If Counterparts was represented

syd11

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I chose 2 songs in my above post and as much as I like CP, I want to be clear that I DONT consider anything from CP to be old school and worthy of the Time Machine setlist. Hope Rush sees it what way as well.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Apr 14 2010, 03:00 PM)
I would rather hear Counterparts from start to finish instead of Moving Pictures. But that's just me! cosmo.gif

Yes.

There's another thread about Test for Echo being often overlooked, but Counterparts is criminally good, and it seems all we hear is Animate.

But, if I had to pick one, it would definitely be Double Agent.

In fact, I love the way Double Agent moves into Leave that thing Alone on the album, let's go with those 2 back to back

For me, Alien Shore, hands down.
Then Cold Fire.

Almost exactly what I was going to write. Alien Shore is one of my favorite Rush songs ever, it just kicks ass. I'd probably rather hear Double Agent instead of Cold Fire as a second choice but CF would be really good too.

Cut to the Chase, above and beyond anything else.

After that, Between Sun and Moon

After careful debate, I'd say "Double Agent." Though "Animate" is my favorite song off the album, it has been overdone, as mentioned. "Cold Fire" is up there too, but I didn't feel the song was done justice on the CP tour.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:09 PM)
CP is one of my top 5 albums. I love Animate but I gotta say -- don't care for it live at all.

Anything would be good for me. Alien Shore!

With Alex saying "out of my nose" at the start???

Agree with "Animate". It'd be great if they didn't perform it so sssssssllllllllloooowww. But it needs a rest anyway - they just played it two tours back.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 14 2010, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:09 PM)
CP is one of my top 5 albums.  I love Animate but I gotta say -- don't care for it live at all. 

Anything would be good for me.  Alien Shore!

With Alex saying "out of my nose" at the start???

possibly... haha

Agree with "Animate".  It'd be great if they didn't perform it so sssssssllllllllloooowww.

That's my problem with it. On the album, it rips the start -- and I mean, completely blows me away and sets the stage for the album. One of the best opening songs on a Rush album IMO.

But live? It's boring!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:29 PM)
I lied: anything but Speed of Love 062802puke_prv.gif

That's the only real dog on the whole album.

As mentioned many times before, Cut To The Chase would be awesome!!! However I'd love to hear Leave That Thing Alone, Nobody's Hero, Cold Fire or Between Sun & Moon yes.gif

QUOTE (Noisy Bastard @ Apr 14 2010, 03:38 PM)
To rate what songs from CP I'd like them to play, I'll have to put them in three categories:

would love to hear:

Cut to the Chase
Alien Shore
Leave That Thing Alone
Between Sun & Moon

wouldn't mind hearing:

Stick It Out
Double Agent
Cold Fire

leave out (on this tour):

Nobody's Hero
Speed Of Love
Everyday Glory

Swap "Between Sun & Moon" with "Double Agent" and I agree 100%.

Counterparts is one of my faves too, though I can't put my finger on why exactly, as it was such a mainstream album compared to the rest when it was released. I love Animate and Double Agent, but for me it would have to be Leave That Thing Alone! i'm a sucker for the instrumentals.