Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

Anyone want to buy a Bridge ?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 5 2010, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 09:28 AM)

Exactly. Sorry, but until you have proof you actually know something, please stop.

By the way, did you guys know I once jammed with Alex Lifeson? True story.

Sorry, but until you have proof, please stop.

You know that was satire, right?

Uh...yeah. As was mine.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 5 2010, 11:40 AM)

Well, it all depends on the price and location?

Can you give me more specifics?

Maybe I could just send you my banking information and then you can withdraw funds directly from my account for your desired price.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jun 4 2010, 08:50 PM)
Probably worth saying again that the "rumored" setlist is 100% *not* what was brought into rehearsals. There's certainly a fair amount of material on that setlist that is included in the actual set, but the published setlist is absolutely not based in any kind of fact.

your credibility will be lost if The Spirit of Radio is not the opener........I guess we'll see....

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 5 2010, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 5 2010, 11:40 AM)

Well, it all depends on the price and location?

Can you give me more specifics?

Maybe I could just send you my banking information and then you can withdraw funds directly from my account for your desired price.

Kids believe Everything they read i guess

popcorn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Score Out

Posted: May 21 2010, 07:59 AM

Report Post Quote Post

The Seeker

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,813

Local Time: 1:33 pm

Unless they seriously tore up the setlist they designed a couple months ago and brought into rehearsals and suddenly rearranged everything on Day 1 (which would all the production people pretty upset I suspect) this isn't close to accurate. Posted: Jun 4 2010, 07:50 PM

Report Post Quote Post

The Seeker

Local Time: 1:31 pm

Probably worth saying again that the "rumored" setlist is 100% *not* what was brought into rehearsals. There's certainly a fair amount of material on that setlist that is included in the actual set, but the published setlist is absolutely not based in any kind of fact.

Which one is it Score out? Per your post 5/21 this set list wasn't even close to being accurate. On 6/4 you say a fair amount of those songs ARE on the setlist. Spill the beans!

sorry about the quoting, still don't have that quite figured out. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 29 2010, 12:58 PM)
Dude, GrandDesigns was referring to Neil's blog on his page that says "we RESURRECTED some songs we havent played in 10 years, 20 years, or ever." (of course this isnt word for word as Im too lazy to find it, but I think most on here can vouch for me that its very close to the actual quote)
That means OLD material never played before. Not new.

Wouldn't it be funny if Caravan was an old song they wrote but never released before now?

In that case it'd fit as an old song resurrected, but never played live before.

Hmmmm..

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 5 2010, 01:40 PM)
Score Out
Posted: May 21 2010, 07:59 AM
Report Post Quote Post

The Seeker

Local Time: 1:33 pm

Unless they seriously tore up the setlist they designed a couple months ago and brought into rehearsals and suddenly rearranged everything on Day 1 (which would all the production people pretty upset I suspect) this isn't close to accurate. Posted: Jun 4 2010, 07:50 PM
Report Post Quote Post

The Seeker

Local Time: 1:31 pm

Which one is it Score out? Per your post 5/21 this set list wasn't even close to being accurate. On 6/4 you say a fair amount of those songs ARE on the setlist. Spill the beans!

sorry about the quoting, still don't have that quite figured out. biggrin.gif

Seems like he's trying to cover all the bases so whatever the set list actually is he can look like he was correct.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 5 2010, 01:57 PM)
Seems like he's trying to cover all the bases so whatever the set list actually is he can look like he was correct.

Bingo..............

Okay so I did A little leg work on this one, This is for the guy who posted the Set list starting with 2112 and ending with In the mood. I think he may be on too something here and here is why. Back on the Pictures tour they opened with 2112- Overture- Temple of Syrinx and than went right into Freewill. So I like the start because this is the time machine tour. Also songs from the first set if played in the daylight don't need the screens and the cool light show. The first set comes in right around 75 mins, Which is right on target. AS for the second set I like the fact that they split the Moving Pictures album up (this is so Rush like) Because this is the time machine tour I like all the songs they are picking out of the vault these songs make perfect cents. I like the fact after the solo Alex comes out and does Hope and Broons Bane and slides into The Trees which segues into Xanadu just like the Pictures tour minus Hope. As far as the last few songs go Spirit is a perfect close. Now for the encores I am not sure why they would be putting Jacobs Ladder as an encore but hey they did the Bankok in the same slot last tour, and hell why not Fly by night and in the mood as a medley to finish. The second set comes in right around 105 to 110 mins. Putting the whole show right around 2:30 to 2:40 with about a 10 to 15 min break in between sets. So as all us Rush fans know its all about timing.

You know, I cant wait for the 29th so all this can stop already. These debates and predictions and rumors will finally come to a halt so everyone can stop arguing wacko.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 5 2010, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 5 2010, 01:57 PM)

Bingo..............

yep....... schla03.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 5 2010, 08:28 PM)
You know, I cant wait for the 29th so all this can stop already. These debates and predictions and rumors will finally come to a halt so everyone can stop arguing  wacko.gif

Actually, on the 29th, there will probably be TONS of arguing about the setlist. laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2010, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Jun 4 2010, 09:50 PM)
Probably worth saying again that the "rumored" setlist is 100% *not* what was brought into rehearsals.  There's certainly a fair amount of material on that setlist that is included in the actual set, but the published setlist is absolutely not based in any kind of fact.

Save it. Really. You had your 15 min. Post something or Go away

Wow. Was that uncalled for. Ya know, if someone spoke to me like that in person without any provocation I'd put them through a wall - but I guess it's easy to act like an asshole when you're protected by a computer screen.

In any event, you'll get your wish. The venom on this board from some people is vile and it's certainly not a community I have any desire to be a part of. There's 2 or 3 people here with rock-solid information and connections to the Rush camp and, despite the fact that none of them have ever posted a single piece of incorrect information over many months to disprove that, the peanut gallery is practically foaming at the mouth to tear them down. It's pretty sad really. I'm not aware of any awards or prizes for being proven correct in the end and there's been no reward in contributing whatever information and value that I have and that I am able to, so that type of environment is certainly not appealing to me.

On a final note, the comments are me "covering my bases" and backtracking with regard to the setlist are truly comical. Some of you need to USE YOUR BRAINS!!! There have already been about 13 songs made public from the setlist (7 from MP, CTTH, JL, MalNar, SIO, Caravan, BU2B). The setlist is about 28 songs. You throw in some obvious ones like Spirit of Radio and Far Cry and the Drum Solo and 2 more staples and you're at 18. The "rumored" setlist has like 36 songs in it. I suspect even some of you can nail 5 to 8 more songs that appear in the show with 18 guesses. Hardly rocket science.

The order on the rumored setlist is also way off even among the songs that are correct. So is the rotation element. There will likely be a few changes from the initial setlist designed in March, but there aren't wholesale changes among the songs and especially among the order. Certain songs are production songs with lights, lasers, pyro, video, effects etc. Those are designed based around specific points in the show and especially 1st and 2nd set (light vs dark) so those don't just get completely tossed around 4 weeks before the tour starts. So obviously, with half the show already known, and about 7 or 8 extra songs on the list, the rumored setlist contains most of the songs in the show. But with a few songs missing and many included that aren't in the show, along with a completely incorrect order, and a totally wrong guess on the rotation, it's still not close to accurate. Bottom line is that I have the actual real setlist they designed to bring into rehearsals and to give to the production team for lights, videos etc. The rumored list isn't it and isn't close. But clearly I'm just guessing so feel free to discount this and keep believing wrong information.

Happy National Yo-Yo Day everyone.

Edited by metaldad

Rush's concert openers by tour:

Rush: Finding My Way

Fly By Night: Finding My Way

Caress of Steel: Bastille Day

2112: Bastille Day

A Farewell To Kings: Bastille Day

Hemispheres: Anthem

Permanent Waves: 2112

Moving Pictures: 2112 Overture / The Temples Of Syrinx

Signals: The Spirit of Radio

Grace Under Pressure: The Spirit Of Radio

Power Windows: The Spirit Of Radio

Hold Your Fire: The Big Money

Presto: Force Ten

Roll the Bones: Force Ten

Counterparts: Dreamline

Test For Echo: Dreamline

Vapor Trails: Tom Sawyer

R30: R30 Overture

Snakes & Arrows: Limelight

I'm not saying I want 2112 to necessarily be the opener (or think it will be the opener), but it's happened before. The Permanent Waves setlist's version of 2112 is shortened (I don't remember what it's missing, probably Oracle), but is closer to complete than not.

Rush has never opened with a song from the current album, except on their first tour (obviously), and on the few recordings we have of the CoS tour (all of which are from the same show, which Rush did not headline).

With a few exceptions, Rush has never opened a concert with a song that isn't the first track on an album. A few tourdates for their first two tours had Best I Can as the opnener. R30 Overture was an original medley, but began with Finding My Way. The Snakes & Arrows tour opened with Limelight, the first time Rush used a non-album opener to open a tour, though Exit... Stage Left's DVD does open with Limelight.

Rush has never returned to a previous concert opener after switching to a new one, unless you count R30 Overture as Finding My Way or consider it an intro to the Spirit of Radio.

I'm not saying they won't break these trends, I'm just pointing out the facts from past tours before people continue to say things like "they won't open with 2112" or "they always open with The Spirit Of Radio."

Edited by Blue Baby Dragon

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jun 6 2010, 02:04 PM)

Wow. Was that uncalled for. Ya know, if someone spoke to me like that in person without any provocation I'd put them through a wall - but I guess it's easy to act like an asshole when you're protected by a computer screen.

WOW! Somebody simply told you "to go away", and your childish rebuttal is a threat of physical violence? Not only is that grounds for dismisal off this site since it violates the rules and regulations, but it is also a chargeable offense.

If what you are saying really IS true, why are you exploding with that largely nonsensical rant when you don't have anything to prove to the rest of us who are "less in the know" than you are.

Grow up.

QUOTE (Blue Baby Dragon @ Jun 6 2010, 02:34 PM)
Rush's concert openers by tour:

Rush: Finding My Way
Fly By Night: Finding My Way

Caress of Steel: Bastille Day
2112: Bastille Day
A Farewell To Kings: Bastille Day

Hemispheres: Anthem

Permanent Waves: 2112
Moving Pictures: 2112 Overture / The Temples Of Syrinx

Signals: The Spirit of Radio
Grace Under Pressure: The Spirit Of Radio
Power Windows: The Spirit Of Radio

Hold Your Fire: The Big Money

Presto: Force Ten
Roll the Bones: Force Ten

Counterparts: Dreamline
Test For Echo: Dreamline

Vapor Trails: Tom Sawyer

R30: R30 Overture

Snakes & Arrows: Limelight

This makes me wonder why so many people think The Spirit of Radio will be the opener.

Look, all I know is that Score Out has been 100% accurate on his predictions here and over at RIAB.

I've been crucified for defending him and that's not really cool.

He has been dead on with stating there was going to be a tour and new material long before it even seemed plausible, actual tour dates/locations and the Olympics debacle. He knew there was going to be S. American dates in the fall and also added shows at Red Rocks and Chicago.

No excuse to verbally attack someone for sure, but I can only imagine how frustrated he is. I suppose that if he doesn't spill the enitre can of beans then he somehow is full of s%*t. Not so at all.

And by the way, I don't think Score Out ever posted that the opener was TSOR. That came from FOH Lights.

I'm sure I'll be childishly attacked again, so be it.

Anyone with half a brain can determine fact from fiction. The setlist that was posted in here is pure fiction for several reasons; reasons that have been rehashed to death.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 6 2010, 05:11 PM)
Look, all I know is that Score Out has been 100% accurate on his predictions here and over at RIAB.

I've been crucified for defending him and that's not really cool.

He has been dead on with stating there was going to be a tour and new material long before it even seemed plausible, actual tour dates/locations and the Olympics debacle. He knew there was going to be S. American dates in the fall and also added shows at Red Rocks and Chicago.

No excuse to verbally attack someone for sure, but I can only imagine how frustrated he is. I suppose that if he doesn't spill the enitre can of beans then he somehow is full of s%*t. Not so at all.

And by the way, I don't think Score Out ever posted that the opener was TSOR. That came from FOH Lights.

I'm sure I'll be childishly attacked again, so be it.
Anyone with half a brain can determine fact from fiction. The setlist that was posted in here is pure fiction for several reasons; reasons that have been rehashed to death.

Ok, I understand your point clearly.... but here's the gripe with me (aside from the childish threat up above as stated in my previous post)..

In this thread, Nobody's Hero at least stated he had received inside information, and then gladly POSTED that information and explicitly stated "Take it as you will...."

ScoreOut, instead, insisted on creating a thread that was of no real value and left us on a virtual cliffhanger.. the only information he released was a no brainer. For spoiler purposes, I'm not going to regurgitate what was said, but it's very obvious that even the most "general" of the NON-Rush fans could come up with that criteria for a Rush concert.

So, of course people are going to be fed up with him especially with all the countless "clicks" on his subliminal topic heading so he could get several reads at the viewer's expense. If you have information, what could possibly stop you?