What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

remembering that the hubby will be out with friends to a GWAR concert all night tomorrow, and because of it the in laws are taking Lucy and I out to Golden Corral for lunch so I "can have a fun day, too". haha awwwwwww mooooommmmmmm ;) <3

A whole evening to myself!!! He'll be coming back afterward cause he works the day after, but it'll still be very late. what to do with my free time?

OH!!! ALSO-

Lucy has worn undies to bed 5 nights now, 3 out of 5 times she stayed dry!! she really is doing very well- NO MORE DIAPERS!!! DONE WITH DIAPERS!!!! ADIOS, DIAPERS!!!!! XD

Edited by hobo73

AAGGHHHHHH I JUST FOUND OUT MY FRIENDS ARE EXPECTING THEIR FIRST CHILD!!!!!!!

My amazing friends Tiffany and Kelly are married, and waited til the 3 month mark to announce it. OMG TEARS.

They are going to be such amazing parents. That is one lucky child right there. <3

They've wanted a baby for so long. My heart sings for them.

Today, while out for my run, I saw this coming my way... for two whole blocks:

http://maraton.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Prancercise.jpg

Someone "prancercising." YouTube to see her in action. She invented it.

(For the record, I'm all for exercising and getting outdoors and staying fit but this is hilarious.)

(For the record, I'm all for exercising and getting outdoors and staying fit but this is hilarious.)

Thanks for wasting 6 minutes of my life. That's ridiculous.

Thanks for wasting 6 minutes of my life. That's ridiculous.

:LOL: So sorry! What has been seen cannot now be unseen. Imagine that coming towards you?!?! For two whole blocks!!

Should've made glue out of that someone. ;)

I can imagine some of my more whimsical friends doing it as a joke but others thinking they were totally serious

I can imagine some of my more whimsical friends doing it as a joke but others thinking they were totally serious

If you're going to do 'this' in public, I think you have to: 1) Not care what people think and 2) Do it with a high level of seriousness. I've actually seen the woman doing this around the neighborhood but to watch it come your way is a whole other beast.

Fitting into clothes I NEVER thought would fit me ever again.

It's really hitting me how much weight I've lost over time. I feel fantastic. I think back to how I used to eat and it's awful. I was just killing myself.

Last night we were low on groceries and settled on our TV dinners LOL I could barely finish half before I was full 0_o

Taking another super long walk today & plan on running around at the park with Lucy for a few hours!! work up a sweat!!

• Like 3

New car shopping! :7up:

Me too! Got approved for my loan, now just have to find the car. I have a friend who does these searches as part of his business; I'm looking for a used Honda Element with low-ish mileage.

I suppose you could say the dogs are getting a new car. That's the main reason I'm looking for an Element!

If you're going to do 'this' in public, I think you have to: 1) Not care what people think and 2) Do it with a high level of seriousness. I've actually seen the woman doing this around the neighborhood but to watch it come your way is a whole other beast.

Wait, you actually live near this loon? Next time you see her, ask her when she's going to have the sex-reassignment surgery finished. I swear she did not start life as a "she". That camel-toe is the remnants of a wiener.

Wait, you actually live near this loon? Next time you see her, ask her when she's going to have the sex-reassignment surgery finished. I swear she did not start life as a "she". That camel-toe is the remnants of a wiener.

On no no no! I don't live near HER. Just a fan of her little horse dance exercise routine. The woman who actually invented it is a bit crazy looking. And that camel toe! Ouch. But this woman who lives near me who dances like her, is obviously a huge fan. She even added a few of her own moves like big sideways kicks. I almost can't make fun of her because she is so SO happy prancing down the street. I'm talking serious, genuine happiness.

Adding: I was very sad not to see my little prancing neighbor this morning. MAYBE TOMORROW!

Edited by Janie

Congrats hobo73! I have lost 35 in the past 5 months and it feels great. Nothing drastic. Just alot of walking and not eating everything in site without thinking of the consequences.
  • Like 3

Congrats hobo73! I have lost 35 in the past 5 months and it feels great. Nothing drastic. Just alot of walking and not eating everything in site without thinking of the consequences.

Thanks, and congrats to you, too! :D

It really does begin with little steps. I've actually burned all my old photos of me hahaha. >.<

Food used to be my answer to everything. Happy? Gotta eat. Stressed? Must eat more. Full? well, force yourself to eat honey cause this food's gotta go somewhere. It SUCKED having food control your every thought.

Walking is so much fun! just slap on some headphones, grab the stroller & I'm off hahaha. Serving sizes, too. That helped a LOT.

• Like 2

The recovery of two previously lost Patrick Troughton Doctor Who stories from the 60's. The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear. I'm so excited!

The great mystery of the missing Alex Lifeson 2112 pants has been solved.
  • Like 3

I am not sure this is the appropriate thread to lay this all out, but here goes........ Spending some excellent quality time with my dad made my day today.

My parents live east Texas now and have been for about the past 10 years. They are both originally from south Texas and decided to move back for their last years on this earth. My siblings and I are spread up and down the east coast so we don't get to see them that often anymore. I am here for a 2 week visit to do some things around their house that they can no longer do for themselves and i am glad to do it. My dad will be 80 next year and has been riddled with arthritis since I can remember. This only gets worse over time and he just can't do outdoor stuff anymore. He's a very stubborn and proud man but he even knows he needs help. He is a physicist and worked for the navy for many years, and like I said is super stubborn and everything has to deal with logic. My mom is a few years younger and has had some physical setbacks, but she refuses to stop or even slow down. Anyway to the point.................. I love my parents and owe them so much. Being the father of 2 grown children myself, I understand the great sacrifices needed to raise your kids in what you think to be the proper way. My parents raised a Rush crazy son, so they must have done something right!

As I am writing this, I keep thinking will this be the last time I ever see them? At some point as we get older mortality rears it's ugly head. Anyway my dad and I were working today on replacing some rotted woodwork around his chimney. He was stubborn as ever with his old school ways, but I really enjoyed it!

Working with my dad made my day today :sigh: . If there is someone special in your life like my beautiful parents are to me, don't wait to tell them how much you love them!

I bet it will make their day.

Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1