'Predators' trailer!

Jack Aubrey

Holy Shit! That looks REALLY good. Huge fan of the predator franchise right here. Robert Rodriguez is fantastic with this kinda stuff I'm really excited for this! biggrin.gif

Great trailer I love how they didn't show too much of the Predators... I'm def seeing this one!

Thanks for posting that Jack!

I remember watching the original Predator back in the day at the flicks and it was a great action film...

The predator was pretty spooky looking too...

But it wasn't the scariest thing in the film, that would be this guy...

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7687/sonnylandham.jpg

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 19 2010, 06:04 PM)
I remember watching the original Predator back in the day at the flicks and it was a great action film...

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Sonny Landham is psychotic. That's why he hasn't made a movie in a while and probably never will again.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2010, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 19 2010, 06:04 PM)

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Sonny Landham is psychotic. That's why he hasn't made a movie in a while and probably never will again.

He looks it!!

I heard they had bodyguards on the set to protect the other actors from him!!

Didn't he run for Govenor of Kentucky??

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 7 2010, 04:21 AM)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61yeE1KkS3L._SS500_.jpg

I got that the other day and it looks great. The movie has held up incredibly well too. I can't wait for this new one.

Nice!

I picked up the two pack box set! Contains the "Hunter" Version and "Predator 2."

Part 2 could be labeled as pure cheese and I am not a Danny Glover fan, but I liked the sequel.

The trailer of this new flick looks AWESOME!!!

So when will the Bob Marley Alien return to earth???????

Signed,

"No Alien No Cry" laugh.gif

I saw Predators today. It ruled! It doesn't touch the first one, but it was fun and kept me entertained. Some people were bitching about the ending, but I had no problem with it and really couldn't see it ending any other way.

I was so pumped for this film, saw it on friday and have never been so let down by a film! what a piece of shite!

so much wrong with it, hurrendous script writing, terrible acting, cringeworthy lines, completely random elements, grrrr

rodriguez tried to make it very similair to the original and absolutely destroyed it, such a shame cause the concept was great and could potentially if done in the right way have been a great film.

The only saving grace was that they brought back the music and soundtracks from the original, which in themselves are a masterpiece.

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Jul 11 2010, 10:35 AM)
I was so pumped for this film, saw it on friday and have never been so let down by a film! what a piece of shite!

so much wrong with it, hurrendous script writing, terrible acting, cringeworthy lines, completely random elements, grrrr

rodriguez tried to make it very similair to the original and absolutely destroyed it, such a shame cause the concept was great and could potentially if done in the right way have been a great film.

The only saving grace was that they brought back the music and soundtracks from the original, which in themselves are a masterpiece.

confused13.gif

What were you expecting?

I saw it last night and in comparison to other Predator flicks, it was pretty good. Much better acting than the first one (I still liked that one as well) and way better all around than the second one. It was an entertaining movie that's worth seeing if you liked the other predator movies. If you thought the others were crap then you won't like this one.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jul 13 2010, 10:12 AM)

confused13.gif

What were you expecting?

I saw it last night and in comparison to other Predator flicks, it was pretty good. Much better acting than the first one (I still liked that one as well) and way better all around than the second one. It was an entertaining movie that's worth seeing if you liked the other predator movies. If you thought the others were crap then you won't like this one.

How was Adrian Brody? Definitely a new sort of role for him.

I'm lukewarm on seeing it. I enjoyed the first one for what it was, a chance for Arnold to show off his muscles and tough-guyness. Second, not so much. Anything after, didn't bother.

Just saw it. Not that great. Worth a view, but it's completely retarded and boring up until somewhere in the middle. Terrible script in some places, and never really gave a solid sense of "this is not Earth and we are all in terrible danger" (besides one scene where multiple moons and a gas giant are visible in the sky, that was nice). Seemed cheap.

I don't think Rodriguez should have been allowed to make a movie about a Sci-Fi staple; he filled it with dumb-ass-Rodriguez-humor that served to weaken the atmosphere.

It gets decent near the end, though. It's just a really good B movie, kind of like the new "Clash Of The Titans".

Don't know why I reviewed this in this thread, but it's worth a trip to theater if you have the time, and definitely worth a rent.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jul 13 2010, 09:12 AM)

confused13.gif

What were you expecting?

What do you mean "better acting than the original"? The squad in Predator was completely believable, whereas the mixmatch of victims in this one marched around in a single file line firing off stupid dialog, and standing in a group shooting in the same direction (somehow missing) when in combat.

(you are correct in your assessment of it vs. Predator 2).