What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

^both of those are good. read the whole once and future king book, it's great

I read the first four books of The Once And Future King months ago, I just finally got around to finishing up the series. I enjoyed most of it very much and had few complaints. I really love how White decided to imagine Lancelot as being undeniably ugly; for me that makes all the difference between Gwenevere being a whore and their love being real.

^both of those are good. read the whole once and future king book, it's great

I read the first four books of The Once And Future King months ago, I just finally got around to finishing up the series. I enjoyed most of it very much and had few complaints. I really love how White decided to imagine Lancelot as being undeniably ugly; for me that makes all the difference between Gwenevere being a whore and their love being real.

It is a really good book, read it back in High School.

Reading this, it's fantastic and very thoroughly researched! I've read other books by Collins and I definitely recommend his stuff.

http://covers3.booksamillion.com/covers/bam/1/25/000/471/1250004713.jpg

Just finished Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell. (She was the voice of Violet in "The Incredibles," and is sometimes featured on Public Radio's "This American Life.") It's a good book featuring an overview of the first three presidential assassinations: Lincoln in 1865, Garfield in 1881, and McKinley in 1901. (No JFK.) Vowell is a buff, and visited a bunch of the locales relevant to the assassinations.

Currently trying my luck with a bestseller from 15 years ago or so: The Alienist by Caleb Carr. It's a novel about the search for a serial killer in New York City in 1896, but features Theodore Roosevelt and a few other historical figures from the period. (Roosevelt was actually NYC police commissioner during the year in question, hence the accurate use of him as a character.)

• Like 1