Drummer

Bonghitsforjesus

It's funny how videos like this bring out the hate in some people. Steve Moore is an awesome showman as well as a great drummer. His timing is solid as a rock in spite of all of his exagerated movents and incredibly difficult sticking, he just never misses a beat. He must be doing something right as his videos have over a million views on youtube and he gigs out over 200 shows per year. It isn't like Steve is taking Neil's place or anything, my god, just appreciate the video for what it is, an extreme showman taking a ridiculously boring song and turning into something worth watching. Oh and Hazlnut, i'm sure he could play Tom Sawyer note for note, many people can without a problem. It's NOT THAT difficult.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 6 2010, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 6 2010, 11:39 AM)
that guy is incredibly annoying to watch.

You have an awesome sense of humor.

that's not funny dude. that's a combination of being silly and looking like an ass which i guess is the same thing right?

reminds me of another juggling drummer I've seen on youtube.

this one's funny to me because in ZZtop, Frank Beard is the UN-interesting one... lol dude can't even grow a beard to fit in... and his name's even Beard!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

let's put it this way

the drummer in that clip has no respect for the song

so, if you think that's funny, well then... awesome - his antics will tickle you

if your primary enjoyment of music is aural (not visual) he might not be your cup of tea

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 6 2010, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 6 2010, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 6 2010, 11:39 AM)
that guy is incredibly annoying to watch.

You have an awesome sense of humor.

that's not funny dude. that's a combination of being silly and looking like an ass which i guess is the same thing right?

There's over 250,000 views of that video, if you sort through the comments, at least 90% of them think he's funny.

The guy isnt trying to be serious up there. He actually sits on a toilet instead of a stool, and he's making that band famous. He's just trying to be entertaining, not all overly serious in a cover band.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2010, 02:52 PM)
Anyone with any history of watching and listening to these guys knows the deal with Neil. He's there to play the shit out of the drums, not act like a goofball. That's Alex's job. biggrin.gif

You're right 1-0-0-1...but how about the two TOGETHER?!...

Love it! laugh.gif

That dude is Funny laugh.gif .

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 7 2010, 12:27 PM)
Anyone with any history of watching and listening to these guys knows the deal with Neil. He's there to play the shit out of the drums, not act like a goofball. That's Alex's job.  biggrin.gif

Love it! laugh.gif

Dude, that is too awesome!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 7 2010, 03:27 PM)
Anyone with any history of watching and listening to these guys knows the deal with Neil. He's there to play the shit out of the drums, not act like a goofball. That's Alex's job.  biggrin.gif

Love it! laugh.gif

Not quite as silly, but next time you watch the GUP video, pay close attention to "New World Man". At about the 1:47 mark, you can see Alex cross the stage facing Neil. As soon as the camera cuts back to Neil, you can see he's suppressing laughter.

Of course one thing I love about that particular live recording is that Alex hammed it up pretty much all the way through.

This guy is seriously blowing up. He's getting sponsors from drum companies now, he's featured on the yahoo front page right now, he's being posted all over facebook, was contacted by Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater, his childhood idol. In just 2 days that video went from 250,000 views to 2,250,000 views.

Good for him, he is probably the most fun to watch drummer Ive ever seen. I would go to some fair just to see this guy wail like that for an hour or 2.

http://themaddrummer.com/

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 8 2010, 06:21 AM)
This guy is seriously blowing up. He's getting sponsors from drum companies now, he's featured on the yahoo front page right now, he's being posted all over facebook, was contacted by Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater, his childhood idol. In just 2 days that video went from 250,000 views to 2,250,000 views.

Good for him, he is probably the most fun to watch drummer Ive ever seen. I would go to some fair just to see this guy wail like that for an hour or 2.

http://themaddrummer.com/

From his website, it seems he was doing quite well before all this happened..sharing bills with Malmsteen and The Crue...doesnt seem like an overnight sensation. But hey, good for him.

Archived