The Official Riverside Thread

Never heard of Riverside although growing up in CT there was an amusement park in Agawam, Mass called Riverside...used to got here a lot...and then there was that R&B band Lakeside...you know "Come alooong and ride on a faaaaantastic voyage"...and I live near the St. Johns River...so I'm kinda riverside...but as for the band....sorry.

Riverside is a great band.......... Kinda like Tool meets Porcupine Tree....... I think I like their latest (Anno Domini High Definition) the best, but you cannot go wrong with this band.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 18 2010, 02:36 PM)
Riverside is a great band.......... Kinda like Tool meets Porcupine Tree....... I think I like their latest (Anno Domini High Definition) the best, but you cannot go wrong with this band.

What he said.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 19 2010, 07:36 AM)
Riverside is a great band..........  Kinda like Tool meets Porcupine Tree.......  I think I like their latest (Anno Domini High Definition)  the best, but you cannot go wrong with this band.

On the button Owl yes.gif

Their latest release is excellent.

If you haven't, check it out:

http://www.last.fm/music/Riverside/Anno+Do...High+Definition

If you are into the singers voice, listen to a band called Lunatic Soul where he is the lead singer:

http://www.last.fm/music/Lunatic+Soul

And these two cuts of the AMAZING Indukti - S.U.S.A.R.

http://mp3bear.com/indukti-shade

http://mp3bear.com/indukti-cold-inside

QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 18 2010, 04:39 PM)
Riverside is a great band..........  Kinda like Tool meets Porcupine Tree.......  I think I like their latest (Anno Domini High Definition)  the best, but you cannot go wrong with this band.

Cool! Anno Domini is on its way to me from Amazon on the recommendation of Steevo. (The unrelenting recommendation, I should say. tongue.gif )

I don't have the most recent one yet or the bass player's solo album, but I really dig the rest.

Fantastic live band. I saw them in New Brunswick a few years back. The bass player is has been influenced by Geddy.

I can't wait to see them back in the states again.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 19 2010, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 18 2010, 04:39 PM)

Cool! Anno Domini is on its way to me from Amazon on the recommendation of Steevo. (The unrelenting recommendation, I should say. tongue.gif )

laugh.gif I can't see you denying this. All I'm saying on the matter for now, no want to spoil your first listen biggrin.gif 653.gif

Riverside is f*cking awesome...

Wasn't a real big fan of 'Rapid Eye Movement'... Out Of Myself is the one that hooked me for good. ADHD was one of the best records of 2009, but it is pretty brief with only 6 tracks.

They play in Europe regularly, but do not make it here (USA) very often at all... If you live anywhere in the northeast area of the country, I strongly recommend you get to NEARFest this year in Pennsyvania as they are playing at that weekend prog festival. (Along w/Steve Hackett, The Pineapple Thief, and others!)

Progski = Awesomeness wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 3 2010, 11:08 AM)
Just now listening to ADHD.  Man, I freakin' LOVE Left Out.  What a killer cut.

I've been obsessing on ADHD lately. It's crazy good. I've listened to the samples on Amazon from the other CDs. I'm leaning toward Radpid Eye Movement. But, it sucks having to decide based on those lame song clips. Second Life Syndrome sounds a little tame from what Amazon has up as samples. Out of Myself sounds good, but not as polished as the others. Hopefully, they'll gain enough recongition to play more North American dates. I'm curious why they would make the trip all the way to Pennsylvania with all of their crap and have that be the only gig in the U.S. They may as well test the waters while they're here. Doesn't make sense to me. I would LOVE to see them live.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 3 2010, 12:18 PM)
Second Life Syndrome is excellent. Don't trust the clips. smile.gif Dance Of Shadows is just incredible.

I believe you! It sucks having to decide. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 3 2010, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 3 2010, 11:08 AM)
Just now listening to ADHD.  Man, I freakin' LOVE Left Out.  What a killer cut.

The guitars are almost Robert Fripp-ish. Very cool song.

Very much so. I swooned when this one came on...LOL. I love the prog stuff too, of course...but Left Out is a freakin' homerun.