What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

After family dynamics prevented me from spending Thanksgiving with my husband (he went to his family's and I went to mine. I had the better time, as according to him, his family acted like tools the whole visit), we are going to have our OWN Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Fresh turkeys on sale today. I got a 23-pounder for $19. So while he is coaching tomorrow, I'm doing it all. Except stuffing and pumpkin pie - part of the fun of doing a holiday dinner just for yourselves is you don't have to cook the stuff you don't like!

Plus he will have lots of leftovers for sandwiches, which was a big sticking point for him this year.

NU Huskers won their game against Colorado, so that means we're going to the Big XII Championship game! That totally made my day, considering last week's loss to Texas A&M was so tragic.

Also, I've gotten over what was a terrible Artblock and started a new project involving the story I'm writing...

...And somewhat involving the likenesses of three very prominent gentlemen in this area of the interwebz.. ;D

work went very well today,even though I was at work. No problems at all, made a $$ and the drive home was very easy. Spent the nite with my GF ,nice dinner too. Was a good day. biggrin.gif

Watching a nailbiter of an Iron Bowl and having a great time...that made my day.

http://media.al.com/birmingham-news/photo/9078567-standard.jpg

It was a beautiful day outside, so I decided to walk to my favourite park and sit in the tree I've claimed to be my own. No one was around, really, so I just kind of danced around like a crazy maniac singing along to the Rush songs on my MP3 player. It was really quite freeing; I've been cooped up in the house all month because of the cold.

Thank you, Mother Nature, for blessing the Midwest with nice weather for once!

It's kind of silly, really, but the other day I was browsing through Neil Peart's site (practically a daily ritual; I go back and re-read his blogs all the time) and found that recipe section. It was so great I just had to send a quick message into his manager (per se), Brutus.. Nothing much, just saying how I enjoyed the recipes and wished to see more.

Today, I opened up my e-mail and saw Brutus had replied! So that was pretty exciting, in a weird sort of way. Kind of hard to see how that would make my day but for some reason it did. xD (He's got connections with Neil - that's one thing!)

tl;dr awesome nine-day break

So I had this last week off, because of Thanksgiving. Traditionally, my county has given us Wednesday through Friday off, but because of budget problems, Monday and Tuesday were furlough days. Anyways, I had an entire week to do nothing, and I actually did a lot. Breakdown:

That weekend (the first weekend of the break), I had a "party". I had invited like ten people, and only two showed up, both of whom are two of my closest friends, but we all had fun. Watched them play Call of Duty and Halo, and generally hung out and whatnot.

Worked out on Monday, and the new My Chemical Romance album came out. And even though they're a stereotypically dark band, their new album was great. (More on it later!) I worked out again Tuesday, then went and hung out with two other friends. One had to go home after a little while, so I hung out with the other friend for like two hours, which was pretty cool.

On Wednesday, I worked out, because the gym was closed on Thanksgiving, and I also went to my first Augusta State game of the year. We won, 101-66, despite a few players on the other team who had serious anger issues. Thursday was Thanksgiving... so NOM NOM NOM. And on Friday, I worked out, but at the gym, not a store. (I don't do Black Friday shopping!) I also got to play bass along to Box Car Racer and +44, which I don't always get to do. I also listened to some 2010 albums, so I can more accurately rate them at the end of the year.

On Saturday, I went to Statesboro, to watch the (my?) Georgia Southern Eagles play South Carolina State in a playoff game, where we won 41-16. The crowd was more energetic than I ever remember it being, and I've been going to GSU games since I was three. I completely blew my voice out, and pretty much jumped and yelled for the entire game. Had an absolute blast.

Yesterday, I didn't do that much, asides from doing the sound system at church. I messed up twice and created some feedback, but asides from that I did pretty good. Next time, I'll know to pay more attention. I also went to the mall and picked up two blink-182 t-shirts and some cd's as a birthday present to myself.

Yes, I'm aware that if you read this, you deserve a treat. I'm also aware that a lot of this seems boring and mundane, but this week was something I really needed. I posted this on Facebook on Thankgiving night, which basically sums it up: "This week has been awesome. Since my first listen to the new MyChem album, I've felt even more optimistic about the future, and Angels & Airwaves' new record is also helping that feeling. And there are still three more days left of this break, then three weeks until christmas break. The future is looking really good." I'm very glad that I got this week off, because I feel much better about stuff now.

My two CD's (Permanent Waves and Close To The Edge) I thought had huge scratches and dings turned out to be fine. They still sound just as clean and clear as the day I got 'em! biggrin.gif

Well I got all the packing done, but the movers got delayed 3 hours because of the weather.

I'm just waiting until they get here now.

QUOTE (Natch @ Nov 30 2010, 03:00 PM)
Had lunch with my father and didn't drink alcohol.

I'm trying to stop....

bekloppt.gif applaudit.gif

Good job, stay on your path friend

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 30 2010, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Nov 30 2010, 05:09 PM)
Donated blood for the first time today. Felt good man.  1022.gif

all you can eat oreos and orange juice afterwards. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I got sierra mist and caffeine free pepsi, and an assortment of cookies! It was sweet!

You guys will laugh at my silly little teenage-isms... But I finally ran into the guy I had a major crush on last year (and pretty much still do this year) in Art Club. We actually had a chance to chat for the first time since this past spring, and I found out something that only made me like him even more:

HE. LOVES. RUSH.

He's promised me to come back to Art Club in the coming weeks, which is great, because I've missed our conversations. He's such a sweet guy and he writes poetry and draws and even is a songwriter... and now I find that we love the same band (how this escaped me last year, no clue lol).

Made me very, very happy today. ♥

Hiking through the woods

Pony time

AND IT'S HANUKKAH!!! wub.gif Rosh Hashanah is my favorite of the Jewish holidays, but I do have a special soft spot for Hanukkah. But I'm not lighting my Menorah this year.

Edited by garbo