

Was my birthday today. The husband took the day off work to stay at home with the kids. I left the house at 10am to spoil myself and do my own thing which was soooooo nice. It was the first chance since summer started that I've gotten to enjoy some peace and quiet! I went down to Pikes Place Market and bought some amazing items that artists made (a wicked cool sterling silver bracelet, a black leather cuff/bracelet and a sweet cobalt blue painted pottery necklace piece). I went to my favorite café and got a wonderful treat and some coffee. Went to my favorite bakery and got fresh bread and a cookie. This is... this livin' at 42.
  • Like 5

So, at some point in time, I've become an old lady bird watcher. I seriously spaz out when I see hummingbirds at their feeder drinking their "juice" as my youngest calls it. I have a Blue Jay feeder and a suet feeder. Besides the hummingbirds, I get Downy Woodpeckers, Steller's Jays, Black-headed Grosbeaks and a TON of Chickadees.

If you would have told me back when I was 21 that I would camp out still as a statue waiting for birds and then researching what kinds they were, I would have said you were crazy. And speaking of crazy... I have to go throw some peanuts outside for my squirrels before they get too hungry.

• Like 4

So, at some point in time, I've become an old lady bird watcher. I seriously spaz out when I see hummingbirds at their feeder drinking their "juice" as my youngest calls it. I have a Blue Jay feeder and a suet feeder. Besides the hummingbirds, I get Downy Woodpeckers, Steller's Jays, Black-headed Grosbeaks and a TON of Chickadees.

If you would have told me back when I was 21 that I would camp out still as a statue waiting for birds and then researching what kinds they were, I would have said you were crazy. And speaking of crazy... I have to go throw some peanuts outside for my squirrels before they get too hungry.

Birds are awesome animals. We have these cardinals that hang around the place where I work, and sometimes I just watch them go about their business, rather than working like I should be doing.

Squirrels, though, I can't stand. It's like they know I can't stand them too, and they always loiter around my car as I make my way to the parking lot, as if to mock and irritate me from afar.

• Like 3

Birds are awesome animals. We have these cardinals that hang around the place where I work, and sometimes I just watch them go about their business, rather than working like I should be doing.

Squirrels, though, I can't stand. It's like they know I can't stand them too, and they always loiter around my car as I make my way to the parking lot, as if to mock and irritate me from afar.

I'm one of the few who enjoy squirrels. I always have. You either love them or you hate them, I think. My grandfather adored squirrels and trained some to come into his house and grab peanuts out of his hand. My grandmother hated this!!!

Squirrels can be quite aggressive though. They chase away the crows (thank god) and if there is no food for them, they will stand at the back door and stare and stare and stare into the house until someone feeds them. I do hate that they dig and bury nuts all over the backyard. Many little holes in the middle of the yard and all around my plants.

• Like 2

I'm one of the few who enjoy squirrels. I always have. You either love them or you hate them, I think. My grandfather adored squirrels and trained some to come into his house and grab peanuts out of his hand. My grandmother hated this!!!

Squirrels can be quite aggressive though. They chase away the crows (thank god) and if there is no food for them, they will stand at the back door and stare and stare and stare into the house until someone feeds them. I do hate that they dig and bury nuts all over the backyard. Many little holes in the middle of the yard and all around my plants.

:goodone:

Both of you,

I enjoy birds and squirrels. I understand why some might not like squirrels. They can be very annoying at times. But they are very smart and resourceful.

• Like 2

Just the beauty of women in general. I took my parents truck down to the car wash about and hour ago to clean it after our trip to Florida. I drove it through the wash and pulled up to the vacuums to do that and detail it inside and out. There were lovely women of all shapes and sizes, sun dresses, bikini tops all around me cleaning their cars. The simplest things in life are all this old bastard needs..... :cheers: :)
  • Like 3

Just the beauty of women in general. I took my parents truck down to the car wash about and hour ago to clean it after our trip to Florida. I drove it through the wash and pulled up to the vacuums to do that and detail it inside and out. There were lovely women of all shapes and sizes, sun dresses, bikini tops all around me cleaning their cars. The simplest things in life are all this old bastard needs..... :cheers: :)

:LOL: :7up: :ebert: :cheers:

• Like 1

Yeah, they're very aggressive and aggravating here, chasing away crows and Cyclonuses alike. I think we have a warrior breed here or something. No way am I giving away my peanuts to those assholes. That's cool that your grandfather got along so well with them—they don't seem like the sorts of animals that would buddy up with people very often.

I understand why some might not like squirrels. They can be very annoying at times. But they are very smart and resourceful.

True. I have a grudging respect for them.

• Like 1

Yeah, they're very aggressive and aggravating here, chasing away crows and Cyclonuses alike. I think we have a warrior breed here or something. No way am I giving away my peanuts to those assholes. That's cool that your grandfather got along so well with them—they don't seem like the sorts of animals that would buddy up with people very often.

I understand why some might not like squirrels. They can be very annoying at times. But they are very smart and resourceful.

True. I have a grudging respect for them.

Exactly!!

The little sh*** are quite cunning . :D

• Like 1

Three hours in the sun and waves in Ocean City, Maryland. And no sunburn!

Showing off that new beach body no doubt..... :)
  • Like 1

My vacation in Kentucky was made complete thanks to my cousin's 8-year old daughter, Corisa. She has given me nothing but love and laughs and attention since I first met her when she was three. She makes me want to move back......:blush:
  • Like 1

My vacation in Kentucky was made complete thanks to my cousin's 8-year old daughter, Corisa. She has given me nothing but love and laughs and attention since I first met her when she was three. She makes me want to move back...... :blush:

Nice! :ebert:

My youngest has nicked my CD of 2112 and is playing it very loudly in his room :)

Make sure he has an appreciation for side 2...... :madra:
  • Like 1