I Bought Wendy A 1972 Ouija Board For Xmas!

RUSHHEAD666

Still on the topic of channeling spirits: I will say that Magic Eight Balls are really dangerous. Play with these at your own risk.

I cut my hand badly enough to need stitches when my best friend and I sawed into one to get the little die out. Also, we wanted to see if the blue fluid was really blue or if the Eight Ball's viewing window was just tinted. (When mixed with blood, it was just kind of a thin red).

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 1 2010, 09:03 AM)
Still on the topic of channeling spirits: I will say that Magic Eight Balls are really dangerous.  Play with these at your own risk.

I cut my hand badly enough to need stitches when my best friend and I sawed into one to get the little die out.  Also, we wanted to see if the blue fluid was really blue or if the Eight Ball's viewing window was just tinted.  (When mixed with blood, it was just kind of a thin red).

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one to cut one open for the little cube!!!

2funny.gif

In response to some of the posts I read...

I have never used a Ouija board. I have never even touched one. I have heard stories from people I trust about there experiences and I tend to believe that anything is possible. Ask Pags about the Quija board, he has a story.

I do believe many times, its probably just a bogus experience, but I think the possibility for trouble exists. What can I tell ya, that's what I believe, and Carl Sagan, Penn and Teller, or the Golden Randy won't convince me otherwise.

I know people close to me who have had very frightening experiences with the Supernatural, not related to a Ouija board. If demons are able to cause trouble at all, then why not f**k with someone looking for it with a 12.99 harmless toy ?

This thread is fun, I hope it keeps going.

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2009, 03:04 PM)

Not that I don't believe in the supernatural. I just highly doubt that any "spirit" or "demon", whatever, would pick a damn game, or ornate piece of wood to cross realms through.

I agree!

I have played with a Ouija board when I was a kid - got it for christmas when I was about 9-10yrs old. it was nothing more than a piece of cardbord and plastic that NEVER answered any question with out a HUMAN hand guilding it!

So yes, I keep an open mind to the idea that there is a "supernatural world" and some things occure that we can't explain with science (YET). But I can't and won't believe that a kids toys can bring doom to a person.

Believe what you want, it's a free country, but untill I have a personal experience or proof to change my mind, I will remain respectfully sceptical.

PS Tick, I really though you were trying to be funny...sorry, no offence intended. trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2010, 10:18 AM)
I have never used a Ouija board. I have never even touched one. I have heard stories from people I trust about there experiences and I tend to believe that anything is possible. Ask Pags about the Quija board, he has a story.
I do believe many times, its probably just a bogus experience, but I think the possibility for trouble exists. What can I tell ya, that's what I believe, and Carl Sagan, Penn and Teller, or the Golden Randy won't convince me otherwise.
I know people close to me who have had very frightening experiences with the Supernatural, not related to a Ouija board. If demons are able to cause trouble at all, then why not f**k with someone looking for it with a 12.99 harmless toy ?
trink36.gif

It is a fun thread! trink39.gif

Let's hear some stories, people! As far as the supernatural, I've had lots of deja vu, and I've also had experiences sucessfully predicting events that later took place.

I've never experienced anything ghostly, though.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2010, 08:18 AM)
trink36.gif

I used a Ouija Board I think once as a kid, and it was a completely unmemorable experience other than I sorta/kinda remember doing it. Even though the thread is ostensibly about that, it quickly became about something else, which is what most threads like this turn into.

Option one is you believe in things beyond the physical because of personal experience, or faith, or because you believe others you trust who have had experiences, or some combination thereof.

Or, you don't believe because you haven't had any kind of experiences, or you have and you chalk it up to some kind of more rational explanation, or you only believe what science can prove to you, and you assume everyone else who experiences something is either delusional or misinterpreting something that can be explained away more rationally or scientifically.

It becomes believer vs. non-believer, and I don't think I've ever seen one group convince anyone from the other group that they were right, no matter how rationally, intelligently, logically or thoroughly they presented their argument.

Anyone ever used divining rods to find water? I have, successfully, in a house. I walked around the house - which was unfamiliar to me - and the rods crossed directly over the spot in my path where the water line ran. Was I just lucky, intuitive about the home design, or can humans really sense the presence of water?

That Quija Board scene in "Paranormal Activity" freaked out Wendy again when we watched the "unrated" version on blu.

She made it very quite clear on the couch the other night that her Christmas Ouija Board would never enter our house again.

I will give in and respect her wishes but I sure as hell am not going to burn the Board or simply toss it into the recycle can.

By the way, I saw the alternate ending of "Paranormal Activity" and I must say it left an imprint in my brain.

A lot better than the theatrical version I might add.

I woke up in the early morning with the vision of that ending in my head. Creepy shit.

Horror movies never fukk with my sleep these years.

Well until now.........

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 5 2010, 06:02 AM)
Is this thread still going? ohmy.gif

Oh, it's still horseshit by the way wink.gif

I was inspired enough by the topic to post a similar thread on another forum I spend time on. (Speaking of horseshit, it happens to be a horse industry BB; they have off-topic days on holidays).

Far more skeptics among that crowd. confused13.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 1 2010, 07:48 PM)
Anyone ever used divining rods to find water? I have, successfully, in a house. I walked around the house - which was unfamiliar to me - and the rods crossed directly over the spot in my path where the water line ran. Was I just lucky, intuitive about the home design, or can humans really sense the presence of water?

There is something to that. I have seen on multiple occasions where this has worked.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 5 2010, 11:46 AM)
Is it a glow in the dark Ghostbusters shirt?! I'll take it off your hands! I miss mine, in the afterlife when I find out WTF threw it out I will seek my vengeance!

LOL! Nope! Sorry bud. It's just a plain white tee with the words "I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts."

I guess the two "gag" gifts for my wife was a bad idea.

I thought it was very funny at the time of purchase though.

The thought of seeing Wendy play with a Ouija Board while wearing a a Ghostbusters shirt was etched in the back of my head.

It will certainly never become a reality.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 5 2010, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 5 2010, 11:46 AM)
Is it a glow in the dark Ghostbusters shirt?!  I'll take it off your hands!  I miss mine, in the afterlife when I find out WTF threw it out I will seek my vengeance!

LOL! Nope! Sorry bud. It's just a plain white tee with the words "I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts."

I guess the two "gag" gifts for my wife was a bad idea.

I thought it was very funny at the time of purchase though.

The thought of seeing Wendy play with a Ouija Board while wearing a a Ghostbusters shirt was etched in the back of my head.

It will certainly never become a reality.

Just the fact that you would buy gag gifts is really pretty funny, and I hope she at least appreciates that you have a damn sense of humor...

... even if she's not about to play with Ouija board while wearing a Ghostbusters shirt. tongue.gif

Archived