I Bought Wendy A 1972 Ouija Board For Xmas!

RUSHHEAD666

Hey Rush Forum Fanatics!

Wendy is really freaked out by the Spirit and Ghost World, so I figured that I would buy her a used 1972 Parker Brothers Ouija Board for Christmas. I also threw in a "Ghostbusters" shirt with "I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts" on the front. I thought it was clever.

Let's just say that she was not very amused.

The last I checked the Ouija Board was in the garage, and the Ghostbusters T-shirt was in the garbage.

Interesting to note Rush Fans since all of you love the song "ANAGRAM (FOR MONGO)." Did you know that you can take the word "garage" out of "garbage?" Hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, Wendy has absolutely no interest in breaking out the Ouija Board.

Does anyone in Rushforumland have any ghost stories to share?

Ever see anything strange while playing with a Ouija Board?

I played the board once all alone and I contacted a little boy named Steven. He told me that he was 9 years old.

I haven't touched a Ouija Board since.

Do you think that a "used" Ouija Board still harbors old spirits from the past?

I don't want any of that "Paranormal Activity" shit going on in my house!

Signed,

"Spirit Of Radio" laugh.gif

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my 9 year old son a Ouija board for Christmas. His is a new one though and it glows in the dark. I'd love an old one, maybe I should check out ebay.

We used it on Christmas night, just kind of messing around. As soon as we started messing with it and we all put our fingers on it, my 7 year old daughters new alarm clock started playing music, they was kind of creepy. After we asked if anyone was here we heard paper crinkling. Kind of freaked my kids out.

We're going to play with it again on New Years Eve I think.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Dec 27 2009, 11:19 PM)
I got my 9 year old son a Ouija board for Christmas. His is a new one though and it glows in the dark. I'd love an old one, maybe I should check out ebay.

We used it on Christmas night, just kind of messing around. As soon as we started messing with it and we all put our fingers on it, my 7 year old daughters new alarm clock started playing music, they was kind of creepy. After we asked if anyone was here we heard paper crinkling. Kind of freaked my kids out.

We're going to play with it again on New Years Eve I think.

Whoa! That is creepy! Cool!

By the way that's where I found my used 1972 board, on eBay only 40 bones.

Keep me posted on any strange activity you encounter on New Year's Eve.

That's a good idea. Doubt my girls would want to do that!

Cheers!

Earl

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Dec 28 2009, 12:08 AM)
A used 1972 board probably has a lot of stories behind it. Id be carefull dude! 1022.gif

Thanks dood!

I certainly wouldn't want to invite a "Poltergeist" into my house!

Great movie!

Weird shit happened on that set too and many of those actors passed away at an early age.

Crazy!

Signed,

Tobe Hooper

I know a lot of people think the game is harmless, but its not. It can and has opened portals into the spirit realm. It all depends on the person using it. If you are truly looking for trouble, you will find it.

I don't think the game is harmless and I think whoever owns one should throw it out.

One last thing. You never use a Ouija board alone, or your really looking for trouble.

Ok, you can all make fun of me now.

I really, really want one of these to take to my in-laws house next time I can't get out of visiting. (Which I think will be New Years' Day).

You know, the brother-in-law with "second sight" who sees a steady stream of otherworldly beings walking around his house (recently a fuzzy one wrapped itself around his leg for several hours), the sister-in-law who once stood in her kitchen at 6am one Easter Sunday waving a Bible at the ceiling and shrieking "Not on Easter morning! This is a Christian household! Get out now!" The in-laws who recently have reported demon problems and think the demon is targeting certain people, specifically me. Those in-laws.

I think it would just be fun to whip out the Ouija and video the ensuing wig-out. But my husband would probably divorce me.

edited for punctuation

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 28 2009, 10:27 PM)
I know a lot of people think the game is harmless, but its not. It can and has opened portals into the spirit realm. It all depends on the person using it. If you are truly looking for trouble, you will find it.
I don't think the game is harmless and I think whoever owns one should throw it out.
One last thing. You never use a Ouija board alone, or your really looking for trouble.

Going by the replies in this thread, it seems that someone that doesn't believe (me) would be more likely to be made fun of.

I'm not teasing here since folks believe what they believe, but I just can't see Parker Brothers successfully mass producing a spirit realm portal for $12.99. I believe the energy of culture, suggestion, experience, and imagination give this toy it's power.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 28 2009, 10:04 AM)

Going by the replies in this thread, it seems that someone that doesn't believe (me) would be more likely to be made fun of.

I'm not teasing here since folks believe what they believe, but I just can't see Parker Brothers successfully mass producing a spirit realm portal for $12.99. I believe the energy of culture, suggestion, experience, and imagination give this toy it's power.

Parker Brothers did nothing but make a cheesy toy, and they have no effect on the game. The game relies on players who are truly in tune with the spirit realm, or a home where the spirit realm is looking to be in tune with you. As I said, if you truly want trouble, and open the wrong doors, trouble will find you.

The most common thing said about this game is what you just said. A cheesy plastic game holds no power, its the energy in the players who bring it to life. For many the game is completely harmless, but to those who truly are obsessed with the occult, it can be trouble. I know someone very close to me who experienced problems as a child. She remembers going to sleep at night and having what she says looked like a witch in her room, sitting on her legs while she was in bed. She said she felt froze in the bed and could barely breath. She said it was horrifying. She liked to dabble in things she should not have and found out its not all fun and games. That is all I'll say about it, but I'm not joking around about this.

As I said, probably for many its harmless, but if you are truly searching for trouble you just may find it. Even if your not, it just might find you.

Just must remember, Parker Brothers did not invent the Ouija board, they have merely cashed in on it. You can buy some really elaborate boards that are not made of plastic. It is a toy as far as Parker Brothers is concerned, but they don't control the spirit realm by any means.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 28 2009, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 28 2009, 10:04 AM)

Parker Brothers did nothing but make a cheesy toy, and they have no effect on the game. The game relies on players who are truly in tune with the spirit realm, or a home where the spirit realm is looking to be in tune with you. As I said, if you truly want trouble, and open the wrong doors, trouble will find you.

The most common thing said about this game is what you just said. A cheesy plastic game holds no power, its the energy in the players who bring it to life. For many the game is completely harmless, but to those who truly are obsessed with the occult, it can be trouble. I know someone very close to me who experienced problems as a child. She remembers going to sleep at night and having what she says looked like a witch in her room, sitting on her legs while she was in bed. She said she felt froze in the bed and could barely breath. She said it was horrifying. She liked to dabble in things she should not have and found out its not all fun and games. That is all I'll say about it, but I'm not joking around about this.

As I said, probably for many its harmless, but if you are truly searching for trouble you just may find it. Even if your not, it just might find you.

Just must remember, Parker Brothers did not invent the Ouija board, they have merely cashed in on it. You can buy some really elaborate boards that are not made of plastic. It is a toy as far as Parker Brothers is concerned, but they don't control the spirit realm by any means.

Interestingly, the witch sitting experience is actually a common experience in Japan that often occurs while sleeping: people wake up in the middle of the night, are unable to move or breathe, then see a witch sitting on their legs and creeping up their body. They call it kanushibari. I'm not sure but I think the scientific term for that is sleep paralysis. Anyways, given that info about the witch you could argue that it is or isn't real. I think it could be argued to fit either side.

I've had the kanushibari experience but I didn't see the witch. Instead, I saw a shadowy figure standing over me and leaning down into my face. It was the scariest damn dream I've ever had though most locals believe I saw a ghost. The scariest thing about it is that it feels more like a permanent memory than a dream is slowly forgotten.

So tick, if I'm reading you right, it's your view that someone like me, who is skepticism personified where the spirit realm is concerned, has nothing to worry about with the board? That it's no more harmful than Monopoly?

Because I think the whole ghosts/demons/haunting thing is a load of bull pucky. The in-laws are sweet people (really, they are - it's just that they're too much to handle sometimes and it can be wearying) but I honestly think my BIL is either looking for attention or he's got something else going on (like undiagnosed petit mal epilepsy), and my SIL is just a very suggestible sort.

(Sometimes I wish I weren't so skeptical, because it might be fun to haunt certain people after I'm dead).

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 28 2009, 11:49 PM)
So tick, if I'm reading you right, it's your view that someone like me, who is skepticism personified where the spirit realm is concerned, has nothing to worry about with the board?  That it's no more harmful than Monopoly?

Because I think the whole ghosts/demons/haunting thing is a load of bull pucky.  The in-laws are sweet people (really, they are - it's just that they're too much to handle sometimes and it can be wearying) but I honestly think my BIL is either looking for attention or he's got something else going on (like undiagnosed petit mal epilepsy), and my SIL is just a very suggestible sort.

(Sometimes I wish I weren't so skeptical, because it might be fun to haunt certain people after I'm dead).

Well apparently that's the point. After you're dead it won't really matter if you're a skeptic or not. It matters what others believe. So, your BIL & SIL could very well see you haunting their home in 50 or 60 years. And they'll be screaming, "Mara be gone!" wink.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 28 2009, 10:49 AM)
So tick, if I'm reading you right, it's your view that someone like me, who is skepticism personified where the spirit realm is concerned, has nothing to worry about with the board? That it's no more harmful than Monopoly?

Because I think the whole ghosts/demons/haunting thing is a load of bull pucky. The in-laws are sweet people (really, they are - it's just that they're too much to handle sometimes and it can be wearying) but I honestly think my BIL is either looking for attention or he's got something else going on (like undiagnosed petit mal epilepsy), and my SIL is just a very suggestible sort.

All I am saying is, there is a natural physical realm that we live in, and a spirit realm that also exists. I can't say for sure why it manifests to some and not others but I believe if your looking to contact spirits, the odds are probably greater that you will.

For me personally, it seems narrow minded to think we are born, we live our life, and we die. That's all there is. It would seem life is too complex for it to be that simple and to to think no other realm exists is less realistic to me then to believe, when there is a natural realm, logic would say, there is a supernatural realm as well. There is just too much evidence to think it in no way exists.

First must say not a fan of this "game" and have refused to play, I do not temp fate! wink.gif

Second: Went digging and can not find any disclaimers information or lawsuits against Parker Brother/Hasbro.

Which I find intresting...If this is marketed as just a "game", yet having such disclaimer would nullify it as a just a "game"

Yet having no disclaimer opens the company up to law suits from those that claim playing this can has changed/altered their lives in some form.

INTRESTING indeed!

Its important to keep in mind that Parker Brothers did not invent the Ouija board. They merely cashed in on peoples fascination with the supernatural and the occult. They didn't create evil for 12.99, they just market what the public wants. People have been conducting seances and such for hundreds of years and it is this act and not a plastic board game that holds any power. It is the individual looking for trouble in places he need not go that manifests a problem. As I said, you don't need this game to find trouble, its just a vehicle you can choose to use. It can just be a cheap plastic piece of crap, its up to the users.

I wouldn't f**k with that shit, I knew a guy who was obsessed with a ouija board, he asked it all kinds of questions........like when he would die.

It wasn't too long after that he died in a helicopter crash.

Just sayin'.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 28 2009, 05:59 PM)
I wouldn't f**k with that shit, I knew a guy who was obsessed with a ouija board, he asked it all kinds of questions........like when he would die.

It wasn't too long after that he died in a helicopter crash.

Just sayin'.

OK, now that's just scary.

Yeah, ive known people that have had freaky shit happen with them as well. I never dared go near one . I think its like acid. You need to be in a good frame of mind, or else you are in for a long, f-ed up night.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 28 2009, 10:32 AM)
Its important to keep in mind that Parker Brothers did not invent the Ouija board. They merely cashed in on peoples fascination with the supernatural and the occult. They didn't create evil for 12.99, they just market what the public wants. People have been conducting seances and such for hundreds of years and it is this act and not a plastic board game that holds any power. It is the individual looking for trouble in places he need not go that manifests a problem. As I said, you don't need this game to find trouble, its just a vehicle you can choose to use. It can just be a cheap plastic piece of crap, its up to the users.

Well said. If you're a sincere participant, then this thing potentially opens you up to world of trouble.

People can say what they will about the spirit world, but it does exist. And that "young child" you are talking with probably isn't. More than likely it is something far more dangerous. After all, is a spirit or demon who wants to possess you going to be honest and tell you it wants to destroy you? Or is he going to lie and tell you he/she is a harmless child or some other innocent seeming thing?

edit for spelling

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 28 2009, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 28 2009, 10:32 AM)

Well said. If you're a sincere participant, then this thing potentially opens you up to world of trouble.

People can say what they will about the spirit world, but it does exist. And that "young child" you are talking with probably isn't. More than likely it is something far more dangerous. After all, is a spirit or demon who wants to possess you going to be honest and tell you it wants to destroy you? Or is he going to lie and tell you he/she is a harmless child or some other innocent seeming thing?

edit for spelling

How does anyone know that the spirit world exists? confused13.gif I find in situations like this that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Ouija boards, seances, mediums, near-death experiences, etc. have been debunked time and time again. Seriously check out Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit and tell me it's not fair and open-minded.

Archived