Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

'Vapor Trails'

This one was a real grower. First time I listened to it, my response was something along the lines of "This sucks". Took about three or four listens before I suddenly realized that I actually liked the album, and from then to this day I really can't get enough of it.

It seems to exist in its own little world, not really sounding like any of the other Rush albums, and not really sounding like anything else by anyone else. The damn thing is an abrasive, chaotic masterpiece.

QUOTE (Geddy's 80s Mullet @ Sep 29 2009, 05:46 AM)
'Vapor Trails'

This one was a real grower. First time I listened to it, my response was something along the lines of "This sucks". Took about three or four listens before I suddenly realized that I actually liked the album, and from then to this day I really can't get enough of it.

It seems to exist in its own little world, not really sounding like any of the other Rush albums, and not really sounding like anything else by anyone else. The damn thing is an abrasive, chaotic masterpiece.

goodpost.gif Same.

Hemispheres for me. It's simply perfection from start to finish.

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

sorry, being new, I had to get that out of my system

*Grace Under Pressure* for me, it seems i can never put it down. Then *Vapor Trails* followed my *Moving Pictures* then *2112*

Moving Pictues is where it is based mainly on the my love of the song *The Camera Eye*. An odd thing the first time I REALLY heard *The Camera Eye*.

I was pumped and getting ready for my first 2.gif concert yes *Grace Under Pressure* tour. Before the show my friends and I had indulged in some pre-game festivities and feeling fine. I was alone in the car (passenger seat) waiting for friends to come. I cranked up MP on cassette and the beginning of TCE comes on with the horns. cool10.gif

I almost broke my neck trying to find out who the hell is beeping me for being in a parked car. I wasn't till a bit later i noticed it was just the fricking song that I calmed down. I was pumped cause I did get into it at the show when some buffoon tried unsuccessfully to steal my GUP tour shirt. They paid the price I must say, man the stupid things you do when you're young.

Peace

Edited by g under p

Over the last 27 or so years it has flip flopped back and forth between Hemispheres and Permanent Waves.

Finally over the last 2 years it has become clear that my #1 all time favorite Rush album is Permanent Waves. Soncially perfect. And it has the perfect balance of Prog and Rock with a pop sensibility.

TSOR and Freewill can both easily qualify as the greatest Rush songs ever written.

Natural Science and Jacobs Ladder are the best Epic songs they have ever written IMO.

Different Strings - short and oh so sweet this is one of the best production songs they have ever recorded. It is haunting and beautiful.

Entre Nous - what a vastly underrated Rush song and it sounded amazing on the 2007 leg...they should play it again this time out!

Waves was so ahead of it's time in 1979/1980. And to this day stands as one of the best Rock albums ever recorded.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1