I Bought Wendy A 1972 Ouija Board For Xmas!

RUSHHEAD666

I played it ONE time. That was it. The experience was waaaaaaay too horrific to ever try again.

I was severely looking for trouble so I played alone... IN THE DARK!!! ohmy.gif I had BLACK SABBATH playing, y'know... for mood. Then I figured the dark wasn't scary enough, so I lit some candles. CREEPY shit folks. scared.gif

So then I asked it the first question. "Will I ever get to meet Neil Peart?" I felt the pointer start to move slowly toward "Y". ohmy.gif I was shocked. Then I asked it... "should I ask for his autograph?" The pointer QUICKLY moved to "N". I was heartbroken. sad.gif

Then... just as I was about to ask if Neil would ever pretend that I was his long awaited friend... the room filled with a bright light and I was suddenly transported through my window and up into a UFO. I was anally probed by beings that strikingly resembled sasquatches. ohmy.gif

I found myself waking to the sound of my Black Sabbath record being played backwards and Ozzy telling ME directly to kill myself. Then mom walked in and told me to straighten up my damn room and get downstairs for dinner.

NEVER AGAIN folks.... never again. cat.gif

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 28 2009, 08:27 AM)
I know a lot of people think the game is harmless, but its not. It can and has opened portals into the spirit realm. It all depends on the person using it. If you are truly looking for trouble, you will find it.
I don't think the game is harmless and I think whoever owns one should throw it out.
One last thing. You never use a Ouija board alone, or your really looking for trouble.
Ok, you can all make fun of me now.

So let me get this straight... You can't sit in a cemetary and talk to your deceased relatives, as they won't hear you - yet with this you can open doors to the spirit realm? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 28 2009, 10:05 PM)
I know a lot of people think the game is harmless, but its not. It can and has opened portals into the spirit realm. It all depends on the person using it. If you are truly looking for trouble, you will find it.
I don't think the game is harmless and I think whoever owns one should throw it out.
One last thing. You never use a Ouija board alone, or your really looking for trouble.

So let me get this straight... You can't sit in a cemetary and talk to your deceased relatives, as they won't hear you - yet with this you can open doors to the spirit realm? laugh.gif

You know, I was going to PM tick (to avoid a repeat of what happened last time) and ask him that very thing. I am curious as to how those beliefs jive with each other.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 29 2009, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 28 2009, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 28 2009, 10:32 AM)
Its important to keep in mind that Parker Brothers did not invent the Ouija board. They merely cashed in on peoples fascination with the supernatural and the occult. They didn't create evil for 12.99, they just market what the public wants. People have been conducting seances and such for hundreds of years and it is this act and not a plastic board game that holds any power. It is the individual looking for trouble in places he need not go that manifests a problem. As I said, you don't need this game to find trouble, its just a vehicle you can choose to use. It can just be a cheap plastic piece of crap, its up to the users.

Well said. If you're a sincere participant, then this thing potentially opens you up to world of trouble.

People can say what they will about the spirit world, but it does exist. And that "young child" you are talking with probably isn't. More than likely it is something far more dangerous. After all, is a spirit or demon who wants to possess you going to be honest and tell you it wants to destroy you? Or is he going to lie and tell you he/she is a harmless child or some other innocent seeming thing?

edit for spelling

How does anyone know that the spirit world exists? confused13.gif I find in situations like this that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Ouija boards, seances, mediums, near-death experiences, etc. have been debunked time and time again. Seriously check out Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit and tell me it's not fair and open-minded.

RR, my opinion is pretty much the same as yours. But I think some replies to your post would include:

1) I don't need proof to believe in the spirit world.

2) [Faith/Logic] tells me it's all real.

3) I've tried using a Ouija board before and had a horrifying experience.

4) I've known too many people that have had horrifying experiences using a Ouija board.

5) I'm not going to risk being hunted by evil spirits just in case it is real.

6) Carl Sagan is a freak.

7) Penn & Teller's antics can't convince me there isn't a spirit realm.

8) Can you prove the spirit world ISN'T real? Since you can't, then I'll believe it is real until then.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 28 2009, 08:59 PM)
I played it ONE time. That was it. The experience was waaaaaaay too horrific to ever try again.

I was severely looking for trouble so I played alone... IN THE DARK!!! ohmy.gif I had BLACK SABBATH playing, y'know... for mood. Then I figured the dark wasn't scary enough, so I lit some candles. CREEPY shit folks. scared.gif

So then I asked it the first question. "Will I ever get to meet Neil Peart?" I felt the pointer start to move slowly toward "Y". ohmy.gif I was shocked. Then I asked it... "should I ask for his autograph?" The pointer QUICKLY moved to "N". I was heartbroken. sad.gif

Then... just as I was about to ask if Neil would ever pretend that I was his long awaited friend... the room filled with a bright light and I was suddenly transported through my window and up into a UFO. I was anally probed by beings that strikingly resembled sasquatches. ohmy.gif

I found myself waking to the sound of my Black Sabbath record being played backwards and Ozzy telling ME directly to kill myself. Then mom walked in and told me to straighten up my damn room and get downstairs for dinner.

Shit, that sounds frightening dude. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 28 2009, 09:09 PM)

You know, I was going to PM tick (to avoid a repeat of what happened last time) and ask him that very thing. I am curious as to how those beliefs jive with each other.

Oh yikes, I kinda forgot about the reaction from back then. I only recall the point made in that initial post. Perhaps I should have just left that one alone. Sorry. I was just breakin his chops.

I happen to believe the board works. I've seen it for myself, and a friend of mine in college had a major thing happen - documented by those professional ghost buster folks (whatever you call them).

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Dec 28 2009, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 28 2009, 08:59 PM)
I played it ONE time.  That was it.  The experience was waaaaaaay too horrific to ever try again. 

I was severely looking for trouble so I played alone... IN THE DARK!!!  ohmy.gif  I had BLACK SABBATH playing, y'know... for mood.  Then I figured the dark wasn't scary enough, so I lit some candles.  CREEPY shit folks.  scared.gif 

So then I asked it the first question.  "Will I ever get to meet Neil Peart?"  I felt the pointer start to move slowly toward "Y".  ohmy.gif  I was shocked.  Then I asked it... "should I ask for his autograph?"  The pointer QUICKLY moved to "N".  I was heartbroken.  sad.gif 

Then... just as I was about to ask if Neil would ever pretend that I was his long awaited friend... the room filled with a bright light and I was suddenly transported through my window and up into a UFO.  I was anally probed by beings that strikingly resembled sasquatches.  ohmy.gif 

I found myself waking to the sound of my Black Sabbath record being played backwards and Ozzy telling ME directly to kill myself.  Then mom walked in and told me to straighten up my damn room and get downstairs for dinner. 

NEVER AGAIN folks.... never again.  cat.gif

Shit, that sounds frightening dude. laugh.gif

Yeah, who knew teenage Necro had a man crush on Neil? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 28 2009, 09:59 PM)

Wow. You made me laugh! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 29 2009, 11:21 AM)
I played it ONE time.  That was it.  The experience was waaaaaaay too horrific to ever try again. 

I was severely looking for trouble so I played alone... IN THE DARK!!!  ohmy.gif  I had BLACK SABBATH playing, y'know... for mood.  Then I figured the dark wasn't scary enough, so I lit some candles.  CREEPY shit folks.  scared.gif 

So then I asked it the first question.  "Will I ever get to meet Neil Peart?"  I felt the pointer start to move slowly toward "Y".  ohmy.gif  I was shocked.  Then I asked it... "should I ask for his autograph?"  The pointer QUICKLY moved to "N".  I was heartbroken.  sad.gif 

Then... just as I was about to ask if Neil would ever pretend that I was his long awaited friend... the room filled with a bright light and I was suddenly transported through my window and up into a UFO.  I was anally probed by beings that strikingly resembled sasquatches.  ohmy.gif 

I found myself waking to the sound of my Black Sabbath record being played backwards and Ozzy telling ME directly to kill myself.  Then mom walked in and told me to straighten up my damn room and get downstairs for dinner. 

This may be the first time I've seen Necro use an i in Peart's first name

NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 28 2009, 10:09 PM)

I will tell you how. A person talking to a deceased relative is talking to someone who can not hear them, because the dead remain dead and have no contact with the living. When I apologized to Herbie the dorklift, it was for being insensitive to his feelings, and I was truly sorry for that. Is was not because I felt what I said was in error.

What you summon with a Ouija board is not the spirit of any dead person, it is a demon that will pose as a deceased person, someone you loved or are just fascinated with, to try and deceive you. The spirit realm is made up of demonic spirits and not the spirits of those who were once living.

This is my belief and is based on what the bible has to say about these matters. I care not what Carl Sagan has to say about Ouija boards or anything else of a spiritual nature. It means nothing to me.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, rather then speak from ignorance, research these matters for yourself. This is a controversial topic and certainly opens doors for ridicule, but this is what I believe about such matters.

I also can appreciate good comedy so nice job Necro.

and to Pags, you did not offend me, and I know your thoughts on the Ouija board.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 28 2009, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 29 2009, 11:21 AM)

This may be the first time I've seen Necro use an i in Peart's first name

NeilFinal.gif

I was possessed. It wasn't me. no.gif

I really do think it would be fun to haunt people. Nothing truly mean or hurtful; just silly little pranks, like removing all of the toilet paper from the premises while the hauntee is sleeping.

I've warned my husband that, in the event I pre-decease him, there WILL be spooky consequences for him if my funeral arrangements do not go as I wish. Specifically, no body viewing and no burial. Cremation only, but he can do as he wishes with the ash (including flushing it if that's what he deems appropriate. Don't much care - I just do not want to decompose. Ick).

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 28 2009, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Dec 27 2009, 11:19 PM)
I got my 9 year old son a Ouija board for Christmas. His is a new one though and it glows in the dark. I'd love an old one, maybe I should check out ebay.

We used it on Christmas night, just kind of messing around. As soon as we started messing with it and we all put our fingers on it, my 7 year old daughters new alarm clock started playing music, they was kind of creepy. After we asked if anyone was here we heard paper crinkling. Kind of freaked my kids out.

We're going to play with it again on New Years Eve I think.

Whoa! That is creepy! Cool!

By the way that's where I found my used 1972 board, on eBay only 40 bones.

Keep me posted on any strange activity you encounter on New Year's Eve.

That's a good idea. Doubt my girls would want to do that!

Cheers!

Earl

It was pretty , hmm interesting I guess is the best word to describe it. I wouldn't say I was scared, but it got me wondering.

I can't wait for New Years. I think I might even have my video camera going.

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 28 2009, 09:00 PM)
Your daughter has made a "wise" decision Earl. biggrin.gif

Hey Trout!

I'm a Penishead! I bought the Ouija Board for my wife Wendy! It was a prank gift and she was not a happy camper. She wants to throw the board out. She won't even read this awesome thread. The stuff freaks her out! Real or fake it's a fun topic for discussion!

My oldest daughter Zoe is really scared too though and wants nothing to do with the board.

The weird thing is our 9 year old Skylar wants to play with the Ouija Board.

Let's just say that at this point in time I'm going to "Leave That Thing Alone." laugh.gif

Hey did you know that "Paranormal Activity" came out today on dvd and Blu-Ray?

Timing is everything!

Maybe when Wendy goes to sleep I should turn off all the lights in the house, light a few candles, put "Paranormal Activity" on Blu-Ray and play my Ouija Board alone!

Shit I dare anyone on here who doesn't believe in the Ouija Board to do that little experiment!

I'm passing for now and I feel like a centrist when it comes to this whole Ouija Spiritual Portal World.

Not really sure what to believe.

Is it true that if you have a horrific experience with a Ouija Board that you should actually burn it?

Strange stuff. Don't you love it?

trink39.gif

QUOTE (afurrything @ Dec 28 2009, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 28 2009, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Dec 27 2009, 11:19 PM)
I got my 9 year old son a Ouija board for Christmas. His is a new one though and it glows in the dark. I'd love an old one, maybe I should check out ebay.

We used it on Christmas night, just kind of messing around. As soon as we started messing with it and we all put our fingers on it, my 7 year old daughters new alarm clock started playing music, they was kind of creepy. After we asked if anyone was here we heard paper crinkling. Kind of freaked my kids out.

We're going to play with it again on New Years Eve I think.

Whoa! That is creepy! Cool!

By the way that's where I found my used 1972 board, on eBay only 40 bones.

Keep me posted on any strange activity you encounter on New Year's Eve.

That's a good idea. Doubt my girls would want to do that!

Cheers!

Earl

It was pretty , hmm interesting I guess is the best word to describe it. I wouldn't say I was scared, but it got me wondering.

I can't wait for New Years. I think I might even have my video camera going.

Alright, now that's cool and creepy. You really going to do the video camera thing?

Funny I just posted that "Paranormal Activity" came out today on dvd and Blu-Ray.

I am interesting to find out about your New Year's experience. I hope you write a review about it on here. That is if you survive the night..................................................

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 29 2009, 03:42 PM)

Is it true that if you have a horrific experience with a Ouija Board that you should actually burn it?

Even if I believed in the Ouija board, I'd have an even harder time believing that burning that toy would stop an evil spirit from kicking my ass. Seriously, believing that aspect of Ouija sounds like the result of watching too many Hollywood movies mixed with a little dab of voodoo.

Sincerely,

Brother Voodoo

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/BrotherVoodoo.JPG

wink.gif

I saw a show once where they took a Ouija board pointer and inverted it and secured it to a glass table. Then they took the board and turned it upside down and set it atop the pointer and had the folks put their hands on that and then ask their questions. They didn't get any results. So try that at home and if you get any appreciable results then you can say it works.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 29 2009, 10:54 AM)
I saw a show once where they took a Ouija board pointer and inverted it and secured it to a glass table. Then they took the board and turned it upside down and set it atop the pointer and had the folks put their hands on that and then ask their questions. They didn't get any results. So try that at home and if you get any appreciable results then you can say it works.

I fail to see how that proved anything ? confused13.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 29 2009, 09:57 AM)

It proved that those who use a Ouija board and get results are indeed subconsciously moving the pointer themselves.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 28 2009, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 28 2009, 09:00 PM)
Your daughter has made a "wise" decision Earl. biggrin.gif

Hey Trout!

I'm a Penishead! I bought the Ouija Board for my wife Wendy! It was a prank gift and she was not a happy camper. She wants to throw the board out. She won't even read this awesome thread. The stuff freaks her out! Real or fake it's a fun topic for discussion!

My oldest daughter Zoe is really scared too though and wants nothing to do with the board.

The weird thing is our 9 year old Skylar wants to play with the Ouija Board.

Let's just say that at this point in time I'm going to "Leave That Thing Alone." laugh.gif

Hey did you know that "Paranormal Activity" came out today on dvd and Blu-Ray?

Timing is everything!

Maybe when Wendy goes to sleep I should turn off all the lights in the house, light a few candles, put "Paranormal Activity" on Blu-Ray and play my Ouija Board alone!

Shit I dare anyone on here who doesn't believe in the Ouija Board to do that little experiment!

I'm passing for now and I feel like a centrist when it comes to this whole Ouija Spiritual Portal World.

Not really sure what to believe.

Strange stuff. Don't you love it?

trink39.gif

laugh.gif Well they are both wise!! biggrin.gif What wouldn't be wise is you lighting a few candles and playing with that thing alone in the dark. unsure.gif Imagine your wife waking up and finding you alone with that thing. That's a recipe for disaster. rofl3.gif Don't burn the damn thing just send it to Al Davis. 1287.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Look, we had one of these when I was a kid and dragged it out a couple of times each year, usually during a slumber party. Sat in the dark, with a candle or two.

Nothing ever happened, apart from someone accusing someone else of moving the planchette. This was inevitably followed by indignant denials from the accused, ultimately ending in fits of giggles as the guilty party lost the battle to maintain her poker face and admitted to moving the piece "maybe just a little".

I personally do not know anyone who has had a different experience. I realize this hardly counts as empirical evidence, but I just think it's a load of horseshit.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 29 2009, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 29 2009, 09:57 AM)

It proved that those who use a Ouija board and get results are indeed subconsciously moving the pointer themselves.

The problem is not with the board but with the summoning of spirits. There are probably several ways of summoning an evil spirit/being. I think it's when a person pursues things in the spirit world that aren't holy that gets them into a mess. BTW. I believe that some people can operate as a stronger portal than others. But we all can tap into that realm imo.

This thread is walking the SOCN line.

Archived